PDA

View Full Version : 36 hours later...

Prosim
24-09-2017, 02:26
I've been playing PC2 for the last couple of days and I've got some frustrations...

Firstly, why are stock setups so bad? It's frustrating because I can't jump on and do a quick race with a car I haven't driven, I have to spend 30 minutes or more on setups.

This leads to my second frustration...

I'm am already sick of spending time setting up cars... I'm not a mechanic, I'm a imaginary professional race driver! The engineer setup is basic and is very limited, not much help if you want a good setup.
I thought I'd never say this but I see myself getting bored with PC2 quickly and buying GT Sport that supports PSVR

Kaliber
24-09-2017, 03:00
after the first couple hours where I had to relearn the handling I honestly have had no issue jumping in and out of cars and being able to drive them fast after a only couple laps. Haven't really touched a single set up yet.

Not to sound like a dick but you sure its not more your driving style that's causing the problems?

Prosim
24-09-2017, 06:03
Yeah, you sound like a dick %100.

I probably have been playing Sims for longer than you've been alive Dick! So keep your delusional reality to your self. Thanks

FlyinJake
24-09-2017, 08:38
I've been playing PC2 for the last couple of days and I've got some frustrations...

Firstly, why are stock setups so bad? It's frustrating because I can't jump on and do a quick race with a car I haven't driven, I have to spend 30 minutes or more on setups.

I'm am already sick of spending time setting up cars... I'm not a mechanic, I'm a imaginary professional race driver! The engineer setup is basic and is very limited, not much help if you want a good setup.
I thought I'd never say this but I see myself getting bored with PC2 quickly and buying GT Sport that supports PSVR
Handling and force feedback is so good in this game and much better than Project CARS 1. The game has lot of issues with graphics on the original PS4 but handling is much more like real life. I drive the Ferrari 488 GT3 and just changed at little on the suspension with the race engineer and now the car is very good.

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 08:43

I probably have been playing Sims for longer than you've been alive Dick! So keep your delusional reality to your self. Thanks

Not this Way! Watch your Language.

We respect each other here, and dont Insult other Members.

Kaliber
25-09-2017, 18:04

lol, I really doubt that. Unless you were playing them on a Commodore 64.

I have been playing racing sims for a couple decades, including a couple hundred hours in PC1, and I had massive problems just trying to get a lap in on PC2 when I first got it. It was not until I learned the handling model and changed my driving style that the game all came together for me. If you are spending 30 minutes tweaking a car set up before you can drive it well then the problem is probably not the car.

But yeah, you're right. Never mind all those other people who can drive them just fine with a stock setup. Its clearly the game, not you. :rolleyes:

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 18:20

You'll need to be more specific to identify what the problem is. What car(s), what track(s), what problem(s) do you have with the car(s), what controller?

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 18:29
They buy a big boy game and all the do is cry hmm. Weeding them out sms yes!! lol
No need for this please.

jope
25-09-2017, 18:36
Well after 72 hours my game is completely unplayable, menus/submenus are freezing from 10 seconds to 5minutes. Intro video lags for minute or so, after that main menu where GTR appears takes usually another minute, after that going to career page it loads for another minute. And so on, really frustrating in these 3 days I've managed to finish 3. THREE races and thats it, I love how the cars handle imo improved a lot from pc1, but Im really upset that I cannot play it at all. I have tried unistalling the game 3 times everytime it goed good for like 1 hour after that, lag lag lag..... Yeah well, guess ill have to sit back and play pc1 for the time that this gets some fixes, its somehow related to career profiles and setups, ghosts etc, too much stuff to process for career profiles it started to freeze since i had two of them, and after i deleted one it worked quite well for sometime. I just dont have the words for how disapponted I am, great game, great content, but you just cant play it. Well played satan, well played... :D

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 18:43
Well after 72 hours my game is completely unplayable, menus/submenus are freezing from 10 seconds to 5minutes. Intro video lags for minute or so, after that main menu where GTR appears takes usually another minute, after that going to career page it loads for another minute. And so on, really frustrating in these 3 days I've managed to finish 3. THREE races and thats it, I love how the cars handle imo improved a lot from pc1, but Im really upset that I cannot play it at all. I have tried unistalling the game 3 times everytime it goed good for like 1 hour after that, lag lag lag..... Yeah well, guess ill have to sit back and play pc1 for the time that this gets some fixes, its somehow related to career profiles and setups, ghosts etc, too much stuff to process for career profiles it started to freeze since i had two of them, and after i deleted one it worked quite well for sometime. I just dont have the words for how disapponted I am, great game, great content, but you just cant play it. Well played satan, well played... :D

Are you on PS4 Pro?

Death Proof
25-09-2017, 18:47
I'm glad I decided to rent Pcars2 first. I am on the fence between it and GT Sport. Pcars2 has the content I want, but it has to work first and foremost. If SMS patches up the details on the PS4 I'll bite. However I have no doubt that GT Sport will do what it does excellently.

I also play DCS world so I understand what a complex machine a sim is, but when it comes down to it I would rather have 10 features that work completely rather over 100 incomplete ones.

May the patches cometh!:D

gotdirt410sprintcar
25-09-2017, 18:50
I deleted that. I think if your not letting game complete its download before playing your probably going to have problems. I let mine complete its download and I have not had any problems... A few little issues but nothing big on my side. No YouTube no nothing is what I did

Madwak55
25-09-2017, 19:11
[QUOTE=gotdirt410sprintcar;1366534]I deleted that. I think if your not letting game complete its download before playing your probably going to have problems. I let mine complete its download and I have not had any problems... A few little

I let mine fully download on my PS4 pro before playing and I've had no problems playing it since release.............until now,
All of a sudden I've started getting all the freezing problems that people are complaining about...grrrr.
Having read through this thread I noticed somebody mentioned about multiple career mode saves and I've now realised that I started a second career earlier so it's probably odds on that it what is causing it?

Edit - deleted my first career and the lag has disappeared :-)

gotdirt410sprintcar
25-09-2017, 19:18
Could be I only got one career not a issue yet

Tjeerd
25-09-2017, 22:38
Some cars are very far from realistic. In the caterham 620 r you can drive of full throttle without wheelspin. I have driven this car in real live, i can tell you, if you do this in real live you make a burnout until the 3 gear. The car has 310 bhp and 500 kg, in the game it feels more like 80 bhp.

loslogo
25-09-2017, 23:09
Agreed project lag

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 23:13
Some cars are very far from realistic. In the caterham 620 r you can drive of full throttle without wheelspin. I have driven this car in real live, i can tell you, if you do this in real live you make a burnout until the 3 gear. The car has 310 bhp and 500 kg, in the game it feels more like 80 bhp.

I've just tested this with normal tyres and it's spinning merrily... Are you running slicks?

bmanic
26-09-2017, 00:06

Guess you didn't load up the OEM setup and the ordinary tires. Spins up fine in 3rd gear still if you dump the clutch from start and go up the gears... or just get some slip in any corner. Guess you were running on the track tires (aka slick).

EDIT: duh.. ninja'd by the boss.

jope
26-09-2017, 01:54
Are you on PS4 Pro?

Normal 500gb