PDA

View Full Version : This is to help you guys with your T300 setup + feedback

xtro
23-09-2017, 23:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDTLsUxxSRM&t=2s

This is a quick guide I created after finding a near perfect setup that I am starting to loooove.. basically:

- Informative + 100 Gain + Low Volume

I must admit I hated the game for the first few hours before I found this setup and before I thought about mapping the SC and TC buttons to my wheel... to de-activate them

I am very impressed with the game now that I am feeling confident enough with the wheel to slide in the rain. Thank you so much to SMS for bringing us this gem. Please please keep making it better and better for at least 5 years :p

Overall it is a fantastic game. I'll just focus on the issues because everyone has already praised what needs to be praised.

A few issues I noticed so far

- Sound quality is a bit low on PS4
- Sound lower from the external views
- Mutiplayer it is impossible to join a session already started but in Qualif or Practice
- MP impossible to create an open Track Day type of lobby
- MP impossible to know if people are waiting in a lobby or already in a game
- MP quite a bit of screen freeze
- MP sessions appears empty when you leave a session and try to refresh
- Extremely laggy UI after leaving MP session
- Visual Damage not resetting when you reset a session
- AI too strong in Qualification & Custom Races compared to Career Races
- AI overall could use some more work
- No tyre marks and drying lane in the rain ??

spacepadrille
24-09-2017, 07:40
Thanks

You said "immersion + 100 gain + low volume", but in the video the flavour is set to "informative".

chig88
24-09-2017, 09:24
I'm yet to buy the game, but I understand the FFB settings can no longer be set for each individual car (as in PCARS 1).

Is that correct? If so, do you find yourself having to change the FFB every time you switch to a new car, or does the master setting work well for every car?

Jbpd
24-09-2017, 10:44
You are correct just one master setting I've only used 4-5 cars so far whilst setting up wheel and seems fairly consistent

PS4 t300rs
Using informative
gain 50
Volume 33
Tone 50
Fx 50

MYSTYKRACER
24-09-2017, 11:08
I've been having a tough time w/ my T300 on PS4 so I'll give this a try.

Btw, I notice you have "Menu Spring Strenghth" set to "0.00"? Can anyone explain what this is??? I thought it was pretty odd there was no explanation for this when you have it highlighted unlike the other sliders? Mine was defaulted to "0.40" and I've left it alone since I can't tell what it's supposed to do?

Sum Dixon-Ear
24-09-2017, 11:49
Menu Spring Strength is just a setting to vary the amount of resistance/centre spring applied to the FFB motor while in the menus.

MYSTYKRACER
24-09-2017, 12:35
Menu Spring Strength is just a setting to vary the amount of resistance/centre spring applied to the FFB motor while in the menus.

OH! Well that's easy enough! Thanks!!!

hkraft300
24-09-2017, 13:17
... does the master setting work well for every car?

You maybe have to adjust the GAIN, depending on your wheel.
More Gain in road cars/GT4 (for more ffb strength), less gain in high Aero prototypes and open wheel cars (to avoid clipping).

xtro
24-09-2017, 14:34
Apologies.. I meant "informative".. Fixed in the OP

xtro
24-09-2017, 14:36
Yes also if you have 2 free buttons you can Map FFB volume to you wheel. So you can easily adjust it while driving

BreadedVirus
24-09-2017, 23:19
You are correct just one master setting I've only used 4-5 cars so far whilst setting up wheel and seems fairly consistent

PS4 t300rs
Using informative
gain 50
Volume 33
Tone 50
Fx 50

Any chance these settings would work with the T150?

DeviousDoley
25-09-2017, 15:22
m running a new t300rs and find the feedback weak on pj2, as soon as the tyres warm up it goes to light and lacks feel and feedback can’t even feel kerbs, currently on informative and default. When tyres are cold it’s fine bit heavy but add temperature and it’s extremely light, you can one hand most of the cars, and the Indy car tyres must be filled with helium any suggestions are the devs listening ��

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 16:39
m running a new t300rs and find the feedback weak on pj2, as soon as the tyres warm up it goes to light and lacks feel and feedback can’t even feel kerbs, currently on informative and default. When tyres are cold it’s fine bit heavy but add temperature and it’s extremely light, you can one hand most of the cars, and the Indy car tyres must be filled with helium any suggestions are the devs listening ��

Of course they are.

