PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec CSP V3 Brake/Throttle Rumble

theblacknight
23-09-2017, 22:20
Anyone using the Clubsport V3 pedals got the brake and throttle rumble motors working at all?

Cant seem to find any info on it at the moment.. Any help would be appreciated

thanks

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 22:30
Works here and it's awesome :D

Mine are connected via USB.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 22:41
Same here, CSP V3 connected to CSW V2 BAse and the pedal "rumble" is working as expected.

Rodders
24-09-2017, 02:07
I can't get mine working either. I have standalone CSP v3 and have configured fanaleds but just won't work. Fanaleds detected PCars 2 as soon as I installed it but no rumble. Have it working OK in AMS. RomKnight - so you are in directly to the PC using USB too and it works? Any tips?

jbark51
24-09-2017, 02:25
Work fine here with NO Fanleds installed. Maybe that's the fault?
JB

Morgan Henstridge
24-09-2017, 02:27
I'm not using Fanaleds either, just the game and Fanatec driver controlling everything.

Lplate
24-09-2017, 05:55
I have the V3. I am using plugged into CSL elite and the brake rumble doesn't work as they normally do which is with the ABS wheelbase setting.
I do feel wheel spin rumble at times but it seems to be only when accelerating.
I would really rather just have it normal and let my own settings from the wheelbase do the rubble and not the game. IS there a way to do that?

Rodders
24-09-2017, 11:55
I'm not using Fanaleds either, just the game and Fanatec driver controlling everything.

Are you plugged directly into the PC via USB or via a Fanatec wheel base?

AlpenoStrand
24-09-2017, 12:00
i have my CSP V3 connected to USB and FanaLED running, all rummble is working fine for me. Did not configure anything, worked from scratch. Do you have any other software (e.g. telemetry) running that may cause the effect to not work correctly?

theblacknight
24-09-2017, 14:26
i have my CSP V3 connected to USB and FanaLED running, all rummble is working fine for me. Did not configure anything, worked from scratch. Do you have any other software (e.g. telemetry) running that may cause the effect to not work correctly?

I have tried with FanaLEDS installed and uninstalled, V3's connected via USB. Cant get anything working at all.. With FanaLEDS isntalled you feel the rumble when the program starts up but then nothing ingame.. Cant figure it out

Tobarus
24-09-2017, 15:17
To be clear, the people who have the rumble working, exactly how are you pedals connected to the PC (ie - directly with USB, or via the base - I'm using direct drive so impossible)? Also, are you using any 3rd party software?

I have my pedals connected directly to USB (using the accuforce direct drive wheel) and:

1 - Have tried Fanaleds - nothing
2 - Game only, nothing.
3 - Rumble works fine with Fanatec driver/software with "rumble test"

Is there anything in particular you have set in game wise? UDP?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

theblacknight
24-09-2017, 15:37
To be clear, the people who have the rumble working, exactly how are you pedals connected to the PC (ie - directly with USB, or via the base - I'm using direct drive so impossible)? Also, are you using any 3rd party software?

I have my pedals connected directly to USB (using the accuforce direct drive wheel) and:

1 - Have tried Fanaleds - nothing
2 - Game only, nothing.
3 - Rumble works fine with Fanatec driver/software with "rumble test"

Is there anything in particular you have set in game wise? UDP?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Connected via USB and yes im using several UDP applications including Simdash, RS Dash & SLI Max Manager but ive tried without them and still the exact same issue..
tried with and without FanLEDS, same issue.. However the rumble sorks perfectly fine in the Fanatec control panel and is working fine for Iracing and Raceroom

Moonmatrix1
24-09-2017, 15:39
same problem. connected directly to PC. No rumble.

