PDA

View Full Version : Rain is undrivable

NemesisRacing
24-09-2017, 06:56
Not sure if im the only person to have this issue but im finding the wet races impossible to drive. Cars aqua planes everywhere. No wet weather tyre option. The AI is not affected. No problem with grip or traction.

any advice

nissan4ever
24-09-2017, 07:22
Not sure if im the only person to have this issue but im finding the wet races impossible to drive. Cars aqua planes everywhere. No wet weather tyre option. The AI is not affected. No problem with grip or traction.

any advice

I've raced in the rain on PC2. By default, tires are set to auto. When I've done a couple of races in the rain. My cars did have wet tires on them. I didn't have any problem driving in the rain. Had to adjust my approach to turns due to weather. All good to me with what I've experienced.

NemesisRacing
24-09-2017, 07:39
I've raced in the rain on PC2. By default, tires are set to auto. When I've done a couple of races in the rain. My cars did have wet tires on them. I didn't have any problem driving in the rain. Had to adjust my approach to turns due to weather. All good to me with what I've experienced.

Its not the race cars that are the problem its the road cars. They dont have a wet tyre option. my options have been track, all-terrain, summer, winter and ice. none have helped

nissan4ever
24-09-2017, 07:59
Oh, I've only driven LMP1, GT3 & Formula Rookie. Good to know that.

BCFCBristolRed
24-09-2017, 08:12
Yeah I gave a road car a go in the rain and found it harder to drive than the GT3 & LMP1 Cars I drove in the same conditions, even at relatively slow speeds it didn’t feel right.

Trippul G
24-09-2017, 14:35
Tried doing an invitational event at Snetterton in the KTM X-BOW.Conditions were rain and fog. Assists set to Authentic. Car felt undriveable...I was all over the place. I would start to lose the back end under acceleration, even on a straight...no way I could be competitive.

Same car feels great in the dry. Other cars I've tested in the wet (formula rookie, Ligier Honda LMP2, the 488 GT3) feel fine and just as I would expect...a little bit tricky, but predictable and very manageable. Not so with the x-bow. Not even close.

I understand that road cars have less grip due to road tires vs. wet racing tires, but this feels excessive.

PervasiveFall8
24-09-2017, 20:55
I was also frustrated by Xbow on invitational.- the community event at Sugo also demonstrates road car wet issues although that one was a lot more about throttle control - the cars feel so light no weight to the car and it's very hard to determine what do with it

The xbow one didn't like hard decel or accel. It was just a mess I ran it a number of times trying changes in setups and then just quit out and went on to something else out of frustration.

sbtm
24-09-2017, 21:13
rain tires for race cars are vastly different from road cars tires (as are the racing slicks).. you cannot really compare them. A racing tire is made for high grip, has very soft compound compared to roadcar tires, the rain tires from racing cars are more like chewing gum!!

So racing tires for rain (maximum water displacement, very very soft) plus the race car's downforce makes it very stable in the rain. When you drive a roadcar at only half these speeds you struggle in every corner and while accelerating with only a bit too much power.

Please don't compare apples to pears... two completely different tires and completely different types of cars built for completely different purposes, equipped with two completely different types of tires....

did I mention that they are completely different? :-D

Trippul G
24-09-2017, 21:42
rain tires for race cars are vastly different from road cars tires (as are the racing slicks).. you cannot really compare them. A racing tire is made for high grip, has very soft compound compared to roadcar tires, the rain tires from racing cars are more like chewing gum!!

So racing tires for rain (maximum water displacement, very very soft) plus the race car's downforce makes it very stable in the rain. When you drive a roadcar at only half these speeds you struggle in every corner and while accelerating with only a bit too much power.

Please don't compare apples to pears... two completely different tires and completely different types of cars built for completely different purposes, equipped with two completely different types of tires....

As I mentioned, I totally understand all of that. I understand that it should be difficult to drive on road tires in the rain. My issue is with the degree of just how difficult doing that is. It doesn't feel right. To make matters worse, the AI don't seem to be affected by puddles and poor conditions, and sail on past me like they're cruising the California Highway in summertime.

