PDA

View Full Version : STMCMD Dedicated server

exiledslinky
24-09-2017, 10:05
So by the looks of it need to buy the game twice if you want to Run a dedicated server on a separate machine?

Trying to install in steam cmd but get no Subscription Install failed

KingE71
24-09-2017, 10:07
So by the looks of it need to buy the game twice if you want to Run a dedicated server on a separate machine?

Trying to install in steam cmd but get no Subscription Install failed

in steamcmd, don't logon as anonymous, but use your steam login and password, then you can install the DS on a separate machine. I did the same thing

exiledslinky
24-09-2017, 10:08
so use the one ive bought the game with?

but if i want to use the dedicated server app from steam/tools i cant use it with another steam login. kinda sh*t if u ask me

KingE71
24-09-2017, 10:29
so use the one ive bought the game with?

but if i want to use the dedicated server app from steam/tools i cant use it with another steam login. kinda sh*t if u ask me

i used the same steam id that i used to buy PC2. But i think you can use any steam id/pw to install the PC2 dedicated server

exiledslinky
24-09-2017, 10:43
i used the same steam id that i used to buy PC2. But i think you can use any steam id/pw to install the PC2 dedicated server

Yeah but some of the admins in my group are not that technically minded and the use of the GUI is what im wanting

Visceral_Syn
24-09-2017, 12:27
You only need a steam account that has purchased pCars˛, to download. Steam does not need to be running, to start the the deddy server.

exiledslinky
24-09-2017, 12:29
cool any idea why im getting this error

htt ps://ibb.co/m5r1B5

Visceral_Syn
24-09-2017, 13:01
The pCars server spat that out a lot too, I disregarded it. I saw the pCars˛ spit it out a few times as well, again, I disregarded it...