Zalex
25-09-2017, 23:34
Yes also if you have 2 free buttons you can Map FFB volume to you wheel. So you can easily adjust it while driving

I will when devs will put back compatibility to usb hid devices like keypads and button boxes ! ;)

Will get back access to 38 buttons at once on my PS4 for PC2.
For now i get to deal with what's on my wheel... meh ! :(

xtro
26-09-2017, 00:12
I will when devs will put back compatibility to usb hid devices like keypads and button boxes ! ;)

Will get back access to 38 buttons at once on my PS4 for PC2.
For now i get to deal with what's on my wheel... meh ! :(

Haha I know... I was hoping to use my wireless keyboard No luck

RaceFace85
26-09-2017, 11:57
This FFB setup feels very good:

There is a problem that the FFB setup is not applied after starting the game. You have to go to the FFB setup menu to apply the settings.

Zenzic
26-09-2017, 12:15
Wow, is that on T300? With those settings I'd have a hard time turning the wheel without moving my table. :D

RaceFace85
26-09-2017, 12:41
Wow, is that on T300? With those settings I'd have a hard time turning the wheel without moving my table. :D

Yes it is on T300RS. It is super smooth. I am sure that you had the "gain" much higher. Set all sliders in the same position. I am sure you will be happy.

thegt500
26-09-2017, 13:58

LOL, my first attempt when I loaded the game was a McLaren at Long beach. First corner I hit the wall and my T300 nearly broke my thumb and dislocated my shoulder with the kick back on the default settings.

Maciej619
26-09-2017, 14:13
LOL, my first attempt when I loaded the game was a McLaren at Long beach. First corner I hit the wall and my T300 nearly broke my thumb and dislocated my shoulder with the kick back on the default settings.

Haha, my t500rs took me in a headlock and threw me from balcony. Talking about immersive.

DeviousDoley
26-09-2017, 16:28
I’m running informative 90-50-50-fx-70 and damper saturation on 10 feels better holds weight during a race not going all light. Ps4 however still can’t feel kerbs if it weren’t for sound you wouldn’t no they are there.

sigurd
27-09-2017, 00:42
Would be great if the devs would just give us a preset to mimic whatever jack spades tweak files are doing for the PC guys. Is seems it's regarded as amazing by practically everyone.

MYSTYKRACER
27-09-2017, 01:41
Would be great if the devs would just give us a preset to mimic whatever jack spades tweak files are doing for the PC guys. Is seems it's regarded as amazing by practically everyone.

I have a feeling there's a bit more going on "under the hood" that can't be fixed w/ just manipulating the sliders w/ a preset. I would guess that what ever magic is in the Jack Spade tweak files will find itself into the much anticipated patch.

slowGamer
27-09-2017, 02:56
I’m running informative 90-50-50-fx-70 and damper saturation on 10 feels better holds weight during a race not going all light. Ps4 however still can’t feel kerbs if it weren’t for sound you wouldn’t no they are there.

Is 'damper saturation' a PC only FFB setting?

DeviousDoley
27-09-2017, 11:07
It’s under configuration but I think it should be on the ffb page as it directly effects the wheel-note to Devs

hkraft300
29-09-2017, 13:33
Is 'damper saturation' a PC only FFB setting?

No. It's on PS4 in controller configuration settings (under steering/brake/throttle deadzone and sensitivity).

xtro
29-09-2017, 16:34
Since my OP I've changed things a bit in my config

Something very important was to lower the FX slider which allows to up back the volume. I can get much smoother rotation while keeping bumps information.. as before bumps would just stop my wheel rotation... Very noticeable in long high speed corners

Raw

Gain 100
Volume 26-30
FX 35
Tone 50

Speed sensitivity 35
Damper saturation 50
And wheel rotation I kept that at 50... 1:1

Jbpd
29-09-2017, 18:45
Currently rocking on t300 rs on ps4
Speed sentivity 5
Damper sat 0

Raw
Gain 55
Volume 40
Tone 45
Fx 65

JonnyMoondog
29-09-2017, 22:41
Since my OP I've changed things a bit in my config

Something very important was to lower the FX slider which allows to up back the volume. I can get much smoother rotation while keeping bumps information.. as before bumps would just stop my wheel rotation... Very noticeable in long high speed corners

Raw

Gain 100
Volume 26-30
FX 35
Tone 50

Speed sensitivity 35
Damper saturation 50
And wheel rotation I kept that at 50... 1:1

Just tried this setting and I like it with the few cars I tried. I check out most settings to see what suits me best and so far this one is it. Thanks for posting!