NemesisRacing
24-09-2017, 23:31
After PC1's handling characteristics i fully expected PC2 to have improved this. I know that road cars an race cars react differently in the rain. A race car will always have more grip. It took me 40 minutes to do the invatational with the Xbow at Snetterton as i couldnt accelerate on the main straight. I was stuck doing about 80mph. 4th, 5th and 6th gears so short they were useless. Aquaplaning everywhere. I tried for an hour to do the invatational with the XJ220 at silverstone and could not make a dent in the setup of the car. Long straight and no acceleration. Aquaplaning everywhere. Rage quit more than once. The AI makes the apex every time whilst i slide to the outside due to standing water. This is all compounded by the fact that the AI is not affected by the rain. I loose traction over standing water. The AI sails over the same spot and behaves as though the track is bone dry. Quite frankly its infuriating.

Werdpc
25-09-2017, 05:56

It's not just on the street cars. I used the ginetta gt5 car with wets on Silverstone(the shortest version) just now in the rain. It felt really good for about 7 laps then the puddles started to form and on the second straight it was impossible to control. Try it yourself if you dont believe me. I'm a racing game vet and I don't mind a challenge but this was just rediculous. Even at low speed and very little throttle I could not keep the car on the road. I even pit and put on extreme wet tires and still the same result. It is upsetting because it's really cool how the track changes as the race goes on but this extreme hydroplaning is not right. And to top it off like others have said, the AI isn't affected by it. If they don't fix this It will pretty much ruin the rain experience on this game which was one if the main features I was looking forward to. Maybe its not like this for every car but 2 times I've driven in rain, 2 diff tracks, 2 different cars, same result.

Other than that and the problem with the g920 wheel, which sounds like they are addressing already, I've really enjoyed the game. I hope they look into this rain issue.

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 06:34
Its not the race cars that are the problem its the road cars. They dont have a wet tyre option. my options have been track, all-terrain, summer, winter and ice. none have helped

Rain tyres are not available for road cars. For my own real-life car, rain tyres also don't exist :)

Chimildo
25-09-2017, 08:27
I tried the community event and couldn't even accelerate, does it have rain tyres on?

Psychomatrix
25-09-2017, 08:41
I don't know what I'm think of the puddles or should I call it seas :) the smaller puddles are not that issue but there 100m long puddles as wide as the track. Some times two close together.
So at one side I think it's a question of practice at the other side I think that even road tires have more grip in real.
I never been that brave to drive in real with such speed over such deep and big puddles ��
At the moment is see it more as a challenge. But I'm testing the most time.
Most important is that the AI drive then the same speed as I and not through the puddles as there where not there.

zedeeyen
25-09-2017, 09:01
I think this is broken, rather than user error or a lack of skill. Some of the wet events are fine while others are completely undrivable.

Psychomatrix
25-09-2017, 09:02
I tried now all terrain tires and have no problem to drive in the rain. It's better than the recommended tires I think. So I would say it's far away from undrivable

Moonmatrix1
07-11-2017, 01:22
Wet is definitely broken in some tracks/car combo's. Sometimes I can drive fine in the rain and other times it's worse than ice. Fuji is a good example of a track that can't be driven in GT3 in rain. It slides more than ice lol

JHONLEROLERO
07-11-2017, 09:33
Rain tyres are not available for road cars. For my own real-life car, rain tyres also don't exist :)

Try harder to help us here friend. The main problem is that we are not felling right the difficult to control some road cars on the rain. The difference between AI and ours is too big. I want you to try the race by invitation, on the career, super lights cars ( I think is that) and say to me if that is or isn't normal.