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 15:51
Please give as complete info as possible about your configuration please: which Fanatec driver, which wheel, FanaLEDs yes/no, connected to wheel or USB, if USB then what USB port (2.0 or 3.0, USB HUB), etc.

theblacknight
24-09-2017, 16:03
Fanatec Driver: 292 BETA (Latest) Also tried previous driver 289
Firmware: 1.30
Wheel: Thrustmaster TX Base with 599x Rim
FanaLEDS: Tried both with and without
V3 Pedals Connected via USB 3.0 Inateck Powered Switch Hub (works with every other game)

Does there need to be a specific shared memory settings to get this to work as that isnt the case with most other sim games.

Im running the following:
Shared Memory: Project Cars 2 (For compatability with SLIMax Manager)
UDP Frequency: 4
UDP Procotol: Version: Project Cars 1

Ive tried running Shared Memory on Project Cars 1 but didnt make any difference. Ive also tried with assists off/full/none and didnt make any difference either.

Not sure what else to try at this point as its only PCars its not working with. Is there a setting in an xml somewhere to adjust this as per iracing/raceroom etc?

Rodders
24-09-2017, 22:33
Fanatec Driver: 292 BETA (Latest) Also tried previous driver 289
Firmware: 1.30
Wheel: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
FanaLEDS: Tried only with
V3 Pedals Connected via USB 3.0 directly to PC

Shared Memory: Project Cars 2 (For compatability with Crew chief)
UDP Frequency: 1
UDP Procotol: Version: Project Cars 2

Rumble doesn't work.

Rantam
24-09-2017, 23:20
Hi,

This problem was already there during the development phase of the game. It seems to affect to those of us who have v3 pedals but use a NON-Fanatec wheel base (ie. thrustmaster). This also seems to affect PCars1 (unless you use fanaleds).

Note PCars2 supports the pedal rumble natively without the need of fanaleds (as long as you have also a Fanatec wheel, as I said) or any additional configuration.

Note also that the current version of fanaleds (m) doesn't support PCars2 despite having a profile for it. It will in the next version. This has been confirmed at fanaleds' official forums.

Regards

theblacknight
25-09-2017, 10:59
Hi,

This problem was already there during the development phase of the game. It seems to affect to those of us who have v3 pedals but use a NON-Fanatec wheel base (ie. thrustmaster). This also seems to affect PCars1 (unless you use fanaleds).

Note PCars2 supports the pedal rumble natively without the need of fanaleds (as long as you have also a Fanatec wheel, as I said) or any additional configuration.

Note also that the current version of fanaleds (m) doesn't support PCars2 despite having a profile for it. It will in the next version. This has been confirmed at fanaleds' official forums.

Regards

So basically its down to SMS for not implementing the correct code for it to work. So much for ensuring compatability with Fanatec Products! Is this going to get fixed in a patch? I wont hold my breath...

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 11:02
So basically its down to SMS for not implementing the correct code for it to work. So much for ensuring compatability with Fanatec Products! Is this going to get fixed in a patch? I wont hold my breath...
That's just unfounded speculation and accusations from your end. It could be a problem in the Fanatec driver or SDK just as well.

Nestoche
25-09-2017, 14:17
I also have this problem with my Fanatec CSP V1. No rumble in game but I do have rumble when testing with Fanatec Controller Panel in Windows

Windows 10 Pro - Latest version
Using TM TX wheel
Fanatec CSP V1 plugged into USB 2.0 - Direct to PC
Fanatec CSP V1 Drivers Version 261
FanaLED = No

Cornworld
25-09-2017, 16:41
On ps4 with the CSL Elite PS4 and Clubsport pedals v3. Latest firmware and drivers, pedals connected to the base. Some times it works correctly and it’s awesome, Ferrari GT3 for example. Other cars like BMW doesn’t give any feedback. Sometimes only the gas rumble works, sometimes only the brake. So it seems all over the place making the whole experience somewhat unpredictable. Could this have anything to do with the wheel support (recognition) / FFB issues?

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 16:51
Aren't all these different cars having different kinds of levels of driving assists (ABS, TC etc.)?

Cornworld
25-09-2017, 19:13
Yes I guess. But the rumble sometimes also works on cars with no assists. Don’t know if it’s supposed to only work with abs and tc cars? And for some reason it can work on a car one day and not, or only throttle, the next. Same car and track, different behaviour.

theblacknight
25-09-2017, 20:37
That's just unfounded speculation and accusations from your end. It could be a problem in the Fanatec driver or SDK just as well.

