PDA

View Full Version : Performance settings not sticking

snakehands
24-09-2017, 07:25
As above. When backing out of the performance settings screen I'm not prompted to restart but when I do, none of the changes have stuck and everything is back at default. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

MrTulip
24-09-2017, 07:45
Settings not saving could be an issue with not able to write to

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Project CARS 2\graphicsconfigdx11.xml

at all.

This could be the case for instance if you launch the game with a different account. Couple of users had some weird profile issues with PCARS1 in Windows 10, where the file kept reset all the time. Playing with folder and file permissions may help, as well as doing good old scandisk.

snakehands
24-09-2017, 08:23
Settings not saving could be an issue with not able to write to

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Project CARS 2\graphicsconfigdx11.xml

at all.

This could be the case for instance if you launch the game with a different account. Couple of users had some weird profile issues with PCARS1 in Windows 10, where the file kept reset all the time. Playing with folder and file permissions may help, as well as doing good old scandisk.

Hmm, interesting. I check and those files aren't read only. So I wonder if this is indeed an account issue because I'm also unable to send a friend request.

CoproManiac
24-09-2017, 08:34
Try running it as Admin?
Right click Pcars2 - Properties - Compatibility - Run as admin.

Not sure if it will work though.

snakehands
24-09-2017, 08:45
Try running it as Admin?
Right click Pcars2 - Properties - Compatibility - Run as admin.

Not sure if it will work though.

Good idea, I'll give that a go.

Gloomy
24-09-2017, 08:49
I've had this issue as well. Thing is sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure what the cause is.

MrTulip
24-09-2017, 09:05
Also you could try disabling (or enabling) Steam Cloud for PCARS2. I have it disabled...

Steam -> Project CARS 2 -> Mouse right click -> Properties -> Updates -> Steam Cloud -> Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Project CARS 2"