fishaac
07-11-2017, 10:16
It's not just on the street cars. I used the ginetta gt5 car with wets on Silverstone(the shortest version) just now in the rain. It felt really good for about 7 laps then the puddles started to form and on the second straight it was impossible to control. Try it yourself if you dont believe me. I'm a racing game vet and I don't mind a challenge but this was just rediculous. Even at low speed and very little throttle I could not keep the car on the road. I even pit and put on extreme wet tires and still the same result. It is upsetting because it's really cool how the track changes as the race goes on but this extreme hydroplaning is not right. And to top it off like others have said, the AI isn't affected by it. If they don't fix this It will pretty much ruin the rain experience on this game which was one if the main features I was looking forward to. Maybe its not like this for every car but 2 times I've driven in rain, 2 diff tracks, 2 different cars, same result.

Other than that and the problem with the g920 wheel, which sounds like they are addressing already, I've really enjoyed the game. I hope they look into this rain issue.

^true

SpiffyTheSeal
07-11-2017, 10:21
So I just did the Porsche Cayman International, Round 4 at Zolder. Around lap 5-6 (out of 12 laps total), rain starts and after a lap or two the whole track is saturated with water.

I had two main issues with Zolder in this championship initially, but both have now been worked around/solved:

- When rain started to fall, I pitted for wet tyres. I selected it using the DPAD menu (can't remember its actual name) and requested a pit stop. The pit crew were out, my car boxed, but they released me immediately without changing my tyres. I remained on hard slicks and of course, skidded into the pit exit barrier straight away, screwing my suspension and front aero. I'm not sure why this happened, but on restarting the race I changed my pit strategy to "Change all tyres", use "Wet" compounds and removed any "Recommended" setting that might have been there. Saved that pit strategy, selected it and raced again. When the rain fell, I boxed again and sure enough, I got four new wets. Woohoo! No skidding! I think what happened was because the forecast when I asked for the pit stop was "Overcast" not "Rain", the game thought "This guy doesn't need wets, its not wet yet - keep him on his hard slicks". I now have a backup "wet" pit strategy that I apply to every race, just in case it starts raining.

- The other issue was that the AI didn't pit at all, regardless of the weather. When the rain started they stayed out on track on their race start tyres, which I can only assume are hard slicks as they were putting in lap times akin to my own when I started the race. This happened every time I attempted this race and I had to put early and try very very hard to catch up to the pack to have the slightest of chances of not finishing last. This changed with whatever patch was released for XB1 in the past week - the AI now pit when the rain starts and levels the playing field much better.

Since figuring out the first and having the second point fixed, Zolder became one of my most enjoyable races. Feeling the car start to aquaplane when you're nursing it into the pits to change to wets is really fun and rewarding.

Dynomight Motorsports
07-11-2017, 10:40
Its also the same issue in GT5 Ginnetta. Car was literally undrivable in puddles on All Weather tires.GT3 wiil run no issues with Wets on.

Outlier
08-11-2017, 13:44
Its also the same issue in GT5 Ginnetta. Car was literally undrivable in puddles on All Weather tires.GT3 wiil run no issues with Wets on.

There are no wets for the Ginnetta GT5. I would think the all season tires would be the correct choice for light rain, but that race at Silverstone in career taught me otherwise. Turns out **edit** ALL TERRAIN tires are preferred for rain conditions for that class.

I initally thought there were two bugs here. First was that the tires were categorized wrong. (Slicks were being treated as soft slicks, all season being treated has hard slicks, and all terrain being treated as rain tires.) I don't know if this is what is happening but seems possible??

Second, I thought the puddles in light rain conditions were building way to fast and in fact much faster than in full rain conditions. But someone pointed out that time is accelerated in the campaign races where as my testing if full rain was in static conditions with no time acceleration which could easily explain why the puddles get so big in the Ginetta career race.