No speculation necessary. The Fanatec driver and SDK are perfectly fine as tested with Iracing, R3E, AC, F1 2017, Automobilista. So that leaves only one issue doesnt it? Its Project Cars!!:rolleyes:

Rodders
26-09-2017, 00:42
Hi,

Regards

Thanks Rantam. Will checkout when the next version is due.

Rodders
26-09-2017, 00:45
Yes I guess. But the rumble sometimes also works on cars with no assists. Don’t know if it’s supposed to only work with abs and tc cars? And for some reason it can work on a car one day and not, or only throttle, the next. Same car and track, different behaviour.

If anything I'd expect it to work on cars without ABS/TC and not work on ones with those assists, as you don't need the rumble if you have the assists.

peterCars
26-09-2017, 03:02
same problem here, clubsport base 2.5, pedals v3, pedals through the base and then all through bases USB. worked fine in PCars1.
you might try the wheels setting for ABS, which determines how much pedal is pressed before rumbling.
it is a bug.
(I also have the FFB settings in game and on the wheel ridiculously high and it is only just firm enough, though I am still working on it and yet to dive into Jack Spades solutions).
overall is groovy and much better than Pcars1

candy_cummings
12-10-2017, 01:38
Can we get an official stance on this issue. I'm using CSP V3 with T300RS and vibration motors do not work in neither PC1 or PC2. In PC1 they work only with FanaLEDs running. There is no way to select which type of pedals I'm using in Controls Scheme, I can only select "T300 RS"

In R3E for example, rumble works out of the box without any additional software, it also shows that I'm using CSP V3 pedals in game controls settings.

Please SMS fix this!

Fanapryde
18-10-2017, 16:03
Rumble motors in the wheel don't work in pCars2, they do fine in pCars1.

Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2 + Porsche 918 RSR
Driver: 289 BETA
Firmware: V 299

FanaLEDS: enabled/disabled, no change.

Base connected via USB, Fanatec CSW HQ shifter connected to the base.
Heusinkveld Pro pedals connected via USB.

drizzit
18-10-2017, 16:05
Rumble motors in the wheel don't work in pCars2, they do fine in pCars1.

Wheel: Fanatec CSW V2 + Porsche 918 RSR
Driver: 289 BETA
Firmware: V 299

FanaLEDS: enabled/disabled, no change.

Base connected via USB, Fanatec CSW HQ shifter connected to the base.
Heusinkveld Pro pedals connected via USB.

Cant say if it should works with the fanatec weelbase or not as I only got the pedals but for the record fanaleds is not updated for PC2 yet so that will make no difference yet. They say they have it working but waiting for working settings for F1 2017 before sending out the update for unknown reasons....

Fanapryde
18-10-2017, 16:36
Cant say if it should works with the fanatec weelbase or not as I only got the pedals but for the record fanaleds is not updated for PC2 yet so that will make no difference yet. They say they have it working but waiting for working settings for F1 2017 before sending out the update for unknown reasons....
Yeah, but the rumble motors in the Porsche RSR wheel work in pCars1, without Fanaleds...
So, while they don't work in pCars2, something must have been overlooked, right ?

Rikirk
18-10-2017, 17:02
Does not work for me either via USB. I have tx300 wheel.

konnos
05-12-2017, 21:18
Has there been any updates on this front please?

Alibi_GT
06-12-2017, 05:46
Yesterday(and much attempts before that) I've also searched for a solution. Fanaleds doesn't have updated their app (yet). But I found this http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/updates
I got it working, but have to fine tune it.

Sankyo
06-12-2017, 07:54
Has there been any updates on this front please?
That's too generic a question. CSP v3 pedal rumble works for me. It also works for the devs, with the configurations they can test. So if it doesn't work, it needs an explicit description of the configuration. Also, since the effect isn't strong at all because of the hardware design, people should verify visually whether it's really not working.

