PDA

View Full Version : Different Controller Profiles Setup

dirtwave
24-09-2017, 00:07
Is there anyway to setup different controller profiles and button assignments for race types like rally cross and and different one for road courses etc.

Also a way to setup different driver profiles so my grandson can have his own setup with less force feedback etc. without changing it globally for every race type and driver? Can't see a way to have quick races in different driver profiles or controller settings... looks like everything but that?

kparkin
24-09-2017, 11:57
I would like to know this also as I use a dedicated Formula wheel for single seat cars and regular wheel for others.

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 13:41
Not in game, no. You could manually do it by copying and saving the controller config files for each wheel configuration.

kparkin
24-09-2017, 15:44
Not in game, no. You could manually do it by copying and saving the controller config files for each wheel configuration.

Thanks, better than nothing. Any idea where the config file is located, I can't find it?

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 15:48
It's in yourDocuments/ProjectCars2

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 16:24
I haven't tested this with the release version, so YMMV. During development, the default controller profiles were separate (i.e. if you configured an Xbox controller and then a Thrustmaster wheel, you could change between the two and your config stayed). If that still works, you could use two similar default profiles or one which matches your wheel and the other "Custom" and change between the two.

kparkin
25-09-2017, 15:16
Can't find controller config file anywhere. Does it have some obscure name?
I tried modifying stock wheel controller configurations, but I'm not sure what is written into them.

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 15:50
Can't find controller config file anywhere. Does it have some obscure name?
I tried modifying stock wheel controller configurations, but I'm not sure what is written into them.

Check under:

Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\#######\project cars 2\profiles

kparkin
30-09-2017, 08:24
Ok, I found the files, but there is not a lot you can do with them.
I have an Accuforce wheel, so no profile. I can set a Custom profile without problem, but creating a different profile is an issue.
I have tried using a Thrustmaster profile and editing it, but it is lost on restart.
I have also tried Legacy which as no assignments, but the same happens.

Why can't we have multiple nameable custom profiles, surely it can't be that difficult to implement.
It really should have been there from the beginning, as most other simulators have this ability.

YoMopho
15-04-2018, 17:52
Yea I would like to have this feature as well. I want to use a 599TX wheel for some cars and the Ferrari F1 wheel for other cars on my Thrustmaster TX. It would be great if we could save wheel profiles like in AC.

Jester69
24-04-2018, 19:41
Yea I would like to have this feature as well. I want to use a 599TX wheel for some cars and the Ferrari F1 wheel for other cars on my Thrustmaster TX. It would be great if we could save wheel profiles like in AC.

Hi all.
I switch between rims on my T300. To get around the setup issue, I have written a .BAT file that copies profile files from a backup folder to PC2 profile folder then starts PC2. It then waits for a keypress and copies profile back to backup folder so any changes are saved for next time.

I have a separate BAT file for each rim and just launched file for the relevant rim.

If anyone wants the BAT example I can post it when back on pc.

Rockislandman
16-06-2018, 21:01
Hello,

Could you please send me the BAT file. I would like to use it as the basis for my CSW rims. Thanks in advance.