PDA

View Full Version : Few bugs, issue's and suggestions

Antonve
23-09-2017, 21:08
After finding the right feedback settings for my personal preference i started to really love the game!!
I love how every car feels and handles differently and also how handling changes when changing track.
As a rally game enthousiast i must say i absolutely love the wrx in the game, it makes much more sense than for say dirt rally and dirt4.
It's just awesome to experience the power of those cars and the fact you have to watch your steps because you have so much more power to your disposal than the corners can handle hehehe.

However i found a few bugs and have some issue's...
- A lot of times when at the start of a race (private testing's so far) and you have been in the tuning screen, when you go into the race the background is partially covered with just plain blue.
As soon as you start driving and take a corner or two and you have a completely different part of the scenery, it is gone.

- A lot of my times get deleted for no apparent reason whatsoever.
For example in spa as soon as i start braking for the very first corner it gets invalidated, even though i just have to brake there and i brake in straight line etc.
Also in lydden hill (wrx) everytime i have crossed the start/finish and slide in the first corner it happens also (most of the times).
If it doesn't happen in the first corner it will usually happen later on track, from all my laps driven i think i managed to get only 1 or 2 times validated (300km+ driven).

- I would like an ability to see personal best times for tracks.
It is not such big of an issue, but i sometimes like to see/compare my times with friends (brag about it hehe).
Now there is no way to see or show these, or they aren't getting saved in the private testing?
When i start a new session i do see a overall best time set, but personal best is never there.
So i have a few very rare set validated times(see above) and nowhere to acknowledge they were indeed valid.

- Sometimes when you get from the loading screen into the "start menu" the wheel just spins to the complete right as if that's where you left it last.
It takes quite some force to rotate it back to the center and as soon as you start the race it is fine again.
I think this happened mostly in wrx sessions so far.

- The overall volume of the game is way too low.
About everything i play(also my tv, computer sound, movies etc) i use my av-receiver at 50-55volume, for project cars2 i use 68 and that is still a bit low.
The worst part of having to do this, is that the receiver is than at about full volume and using the amp at almost max.
Therefor it is running hotter than with other games and the cooling kicks in pretty often.

- Sounds seem to be clipping out sometimes.
For example when you go over a curb, whilst accelerating and thus the tc kicks in, the engine sound completely disappears but you can still hear the sound of the curbs.
As soon as you get off the curb everything returns to normal again.
I don't exactly know if this is what should happen with the tc kicking in, but it sounds quite annoying to me.

- I can't use my th8a shifter as a handbrake.
It automatically assigns and link it to shifting, so i can chose whether to use my paddleshifters or the sequential (pointless in my case).
I rather have the th8a assigned to the handbrake for wrx and drifting.

- I miss the ability to start from tyre blankets in the private testing part of the game.
This is especially annoying in the wrx tracks where by default you have fuel for only 5-6rounds and you need 1 to 1.5 rounds to warm up the tires.
I can understand people like this aspect so a choice at the start of a track would be nice in case one ( like me) would like to use it.

Just my humble inputs, nothing to dislike the game for but hope these items can be addressed at some point.
Especially the th8a assignment, which was a big bummer for me.

Umer Ahmad
23-09-2017, 22:23
- Sounds seem to be clipping out sometimes.
For example when you go over a curb, whilst accelerating and thus the tc kicks in, the engine sound completely disappears but you can still hear the sound of the curbs.
As soon as you get off the curb everything returns to normal again.
I don't exactly know if this is what should happen with the tc kicking in, but it sounds quite annoying to me.

Yes, I believe this is the TC system cutting your throttle. Please disable TC and check again if the sound remains.

Fanapryde
23-09-2017, 22:45
- A lot of my times get deleted for no apparent reason whatsoever.

- I would like an ability to see personal best times for tracks.

Same here for deleting lap times.

+100 for ability to see personal best times (and have the delta timer using them)... !

Martini Da Gasalini
23-09-2017, 22:56
Another issue when practicing or even doing career, when you are tuning or qualifying and you sustain damage and you do a restart the damage remains, it's annoying seeing a huge bent hood after doing a refresh