Franco Ferrari
06-12-2017, 08:27
I just made some changes to my rig, recently, so I can give some insight.

I previously used the Thrustmaster T500 RS, along with Fanatec CSS SQ (via Fanatec USB adapter) and the CSP V3 via USB cable.
I didn't know about FanaLED, so I have never installed it.
With that configuration, the rumble motors never worked in pCARS 2 for me, though they perfectly worked in Dirt Rally, for example, from the beginning.

Now I have the CSL Elite PS4 base, to which I attached everything, including the CSP pedals, and now everything works (including rumble motors) in pCARS 2.

I hope this can help.

EDIT: when I used to have the CSP V3 attached via USB, the rumble motors worked through the drivers control panel too.

konnos
06-12-2017, 12:07
Yesterday(and much attempts before that) I've also searched for a solution. Fanaleds doesn't have updated their app (yet). But I found this http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/updates

So you are saying that is can work universally if you open the shared memory thingie right? I will try it later when I am at home.

@Remco
Rumble works in the calibration menu, it is noticeable enough and even in my wheel a little since my rig is very stiff (Simetik K2). I played very little of AC and AMS, but there was no rumble there either. Is that rumble only for ABS? Or should it be working on brake lock too? I think I have disabled ABS in all sims so that might explain it.

Sankyo
06-12-2017, 12:11
Rumble works in the calibration menu, it is noticeable enough and even in my wheel a little since my rig is very stiff (Simetik K2). I played very little of AC and AMS, but there was no rumble there either. Is that rumble only for ABS? Or should it be working on brake lock too? I think I have disabled ABS in all sims so that might explain it.
When pedal rumble happens in the game depends on what the developer implemented, so there's no answering that one. I only know that in pC2, brake rumble happens when the wheels lock up.

Rodders
06-12-2017, 12:11
I just made some changes to my rig, recently, so I can give some insight.

I previously used the Thrustmaster T500 RS, along with Fanatec CSS SQ (via Fanatec USB adapter) and the CSP V3 via USB cable.
I didn't know about FanaLED, so I have never installed it.
With that configuration, the rumble motors never worked in pCARS 2 for me, though they perfectly worked in Dirt Rally, for example, from the beginning.

Now I have the CSL Elite PS4 base, to which I attached everything, including the CSP pedals, and now everything works (including rumble motors) in pCARS 2.

I hope this can help.

EDIT: when I used to have the CSP V3 attached via USB, the rumble motors worked through the drivers control panel too.

Yeah that's pretty much what I've heard by folks have a Fanatec wheel and pedals connected together. Fanaleds have stated on their forum it needs updated to support PCars2 as the original config they put in for it was based on the wrong game executable name.

Rumble motors work fine for me in drivers control panel and in Automobilista using fanaleds.

konnos
06-12-2017, 12:15
Alright, thanks. Well at least I know that it can work, now i need to find the way. It's nice that it works in PC2 on lock-up, i hope to get it working soon.

Franco Ferrari
06-12-2017, 13:12
Alright, thanks. Well at least I know that it can work, now i need to find the way. It's nice that it works in PC2 on lock-up, i hope to get it working soon.

Just for precision, there is a second rumble motor on the throttle pedal (in the CSP V3). In pCARS 2 it rumbles when the rear tyres are spinning from lost traction (very useful to precisely adjust how much gas to give).
In other games, though, the rumble motors are used for other things too. For example, Dirt Rally used them to simulate the shocks of the car landing after a jump.

VelvetTorpedo
06-12-2017, 14:22
FWIW: I have CSP v3 pedals, and rumble worked in PC1 with my TX but not PC2 using Fanaleds. Recently I got the black friday CSL Elite bundle so I installed the 313 wheel firmware and now my rumble works. Pedals are still plugged direct USB into my PC and nothing else changed. It's great, now i can feel the INSTANT the Group A E30 slides or spins the tires. I havent noticed brake rumble yet but I'm sure its the car I'm driving.

konnos
06-12-2017, 19:07

Hey again and sorry to bother you, but did you do something special in the program? I found the Shake-It tab and i set the thing to rumble on wheel loss etc, but the program says "game not connected", but I have chosen the settings suggested in their help tip. What are yours inside the program?

