PDA

View Full Version : Drivername is *****, personal laptimes not saved

Tychen
24-09-2017, 10:20
Hi everyone,

first of all: IMHO a great game, nice graphics and quite authentic driving experience.

Having an issue though, when doing "test drives" or Userdefined Race" (sorry, do not know the original english expressions, since I have the german Version installed. There it is called "Benutzerdefiniertes Rennen" and "Privater Test" ).

When I do race there the Drivername is "*****" and the Drivers abbreviation is "***" and I never get my personal Laptime saved. Everytime I reenter the same Even my personal laprecord is not there.

Any idea?

Thanx in advance!

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 10:22
Seems like the Profanity Filter is kicking in... What's your Name writen in the Game?

And are you sure you have valid lap times? Going off Track or Cutting the Track can lead to Invadilated lap-times...

AlpenoStrand
24-09-2017, 12:27
Looks like this sessions use your Steam name even if you changed it in your profile. I managed to have the correct country flag shown, but my name is still the Steam name and not the one set in "Profile".

Tychen
24-09-2017, 16:30
Seems like the Profanity Filter is kicking in... What's your Name writen in the Game?

And are you sure you have valid lap times? Going off Track or Cutting the Track can lead to Invadilated lap-times...

My first name in Game is "Tychen" and the name is "Blubb". When I created the Account in the game I did not have to fill in the name, so I just hat the first name.
And yes, I did have valid lap times. I often saw the time turn into red numbers, when I left the track but I hat several attempts where the time was still in white numbers.

Tychen
24-09-2017, 16:33
Looks like this sessions use your Steam name even if you changed it in your profile. I managed to have the correct country flag shown, but my name is still the Steam name and not the one set in "Profile".

My steam name differs from the name which is shown in game

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 16:40
I never get my personal Laptime saved. Everytime I reenter the same Even my personal laprecord is not there.

Are you referring to the graphic that displays when the track is loading showing lap times? If so, those should be Time Trial times (IIRC).

Tychen
24-09-2017, 16:56
Are you referring to the graphic that displays when the track is loading showing lap times? If so, those should be Time Trial times (IIRC).

Yes, for example those times. But they are left blank for me.
Is there a way to do screenshots from the menus of the game, so I cound show better, what I mean?

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 17:02
Nope, I know what you mean. Those will be Time Trial times, not local times if I recall correctly (looking for a WMD2 member to help me confirm). ;)

I never do Time Trial myself so mine are always blank as well.

JZStudios
24-09-2017, 17:22
If you hit Print Screen on your keyboard (I'm assuming it's on German Keyboards) you can paste in MS Paint or other photo/paint apps and save as image. Otherwise more directly I guess Steams screenshot key I believe is defaulted to F12.

Tychen
24-09-2017, 19:58
If you hit Print Screen on your keyboard (I'm assuming it's on German Keyboards) you can paste in MS Paint or other photo/paint apps and save as image. Otherwise more directly I guess Steams screenshot key I believe is defaulted to F12.

F12 is the key. At least it did 3 screenshots.
Well, I drove some laps to illustrate the point I was talking about and I was doing about 7-8 screenshot, but only 3 found it to ~User/Documents/Project CARS 2/screenshots
No idea, where the others went.

Anyway: Doing a Userdefined Race results in no saved lap times and the Drivers name is displayed as "*****".

Any help is appreciated.

PS: Since download from steam will take about 10 hours I am not a fan of deinstall and reinstall :)

Tychen
28-09-2017, 12:46
Ok, the Drivername ***** is resolved now. Had to create another profile in Steam-Client.

BUT: I still do not see any lap times I ever drove.
I drove many laps in private tests (also alot with valid times), but I do not see any "Persönliche Bestleistung" (personal best lap time?).

Any help is appreaciated.