PDA

View Full Version : weird issue: arm/hand animations reset while driving

shiftee
23-09-2017, 22:20
While driving, usually after coming out of a turn and into the straight I notice the hand animations on the wheel will just jump to center position with no transition. Its very distracting, I know can I turn off the in-game wheel and remove it but I prefer them on.

Anyone know what might cause this? I have a suspicion it might me tied to my actual wheel - as I noticed it started having a floating center point after larger turns and coming back to center - like 5-12 degrees off and usually works itself out shortly thereafter. Its an old Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel...hope I don't need a new one. only started happening with Pcars 2, never had the problem with Pcars 1 which I was playing up til about a month ago.

Gopher04
10-10-2017, 16:02
It use to exist in Pcars 1 as well.

satco1066
10-10-2017, 17:27
is it with every car or just specific models ?

shiftee
11-10-2017, 15:42
just wanted to update that this is most likely related to my wheel breaking down. The code wheel sensor needs replacing, the center point moving around was probably resetting the animations to center in a jarring fashion. I ordered a replacement sensor from Fanatec, but I now have the itch to upgrade to v2.5 anyway...