PDA

View Full Version : You can't see duration of the upcoming race and the weather conditions in online mode

Renoldo1990
23-09-2017, 22:43
At the moment there is no possibility to see the duration of races (How many laps/time) and which weather conditions are set for the races in Online-Mode.
You can see it in the Lobby before (!) the race-weekend, but not when you are at the track already.

We drove 1h training at Bathurst today. Afterwards the race was scheduled and nobody had quite a clue how many laps are scheduled.
There should be an possibility to see how long upcoming races are and how the forecast for weather is when you are at the race track in Online Mode.

It is tough to memorize all the different settings for Training, Quali and Race.

For example when you have Training, Quali and Race you have to memorize about 20 different things I guess.

1.) Start Time Training
2.) Time-Progression Training
3.) Weather-Slots Training
4.) Weather Slot 1
5.) Weather Slot 2
6.) Weather Slot 3
7.) Weather Slot 4
8.) Start Time Quali
9.) Weather-Slots Quali
10.) Duration Quali
11.) Weather Slot 1 Quali
12.) Weather Slot 2 Quali

etc. etc.

There should just be an possibility to see all these settings when you are at the box in online mode. It is essential.
I hosted a race for my Online-League today and i had to answer Questions every few seconds.

"How many Laps"
"What weather"
"What time does the Race-Start"
"What Time-Progression? - Will it get dark?"

I kindly ask for this feature.

Pink_650S
24-09-2017, 00:15
Very good suggestion. I was worried about this myself.
And can we please have a feature for the lobby to agree to skip the remaining time after the session has ended? Its a chore to sit there and wait for the timer to end.

Twitch_6
24-09-2017, 05:33
+1

We need all this information, along with a rough calculation of how many laps we get out of the current fuel load.

FlyinJake
24-09-2017, 08:41
At the moment there is no possibility to see the duration of races (How many laps/time) and which weather conditions are set for the races in Online-Mode.
You can see it in the Lobby before (!) the race-weekend, but not when you are at the track already.

We drove 1h training at Bathurst today. Afterwards the race was scheduled and nobody had quite a clue how many laps are scheduled.
There should be an possibility to see how long upcoming races are and how the forecast for weather is when you are at the race track in Online Mode.

It is tough to memorize all the different settings for Training, Quali and Race.

For example when you have Training, Quali and Race you have to memorize about 20 different things I guess.

1.) Start Time Training
2.) Time-Progression Training
3.) Weather-Slots Training
4.) Weather Slot 1
5.) Weather Slot 2
6.) Weather Slot 3
7.) Weather Slot 4
8.) Start Time Quali
9.) Weather-Slots Quali
10.) Duration Quali
11.) Weather Slot 1 Quali
12.) Weather Slot 2 Quali

etc. etc.

There should just be an possibility to see all these settings when you are at the box in online mode. It is essential.
I hosted a race for my Online-League today and i had to answer Questions every few seconds.

"How many Laps"
"What weather"
"What time does the Race-Start"
"What Time-Progression? - Will it get dark?"

I kindly ask for this feature.

How about being able to access the information via the in-car management? Then it could show on screen or be told by the race engineer or both.

MuellerMichael
25-09-2017, 12:56
It would be good if these information can be ssen in, or additional to the track graphic when you are in the box.

Djuvinile
25-09-2017, 13:43
agree +1

twotonetommy
25-09-2017, 17:58
I agree, please add this. Race and weather information helps in practice and quali when setting up.

Aizcold
25-09-2017, 18:07
It's funny, because all of this information was available in the lobby screen in Project CARS 1. I too would like to see it come back. Plenty of room on the top of the screen to display the number of laps and so on.

RacedriverTim
25-09-2017, 18:18
How about being able to access the information via the in-car management? Then it could show on screen or be told by the race engineer or both.

That is a nice idea indeed. It should be like in the latest F1 game, who you can ask your spotter (even via voice) "how's the weather?", "where is my rival" (although competitive online championships doesn't work quite yet). Another way to solve this would be a "PCARS2 Dash App" which all the information would be included. Same here: UDP not working yet)
Eventually, that's a recommendation to the enhancements of the TC (Topic creator) ;) Good day.