Regardless - use all terrain tires. at least for now.

pd555
11-11-2017, 01:41
I drove a wet race at Lemans for the first time. Nissan GTR GT3 with a Storm and wet tyres. I used a G920. Conditions were terrible as you'd expect and large puddles formed. Admittedly I've not had much practice but it was pretty much impossible to drive. There was massive aquaplaning in a straight line. I could just about make it round a lap slowly but what about the AI cars. Well, they'd long gone with no issues at all it seemed even in the same car

The wet weather races definitely needs to be looked at by the devs. I expect it to be hard to drive in the rain but not that hard and the AI should struggle too

milliotseb
11-11-2017, 05:25
I drove a wet race at Lemans for the first time. Nissan GTR GT3 with a Storm and wet tyres.

Was it a career race? Or a race you designed yourself? Maybe try with heavy/light rain for the time being.
Are you sure that wet tires were installed? How where tires temperatures?
maybe I will try le mans on the wet later today.

I expect it to be hard to drive in the rain but not that hard and the AI should struggle too
Usually, the AI are really slow in raining conditions (when player is using rain tires). Yesterday I won with more than a minute over 2nd (30 min race)

pd555
11-11-2017, 07:35
Was it a career race? Or a race you designed yourself? Maybe try with heavy/light rain for the time being.
Are you sure that wet tires were installed? How where tires temperatures?
maybe I will try le mans on the wet later today.

Usually, the AI are really slow in raining conditions (when player is using rain tires). Yesterday I won with more than a minute over 2nd (30 min race)

This was a race I designed myself. 3 weather slots. Cloudy > Rain > Storm. I chose Rain tyres and I'm pretty sure they Rain tyres. Temperatures were warm

Roger Prynne
11-11-2017, 08:13
It should be better in the next patch.

Mark Race
11-11-2017, 09:11
I agree there are issues in the rain with some car and track scenarios, the Huracan GT3 works well at Sakitto even through standing water but with the exact same weather and tyre settings the Bentley GT3 is wayward even on the straights and goes sideways at the sight of standing water. A couple of the invitational events have similar issues, I forget exactly which one but I think an early supercar with huge power was as good as undrivable through standing water at Silverstone.

However there are many scenarios when the wet condistions are great fun on both PC and Xbox One. I made this video to look at the then updated v1.3 AI. The AI here were set to 120% and 100% aggression and as you can see they are still a bit slow and cautious but other than the first corner bunching they race well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gPFC9v47U&t

Anyway I enjoy the rain effects and puddle in PCARS2, here in the UK wet tracks are more often than not the reality so they are essential for a racing game. I hope there are improvements to make the tracks and cars more consistent in the wet.

Roushman624
12-11-2017, 12:24
I can't use track day A in the rain due to no wet tyre option which I think they have in real life.

gspice1989
13-02-2018, 12:06
I tried the XJ220 invitational event last night and it was very difficult to control making it almost impossible to get close to any apexes let alone feel like i was driving the car. I initially had the tyres set o to automatic, which seemed to select "Track", but I did also try "All Terrain", which seemed about the same.

Are there any further changes planned for road cars in the wet? Or are there any setup tips to help?

Race cars, with full wet tyres feel great.

Gav88888
13-02-2018, 18:40
I just finished a wet race at Imola in GT3, awesome race.

Zaskarspants
13-02-2018, 20:04
Rain tyres for ginetta gt5, my lap times.

Default loose, 12 lap fuel, Oulton park,summer, 1600, heavy rain, AI 110 / 100.

All terrain.
Best lap - 2.13.
Very slippery, braking difficult, could not catch AI, great fun to slide.

All weather.
Best lap - 2.02.
Overtaking AI.

In my experience all weather tyres are much better in the rain than all terrain.

Edit - added circuit - doh.

Rafaellongbeach
02-04-2018, 15:36
that is very strangle!!! in my personal car, I drive in rain at 100km/h. With race cars (much more grip as you said) you can not do a turn at 50km/h because you car looks like in the oil. completly undriveable. How can you explain that if the race car have much more grip?

Rafaellongbeach
02-04-2018, 15:37

that is very strangle!!! in my personal car, I drive in rain at 100km/h. With race cars (much more grip as you said) you can not do a turn at 50km/h because you car looks like in the oil. completly undriveable. How can you explain that if the race car have much more grip?