Avene_Avene
16-02-2018, 17:29
Hey again and sorry to bother you, but did you do something special in the program? I found the Shake-It tab and i set the thing to rumble on wheel loss etc, but the program says "game not connected", but I have chosen the settings suggested in their help tip. What are yours inside the program?

I had had the same problem and find out the way fix it.
It's little bit complicated to send the shake to your pedal motor.

For ABS , turn on the Wheel Lock on the 1st tab in the Shake it page.
Then on the 2nd tab, check the checkbox "send to fanatec brake", and set the wheel lock to 100 % on the mixer slider.

This setting shake my fanatec csp break pedal. the pedal is connected yi the PC with USB, and working with Thrustmaster ts-pc wheel.

ecstaticbrick
14-03-2018, 11:43
As there has been no updates from Fanaleds, is there an alternative program for pedal rumble that does work?

Rodders
14-03-2018, 17:53
Fanaleds was updated weeks ago and rumble works now in PCars2. Personally Ive found it a bit useless in regards to warning you about brake lock as even at its most immediate, there is a tiny delay that means you are aware of brake lock before the rumble is felt. It’s only useful as an immersion aid, not a driving one. Also it often sticks on and keeps rumbling under acceleration, requiring you to press the brake again to remove it. So it works but not particularly well or effectively.

ecstaticbrick
15-03-2018, 12:53
My Fanaleds is not working at all when the game is launched. I get the start up rumble test then nothing. Is there a comparability issue when using Crew Chief at the same time?

JimLee
20-03-2018, 01:23
I have contacted Fanatec on two separate occassions and have tried Fanaleds three times to resolve my "rumble issues". Which since they work (spin-up) under test conditions Fanatec says I have no problem (I sent them a video of with both their software running and Fanaleds running) since they are spinning they are fine. My problem appears to stem from the fact that the pedals (V3) are rigidly mounted to an 8020 aluminum simpit. The frame apparently absorbs/dampens out most of the vibration not allowing it to be transmitted with sufficient strength (At least that Fantec's reasoning???). To be honest even under test conditions I could barely feel it with finger on the pedals. I believe (at least for me) they are not "strong/big" enough to give me sufficient feed back although my F1 wheel feels fine with internal vibrator. I currently have the pedals and wheel plugged-in independently to USB and drive with thin semi-rigid sole light weight driving shoes. At least under heaving braking there is feed back through the wheel. (PC Universal Box and Forza GT Wheel which has no internal vibration motor).
That all being said it still a great wheel (V2) and Pedal (V3) setup to drive with.

Sankyo
21-03-2018, 11:44
I have contacted Fanatec on two separate occassions and have tried Fanaleds three times to resolve my "rumble issues". Which since they work (spin-up) under test conditions Fanatec says I have no problem (I sent them a video of with both their software running and Fanaleds running) since they are spinning they are fine. My problem appears to stem from the fact that the pedals (V3) are rigidly mounted to an 8020 aluminum simpit. The frame apparently absorbs/dampens out most of the vibration not allowing it to be transmitted with sufficient strength (At least that Fantec's reasoning???). To be honest even under test conditions I could barely feel it with finger on the pedals. I believe (at least for me) they are not "strong/big" enough to give me sufficient feed back although my F1 wheel feels fine with internal vibrator. I currently have the pedals and wheel plugged-in independently to USB and drive with thin semi-rigid sole light weight driving shoes. At least under heaving braking there is feed back through the wheel. (PC Universal Box and Forza GT Wheel which has no internal vibration motor).
That all being said it still a great wheel (V2) and Pedal (V3) setup to drive with.
Not sure if I understand correctly what you wrote, but if your problem is that you cannot feel the pedal rumble rather than the rumble not working at all (which can be determined by looking at the rumble motor spin up), then yes that's a limitation of these rumble motors.
I'm not sure how the rigidness of your racing cockpit influences the rumble feel since the rumble motor is directly mounted to the pedal and hence very close to your foot, but just because the pedals themselves are full metal and rigid I think that that's the major thing causing the weak rumble feel. Wearing racing shoes doesn't help either, by the way :)

