PDA

View Full Version : Bugs i found so far

MISTER WU
24-09-2017, 04:04
Everything seems to run fine but here is a small list of things i have found so far.
1. When viewing someone race the gears always show N instead of what gear they are in on the car dash.
2. Playing online with a few people yesterday i noticed that when i have Display Players names on or set to multiple only i dont see any names on anyone car and every few seconds i see all the players names (With out the car) scroll really fast across the screen and sometimes you drive through them, note this is in parts of the track that dont exist and it doesnt happen when displaying names = false.
3. Every time i hit ESC key and then Resume (After a race and exit pits after making changes) you always default to bonnet view and not cockpit view (I tried to find if there was a default view). Every time you leave the pits on the same track it doesnt use your last known view either like pcars 1 did.
4. I find the tyre noises just a little too loud and they screech just a bit too loud.
5. Cant use any super sampling what so ever and if i do i load the track, see the HUD but get a black background and cant see the car but i can hear the car driving and see it on the HUD map.
6. This could be a ME issue but i used to run 900% rotation and that always felt good, with pcars2 i dropped that to 720 to get the same feel.
7. get really bad screen lag or pauses again and ik believe its when people join or leave a race online but it can happen just turning into some corners.

I cant remember the other ones i found but will edit this when i do, besides that its been fun so far.

hugopro4
24-09-2017, 09:26
8. In VR the HUD switches from 50cm projected to 2m projected randomly, you can fix it by going into HUD preferences and hit save.
8.1 In VR the Vignette effect on the HUD in spectate mode is really annoying.

Attackmack
24-09-2017, 09:33
09. VR HUD Minimal leaderboard doesn't show correct positioning, stuck at 99/99.
10. Keybind for HUD Lap timer doesn't respond well, requires entire HUD change to show its own change.
11. If loading a car setting without saving it, the setting seem to revert back to the default "loose".

hkraft300
24-09-2017, 09:51
4. I find the tyre noises just a little too loud and they screech just a bit too loud.

In the audio settings there is tire noise. Reduce it.
Problem solved.

honespc
24-09-2017, 10:20
12- This one bug can ruin your day at any time and never gets fixed. When you navigate through menus with the mouse in order to do it quickly, if you are using a wheel, a controller or any other device, then sometimes you have to alt-tab and hard reset the game because you can no longer navigate through menus, neither with the mouse or keyboard nor with your wheel or controller.

Will this bug ever be fixed?, was in pc1 as well, and this one has ruined so many moments moments/online sessions.

ludo971
24-09-2017, 10:34
13 - With oculus rift, when i watch a replay in "cinematic mode", camera stay on the pitlane, it didnt follow the car (sorry for my poor english:redface-new:)

MagusUK
24-09-2017, 11:07
14. [career] Knockhill International - you get invalidated laps at certain points on the track for no reason whatsoever
15. [career] In qualification when you enter pits it shows other drivers as out on track but their lap times do not change and when you view them, they are all are pitted
16. [career] skip qualification and AI lap times improve
17. [career] AI difficulty levelling is not standard across disciplines or track.
18. [vr] random flashes in HMD that also show up on the monitor screen (not lightening but happens for a few milli-seconds and at times seem like an image as at first I thought it was a tracking issue but now I'm convinced it is not)
19. [audio/career] pit radio giving incorrect/inaccurate information to pit in

Attackmack
24-09-2017, 11:41
18. [vr] random flashes in HMD that also show up on the monitor screen (not lightening but happens for a few milli-seconds and at times seem like an image as at first I thought it was a tracking issue but now I'm convinced it is not)

Just want to confirm that I too have the random flashing of...something...Hoepfully not Samara :O
But seriously, its like its flashing a white screeen for a frame or few and thats it. Happens now and then, havent noticed a pattern.

bytecruncher26
24-09-2017, 12:46
Some Friends having this Problem

The Texture not Loading in Online Lobby

pkcraistlin
24-09-2017, 12:55
19. you can move the seating position as far as you want (like into the driver's crotch if that's your thing).
20. minimal leaderboard HUD only ever shows 99/99.

