PDA

View Full Version : [BUG?!] Clutch not required to shift manual h-pattern cars, Logitech G27 on PC

Der Hausmeister
24-09-2017, 09:22
Hello there,

I am using a Logitech G27 on PC with gearing set to manual and automatic clutch set to off. Whenever I drive a car with a h-pattern gearbox (tested with Formula Rookie and 1970s historic Lotus Formula 1 car) the clutch isn't required to shift gears. The clutch seems to apply automatically when lifting off and changing gear with the G27's h-pattern shifter. This ruins the shifting experience and in game immersion.

Does anyone know how to set up the game to require a manual clutch input to shift gears in h-pattern cars?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Just tested some road cars that use a manual h-pattern IRL (Mitsubishi Evo IX / X) and the problem still persists. I need to use the clutch to re-start the engine and to get the car going from a standstill but from there on, the clutch isn't required to change gear which just ruins the entire point of driving the manual h-pattern cars for me. Please fix!

rosko
24-09-2017, 09:25
Yes i noticed this as well i hope they fix it.

Dmitry Afanasyev
24-09-2017, 09:30
I guess it is a general problem not just G27. Same for TH8A shifter

Blupp
24-09-2017, 09:44
Same for TH8A shifter

I have the TH8A and can confirm, I dont need the clutch at all.

shiftt
24-09-2017, 09:54
same problem with logitech g29

AlpenoStrand
24-09-2017, 12:33
General bug and not hardware specific, same issue with Fanatec SQ 1.5 shifter and CSP V3.

MrTulip
24-09-2017, 12:51
This is a general bug in specific cars and car groups. For instance Group A cars don't have this issue.

rosko
24-09-2017, 12:54
Yeah seems to be more in the historic cars, not all of them mind.

B1rdy
24-09-2017, 13:20
Hello there,

I am using a Logitech G27 on PC with gearing set to manual and automatic clutch set to off. Whenever I drive a car with a h-pattern gearbox (tested with Formula Rookie and 1970s historic Lotus Formula 1 car) the clutch isn't required to shift gears. The clutch seems to apply automatically when lifting off and changing gear with the G27's h-pattern shifter. This ruins the shifting experience and in game immersion.You can shift gears IRL without using the clutch. You probably can't do it in-game while on the throttle, can you?

Der Hausmeister
24-09-2017, 13:54
True, but I don't know which cars are shifted without the clutch IRL and which ones aren't. I just thought that the 70s F1 cars required a clutch so I thought it could be a bug or that I set my game up wrongly.

Would be nice to know how the in game cars are "shifted" IRL.

Blupp
24-09-2017, 16:10
Ok, I think we were wrong, it is working.
Each gear needs a specific rpm to catch, but the gear indicator shows the selected gear, even if it isnt engaged (it doesn't say neutral).
I think some kind of grinding sound would be nice.