Brado23
22-03-2018, 04:23
I'm running Fanaleds 2.4v with my CSP V3i pedals plugged into USB directly (as using with a Logitech G29 wheel) and I can't seem to get the rumble working properly. For example, the throttle rumble does work, but instead of vibrating when I lose traction and the traction control cuts in, it actually turns on when I transition from full throttle to off throttle. Does it when I get off the throttle whether I am losing traction or not.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

In posts above I see people talking about the Shake-It tab but can't see it in my version (2.4v). Was that only a tab in the older versions or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Piou
11-04-2018, 16:18
Hi here !

Any news on this topic ?
Installed the latest verion of Fanaleds, first thing, my pedals do not appear in the hardware drop down, impossible to know if this is normal or not ! Nothing on this topic on the web, only my fanatec standalone modified wheel shows there.
Second, I tried to register in Fanaleds forum, never received their email (yes I checked the spam folder) ! This does not inspire me trust :)

When running the test, I feel perfectly both pedals rumbling.
In the game I don't see / feel anything, even for the wheel vibration, set my break pressure to 100% in the car setup to force the ABS, but still nothing.

Moreover the UPD setting, even at the lowest frequency (1), causes incredible frame drop (don't even know if we can call them like that, I'm losing 1s or more sometimes ...).

Tried with SLI Manager with no better luck. In my case it is way better as it does not need the UDP and so doesn't cause the freezes. Can't find the settings for rumble in SLI manger but there at least the pedals are perfectly detected.

All work well in Fanatec driver UI.

GR all !

Mountie111
13-04-2018, 13:31
Hello quick question on the Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals mine are 10 weeks old and the brake pedal has up and down and sideways slop Fanatec asked for a video and then said it was normal. It only started a few days ago and makes driving at any level very difficult not what I expect for the cost of these pedals. And as they are not offering any solution poor product support in my opinion. Has anyone else developed this issue and does anyone have a fix? Fanatec have told me it is a normal amount of movement and have not responded for my request of a solution.

AbeWoz
13-04-2018, 13:34
can we see the video?

donaldbond
29-04-2018, 07:06
hi, are there any news on this problem? the engines on the pedals continue to not be featured, even after the last fanaled update.

Franco Ferrari
29-04-2018, 07:11
can we see the video?

Yup.
Can we?
Mine are almost 1 year old and all the pedals are solid like a piece of concrete.

Kitt
03-09-2018, 15:02
Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread, should there be an option on the Fanaleds software for throttle rumble? there's a tick box for brake which works in game but can't find the option for the throttle which doesn't work in game, cheers

DomB_Fanatec
03-09-2018, 15:07
Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread, should there be an option on the Fanaleds software for throttle rumble? there's a tick box for brake which works in game but can't find the option for the throttle which doesn't work in game, cheers
Last time I checked, throttle rumble definitely worked on PCARS1 and 2 without using Fanaleds...

cluck
03-09-2018, 16:44
Last time I checked, throttle rumble definitely worked on PCARS1 and 2 without using Fanaleds...Only if you also have a Fanatec wheel :). If, like me, you have an "insert name of alternative wheel manufacturer" then the rumble motors don't work. That's true of pCARS1 and 2 :)

DomB_Fanatec
04-09-2018, 08:01
Only if you also have a Fanatec wheel :). If, like me, you have an "insert name of alternative wheel manufacturer" then the rumble motors don't work. That's true of pCARS1 and 2 :)
Aha, fair point, I must remember to check sig specs in this forum :)

Kyuss
01-11-2018, 23:17
I'm using DOF P3's with Fanatec Clubsport V 2.5 wheel and V3 Pedals and I get no rumble or shake either. I've tried both connected to the hub station as well as straight USB. I can test them in the driver panel and they work fine. Unfortunately, Fanaleds doesn't detect Project Cars because it's the Oculus version which is named PCCarsOculus64. If I rename the .exe to Project Cars fanaled finds it fine but Oculus won't launch the game anymore. Anyone have a similar setup and got the pedals working?