Asturbo
02-04-2018, 18:20
In the trayectory mode there is a race with the BMW M3 at Imola that it's impossible for me go through the puddles with wet tyres even at 30kmh.

I pass the event avoiding the puddles going outside of the track. The wet grass has a lot more grip than the flooded tarmac.

ProDriver
03-04-2018, 16:00
The puddles are extremely exaggerated. You cant cross a tiny one without loose the car even in lowers speeds. Maybe that has to be fixed because that is not real. I can drive at 100km/h with my real car without loosing the car in every corner with a puddle.

That bug is not only from Xbox, is for all platforms as well.

sas5320
03-04-2018, 16:24
just drive dry weather, no penalties and less than 10 opponents. best way to play the game, less frustrations more racing

Asturbo
03-04-2018, 16:28
just drive dry weather, no penalties and less than 10 opponents. best way to play the game, less frustrations more racing
In trayectory the weather is scripted, you can't change it.

SHiko
02-05-2018, 20:52
Just to fill in, nothing has been fixed. The game is still completely broken in rain, at least for road cars. Touch some water and youre down, the physics are really horrendous.

Hammerpgh
03-05-2018, 15:39
We had a race last night in the Vintage F1 League (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60485-Vintage-F1-1967-World-Championship/page12) in the Lotus 49 at Rouen and we had rain from the start of the race and the conditions were pretty much undriveable in any realistic fashion. Huge lakes of water formed along the road from Sciere and through Paradis to turn 1 very quickly and no matter the speed you tried to go or what gear you used the car would just aqua-plane and spin around with the slightest input. More water formed at the hairpin and several times my car literally floated on the water and gently drifted into the grass banking damaging my steering even though the touch was very slight.

In an earlier test session in similar conditions I had AI in the mix and they were powering through those puddles with not a care in the world while I slipped and slid around unable to find the barest minimum of grip :rolleyes: I gave up grabbed a fallen branch and did my best pedalo impression instead....

Zaskarspants
03-05-2018, 18:36
We had a race last night in the Vintage F1 League (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60485-Vintage-F1-1967-World-Championship/page12) in the Lotus 49 at Rouen and we had rain from the start of the race and the conditions were pretty much undriveable in any realistic fashion. Huge lakes of water formed along the road from Sciere and through Paradis to turn 1 very quickly and no matter the speed you tried to go or what gear you used the car would just aqua-plane and spin around with the slightest input. More water formed at the hairpin and several times my car literally floated on the water and gently drifted into the grass banking damaging my steering even though the touch was very slight.

In an earlier test session in similar conditions I had AI in the mix and they were powering through those puddles with not a care in the world while I slipped and slid around unable to find the barest minimum of grip :rolleyes: I gave up grabbed a fallen branch and did my best pedalo impression instead....

I had a quick look at that thread. It appears you ran default set ups. That will give you ' track' tyres, these are fine in the dry but are rubbish in the wet in this formula. They cool down after one lap and become awful to drive with.

Vintage tyres are much better in the wet, perhaps counterintuitive as they are more of a challenge in the dry. Think of them as wets for this formula and maybe drop the pressures a bit and you will find they keep up to temperature and wet driving with that car is transformed.

Sgt Formula 1
03-05-2018, 21:52
I had a quick look at that thread. It appears you ran default set ups. That will give you ' track' tyres, these are fine in the dry but are rubbish in the wet in this formula. They cool down after one lap and become awful to drive with.

Vintage tyres are much better in the wet, perhaps counterintuitive as they are more of a challenge in the dry. Think of them as wets for this formula and maybe drop the pressures a bit and you will find they keep up to temperature and wet driving with that car is transformed.

I thought the default tyre for the Lotus 49 was Vintage. In the setups it only allows Vintage, ice, and all-terrain I believe

Robhd
04-05-2018, 04:53

Just as an addenda to this post, in lower formula racing, road tyres are often a prefered option regulations wise to keep costs down.. In the real world this translates to red flag conditions, delayed starts, safety car lapping and even abandoned races...

