PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer issues (playing in New Zealand)

slowGamer
24-09-2017, 08:45
Hi,

I tried to play online and did not manage to play a single game. I joined several but was disconnected before joining the game. Sometimes I could specate, sometimes not. When I did spectate all cars looked laggy like crazy.

A few questions, maybe I'm missing something:

- How can I see what ping I have to a server and what region they are in?

- Is the multiplayer working for anybody in Australia or New Zealand? Do we have regional servers?

- Are there even any servers at all, or is it all peer to peer?

- Is the 'Time remaining' column working in the server browser? I usually join something with '2 Laps left' but when I join I do not manage to join.

- Where can I see the time left or laps left when spectating a server?

Hopefully I a missing something. Particularly not being able to see ping and server location seems important.

slowGamer
25-09-2017, 10:23
Nobody?

drathuu
25-09-2017, 10:29
Hey slow, we ran a DS all weekend from sydney and countless P2P races - most played 8 hours straight sat & sunday, had rooms of 15-20, but ended up putting an F licence minimum requirement on to weed out the crashers and bangers.. people could join lobby but couldnt join server unless they had an F licence.

on server screen on right is 4 letters, saying if they are in Lobby, Practice, Quallifying, Race (LPQR) the yellow box is what they are in.. i dont think you can join a p2p server in R (Race).. The bars on the right are ping.. look for green, which should be closer.. red will be lagger and likely other side of world.

We are going to have one on around 9pm AEST tongiht.. however that will be your 11pm.

But to answer your question, no issues, and most of us have Coax or NBN connections, so 5-20ms pings..so not laggy at all..

slowGamer
25-09-2017, 20:01
on server screen on right is 4 letters, saying if they are in Lobby, Practice, Quallifying, Race (LPQR) the yellow box is what they are in.. i dont think you can join a p2p server in R (Race).. The bars on the right are ping.. look for green, which should be closer.. red will be lagger and likely other side of world.
But to answer your question, no issues, and most of us have Coax or NBN connections, so 5-20ms pings..so not laggy at all..

Thanks drathu for your response. Unfortunately I only see those bars and pings when I am joined on the server, I don't see it on the server browser before picking a game, making it ardous to find a good ping.

My connection is ADSL 10-20ms (locally) but the games I did managed to join were overseas and were unplayable with tons of lag.

Do you think you might have had good ping times because you joined each others races, so p2p local/oz only games?

Because I don't have any mates into sim racing, so I am stuck having to play on public servers for now. I was meaning to join up on raceonoz, a website to organise racers in oz and nz, but I'm married and don't have much time for regular comittments like leagues etc.

Good pub racing is most flexible but it seems hard to achieve. Am I going about this the wrong way? Should I find people to play with regularly?