EvenElectric
05-11-2018, 01:15
I too can confirm it does not work. I have Clubsport v2.5 wheel and v3 pedals. I can trigger the rumble via the driver config. No pedal rumble in game. I am not using Fanaleds. I am playing in VR on PC. Latest version of game and Fanatec drivers. It has never worked for me. I just assumed it was not supported. Apparently it works for some people.

Perhaps VR related?

Philm
13-11-2018, 18:23
idem, No pedal rumble in game with my V3 ... and i have not VR ...

Sankyo
14-11-2018, 08:18
I too can confirm it does not work. I have Clubsport v2.5 wheel and v3 pedals. I can trigger the rumble via the driver config. No pedal rumble in game. I am not using Fanaleds. I am playing in VR on PC. Latest version of game and Fanatec drivers. It has never worked for me. I just assumed it was not supported. Apparently it works for some people.

Perhaps VR related?
What are your system specs? How do you have your pedals connected? If through USB, USB2 or USB3 (should always be USB2 if possible)?

idem, No pedal rumble in game with my V3 ... and i have not VR ...
Do you have the Fanatec driver installed? Pedals connected through USB2 or USB3?

Pedal rumble works for me, Win10, Fanatec driver v312 and pedals connected through USB2.

EvenElectric
14-11-2018, 18:45
What are your system specs? How do you have your pedals connected? If through USB, USB2 or USB3 (should always be USB2 if possible)?

Do you have the Fanatec driver installed? Pedals connected through USB2 or USB3?

Pedal rumble works for me, Win10, Fanatec driver v312 and pedals connected through USB2.

Thanks for the reply. Yes using USB 2. Pedals directly connected to the wheelbase. System is i7-8700K, Asus 1080ti, 16 GB.

What is your Fanatec in-wheel ABS set to?

Sankyo
15-11-2018, 09:33
Thanks for the reply. Yes using USB 2. Pedals directly connected to the wheelbase. System is i7-8700K, Asus 1080ti, 16 GB.

What is your Fanatec in-wheel ABS set to?
I have my pedals connected through USB so ABS doesn't do anything anyway. However, if you enable ABS on the wheel you'll get 'fake' ABS based on how far you press the pedal so if you want the game to provide brake rumble this option should be OFF.

Are you also not getting throttle rumble if you spin the wheels under throttle? I know that on many cars getting the wheels to lock under braking is quite hard and therefore you won't get brake rumble very often. Wheel spin under throttle is much easier to get, and it definitely gives throttle rumble for me. It's a good way to check whether the game communicates with the pedals.

EvenElectric
17-11-2018, 23:15
Are you also not getting throttle rumble if you spin the wheels under throttle? I know that on many cars getting the wheels to lock under braking is quite hard and therefore you won't get brake rumble very often. Wheel spin under throttle is much easier to get, and it definitely gives throttle rumble for me. It's a good way to check whether the game communicates with the pedals.

Confirmed! I am feeling throttle rumble when spinning the wheels. It's very subtle, but it's there. Thanks for the help.

Franco Ferrari
19-11-2018, 08:14
Confirmed! I am feeling throttle rumble when spinning the wheels. It's very subtle, but it's there. Thanks for the help.

A quick hint.
Mounting the rumble motors upside down (with the rotors pointing up) makes the rumble stronger, because doing so it increases the length of the torque lever.

Sankyo
23-11-2018, 12:33
A quick hint.
Mounting the rumble motors upside down (with the rotors pointing up) makes the rumble stronger, because doing so it increases the length of the torque lever.
Good that you say that, forgot about that one. I did this long ago myself on my CSP v3.