This is what the red flags are for folks! Even in top notch formula racing with hugely expensive rubber one once cars are skating on the surface of the water, aquaplaning racing is usually halted fir safety reasons, this effect is the same but even more visible in bike racing, but its the same forces and causes wt work.

C'mon guys, you aren't going to get this in a game but driving cars with inadequate rubber when it wouldn't be a real viable option is pretty pointless yeah? Obviously where this point is reached is variable on type of car, rules and regs and even set up..

I am not saying there are exceptions, but do you really think you are Senna at Donny? If you are write to Frank Williams, he needs you... Right now!

Maybe get out into the fresh air a bit more guys, out to the circuits, take a picnic, but make sure you pack your brolly.

Hammerpgh
04-05-2018, 09:02

I thought the default tyre for the Lotus 49 was Vintage. In the setups it only allows Vintage, ice, and all-terrain I believe

Thanks for the suggestion Zaskar but I am not sure that's the case here.

I'm pretty sure you are correct Sgt as the tyres we ran in the dry qualifying session and wet race were the same ones I ran in my practices and they didn't change whether I set the session to default setups or not.

JHONLEROLERO
04-05-2018, 12:55
I don’t trust the game physics anymore and that makes me so sad. Test yourself a rainy race, GT3 in career mode. After that, go to a private training with the same car and weather conditions. There are 2 different games. When I realized that I quit.

RomKnight
04-05-2018, 13:04
You sure it's the same conditions... track temps, WIND, track conditions wrt to rubber on tarmac (by you and AI),...

The only always the same assured conditions are in TT (in which there's no rain unfortunately)

Zaskarspants
04-05-2018, 13:35

The 'track' tyre is available on this car. It sets to this with loose default, even in the rain, you need to select the vintage tyre when setting up the car, I also lowered pressures a little. Track is best in the dry.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60485-Vintage-F1-1967-World-Championship&p=1506916&viewfull=1#post1506916

Hammerpgh
04-05-2018, 14:59
The 'track' tyre is available on this car. It sets to this with loose default, even in the rain, you need to select the vintage tyre when setting up the car, I also lowered pressures a little. Track is best in the dry.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60485-Vintage-F1-1967-World-Championship&p=1506916&viewfull=1#post1506916

I'll have a look at this later on and get back to confirm. My assumption was that we were on the vintage tyre because it looked identical to the one I was on in my practice when I didn't have the default setup locked. Cheers.

Atak Kat
06-05-2018, 07:45
I don’t trust the game physics anymore and that makes me so sad. Test yourself a rainy race, GT3 in career mode. After that, go to a private training with the same car and weather conditions. There are 2 different games. When I realized that I quit.

Unfortunately I agree with this.

I'm doing the final stage of the GT3 career and the first race at Road America is all rain. I found it impossible. Normally I use about 80% difficulty, and in the rain I reduced it to 60%. Still was dead last. (I will say, the way the track evolved through the race between heavy rain, then light and drying track, then heavy rain again, was fantastic..... but what I could manage compared to the AI was just completely different)

2nd race was Nurburgring Combined, and here the rain comes into the 2nd lap. AI does not pit, so they must stay on slicks. I pitted after lap 1 for wets, and with this I was able to eventually gain the time back and come in 2nd. But it took me the full 2 remaining laps to catch up. It was obvious the AI were still on slicks because I was faster. But if they would have been on wets, I would have been no where near the front.

Not giving up, because I do like the career events, when the races are at least dry. But anything with wet, is just a blood bath.

Zaskarspants
06-05-2018, 09:09
I did a race yesterday to test AI in the rain and I found the AI ran about the same as i did dry or storm.

I found an app on xbox that is a very limited clip editor and here they are side by side, sorry about the sound clash.
This was default loose 90 / 100 both times.