Morgan Henstridge
24-09-2017, 13:28
19. you can move the seating position as far as you want (like into the driver's crotch if that's your thing).
20. minimal leaderboard HUD only ever shows 99/99.

#20 is already reported above as #09.

As for moving the seat position, People complained it was too restrictive in PCARS 1 so this was freed up to allow you to move it more.

Not sure why you think this is an "issue", because you don't have to move the seat that far, but if you want to, now you can.

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 13:30
Folks, the mods will (and are) collect feedback in groups. If you have an issue, post in a separate thread with an appropriate title for the issue. It also helps others if they search for the same issue.

pkcraistlin
24-09-2017, 13:44
#20 is already reported above as #09.

As for moving the seat position, People complained it was too restrictive in PCARS 1 so this was freed up to allow you to move it more.

Not sure why you think this is an "issue", because you don't have to move the seat that far, but if you want to, now you can.

well, sorry for trying to be helpful, dog-fellator.

F1_Racer68
24-09-2017, 15:47
Everything seems to run fine but here is a small list of things i have found so far.
1. When viewing someone race the gears always show N instead of what gear they are in on the car dash.

That's probably not a bug. Just like in pCARS1, there are certain telemetry items that you cannot see when watching someone else in order to prevent you from "learning" anything about their setup/driving technique.

As in real life, teams do not share date/telemetry/driver notes with other teams. Some don't even share wihtin the same team. ;)

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 16:28
1. Is not a bug
2. This has been reported (seems to be Triple Screen related)
3. This has been reported, and it might be related to multiplayer
4. Adjust this yourself in the sound options
5. This is known for Triple Screen
7. This will always be the case with peer-to-peer servers. It will be much reduced (if even noticeable) using dedicated servers

ELAhrairah
24-09-2017, 19:03

Sorry Mahjik so I did not know this and have the same: supersampling for triple screen 5760x1080 cannot work? Just to be sure.

MISTER WU
24-09-2017, 19:25
1. Is not a bug
2. This has been reported (seems to be Triple Screen related)
3. This has been reported, and it might be related to multiplayer
4. Adjust this yourself in the sound options
7. This will always be the case with peer-to-peer servers. It will be much reduced (if even noticeable) using dedicated servers

1. Used to work in pcars1 when watching them, im talking GT3 cars with electronic dash here.
2. Thanks hope it gets fixed, disabling names fixes it.
3. Thanks hope it gets fixed.
4. already adjusted, just thought by default it was way to loud for cockpit view. 70% is about what i think it should be.
5. good to know its just for triples and high resolution, hope it gets fixed.
7. Not much can be done then so be it.

Cheers, this has been a better release so far and i believe sms has learn t from its mistakes hey.

azynkron
25-09-2017, 11:09
[QUOTE=MagusUK;1362758]14. [career] Knockhill International - you get invalidated laps at certain points on the track for no reason whatsoever

That one is for plenty of tracks. For me it's either of two reasons:
1. Lock up your breaks in T1 (this one is really ridiculous and how that passed QA is beyond my comprehension.)
2. Go outside the lines within the last 10% or the lap or so invalidates the next lap. This doesn't have to be in the last corner (which could make some kind of sense).

F2kSel
25-09-2017, 13:38
21. after loading new set up (sometimes) cockpit view becomes bumper view.
22. excessive tire smoke when cornering at high speed, only effects player and has no effect on tire temp and wear.

fquick
25-09-2017, 13:46
Just want to confirm that I too have the random flashing of...something...Hoepfully not Samara :O
But seriously, its like its flashing a white screeen for a frame or few and thats it. Happens now and then, havent noticed a pattern.
They did confirm they fixed this internally so it should roll out soon to us.

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 15:38
Folks, the mods will (and are) collect feedback in groups. If you have an issue, post in a separate thread with an appropriate title for the issue. It also helps others if they search for the same issue.

Ok, since people can't read the comments in the thread about how to report bugs, I'm closing this since we've already responded to the original poster.