You can see lap times are about ten seconds slower but I am keeping the same pace as the AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QtdYJBUMU&t=172s

Cholton82
06-05-2018, 15:42
I did a race yesterday to test AI in the rain and I found the AI ran about the same as i did dry or storm.

I found an app on xbox that is a very limited clip editor and here they are side by side, sorry about the sound clash.
This was default loose 90 / 100 both times.

You can see lap times are about ten seconds slower but I am keeping the same pace as the AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QtdYJBUMU&t=172s

I ran a race this morning in the GEC at Silvestone in the 911 GTE and it was like glass , immediately apparent something was wrong as I exited the pits on wets . Something is wrong under the hood for sure , just to add I tested extensively in the wet at night because I knew that was the weather I’d get in this race , I saw wets get fitted but one thing is the track temp went up from around 9 degrees to something like 20 odd when it started raining and this is all in the dark . That’s not right is it

blinkngone
10-05-2018, 01:28
I'll have a look at this later on and get back to confirm. My assumption was that we were on the vintage tyre because it looked identical to the one I was on in my practice when I didn't have the default setup locked. Cheers.
Hey, here is what I found.
Track tires are available.
When I select automatic by weather track tires are installed. Default Loose setup. The Vintage tires are 13 seconds per lap quicker on this track with the 49C.

Hammerpgh
10-05-2018, 11:52
It still confuses me why this track tyre get's bolted on by default :confused: The vintage tyre should be the one it get's and we have decided in our little series that everyone must run the vintage tyre from now on. The track tyre is just not right and makes the car way too forgiving in the dry.

blinkngone
10-05-2018, 14:55
It still confuses me why this track tyre get's bolted on by default :confused: The vintage tyre should be the one it get's and we have decided in our little series that everyone must run the vintage tyre from now on. The track tyre is just not right and makes the car way too forgiving in the dry.

Hi, maybe that's the point of having the track tire used in default. To give a forgiving tire to the novice drivers who get their first experience at driving the older cars. The more experienced drivers can switch to the less forgiving and more realistic vintage rubber.

shr84
28-03-2019, 19:17

did you ever drove a real car in the rain? the BMW 1 M COUPE´ in this game under rain conditions is just a bad joke xD if real world cars woud behave like this in rain we had completely empty street at bad weather because it woud be suicide to do otherwise

shr84
28-03-2019, 19:30
play BMW coupe on rainy conditions and you feel like an idiot for this post in an instant

shr84
28-03-2019, 19:30
Just as an addenda to this post, in lower formula racing, road tyres are often a prefered option regulations wise to keep costs down.. In the real world this translates to red flag conditions, delayed starts, safety car lapping and even abandoned races...

This is what the red flags are for folks! Even in top notch formula racing with hugely expensive rubber one once cars are skating on the surface of the water, aquaplaning racing is usually halted fir safety reasons, this effect is the same but even more visible in bike racing, but its the same forces and causes wt work.

C'mon guys, you aren't going to get this in a game but driving cars with inadequate rubber when it wouldn't be a real viable option is pretty pointless yeah? Obviously where this point is reached is variable on type of car, rules and regs and even set up..

I am not saying there are exceptions, but do you really think you are Senna at Donny? If you are write to Frank Williams, he needs you... Right now!

Maybe get out into the fresh air a bit more guys, out to the circuits, take a picnic, but make sure you pack your brolly.

play BMW coupe on rainy conditions and you feel like an idiot for this post in an instant

blinkngone
28-03-2019, 19:33
did you ever drove a real car in the rain? the BMW 1 M COUPE´ in this game under rain conditions is just a bad joke xD if real world cars woud behave like this in rain we had completely empty street at bad weather because it woud be suicide to do otherwise

Really? If anything the 1 M is easy to drive in the rain, unless you often exceed 120 mph where you live, blast into hairpins at 70 mph.
Your are not going to beat the Porsche 959 AWD with the 1 M Coupe but you can easily compete with the other cars in the Road E group(RDE).