PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying vs race timings

anlygi
24-09-2017, 10:20
Has anyone noticed a big difference in AI timings between qualifying and race? Some races I can't get near qualifying times yet set fastest times in races and can win from the back of the grid over 5 laps? I'm playing on 60% and have only completed formula rookie so far.

Dano8881
24-09-2017, 10:54
Yes this is been my biggest bug and frustrating thing yet, as an example Ginetta gt5 in career mode race 1 Oulton park ai's pole time 1.29 my quali 1.37, race fastest lap for me was in the 1.38s ai's fastest lap was in the 1.41s. Now that has been the most extreme yet but all career mode so far ai has been extremely quicker in quali. I have also had moments when I have qualified pole yet started at the back.

GenBrien
24-09-2017, 11:11
dont skip to the end of Qual, AI will have much faster time if you do

Dano8881
24-09-2017, 12:03

This is without skipping, 9 times out of 10 I am on track for all of quali, tweeking the car or just trying to improve seeing as the ai are so quick. Also skipping still does not account for ai qualifying so much quicker then true pace, on some they are 10-11 seconds a lap quicker in quali. 2 or 3 seconds is generally the norm in the real world and it's seems on most occasions in career mode it's alot bigger gap then that.

hossa
24-09-2017, 12:37

What does skipping have to do with the issue? If it is possible to skip to the end, it should work! This is a lame explanation for an in-built problem. And it happened to me in all (15 atm) qualifyings so far.

pcars1 had the same issue: on one short track (can't remember which it was) I posted 55 seconds for one lap but when I skipped to the end i was last with the best racer at 33 seconds.

It's the most frustrating issue I've ever experienced in a racing game. You simply can't qualify realistically!

Don't build in the option to skip to the end of a boring 30min qualifying if it doesn't work! PC users don't seem to have this problem!

This must be fixed!

Dano8881
24-09-2017, 13:02
What does skipping have to do with the issue? If it is possible to skip to the end, it should work! This is a lame explanation for an in-built problem. And it happened to me in all (15 atm) qualifyings so far.

pcars1 had the same issue: on one short track (can't remember which it was) I posted 55 seconds for one lap but when I skipped to the end i was last with the best racer at 33 seconds.

It's the most frustrating issue I've ever experienced in a racing game. You simply can't qualify realistically!

Don't build in the option to skip to the end of a boring 30min qualifying if it doesn't work! PC users don't seem to have this problem!

This must be fixed!

I agree it's an issue that needs sorting, it's making career mode almost unplayable for me. I like to set up ai so it's a challenge, so every win or loss is hard work but with quali I have dropped ai down to 60 and they still out qualify me by 4 seconds plus yet I am 4 seconds plus a lap faster in the race. I never had a issue in pc1 with qualifying playing on 85 ai both races and qualifying was a challenge but ultimately laptimes from ai were consistent and what you would expect in differences between quali and race.

Dano8881
24-09-2017, 13:19
Just tested qualifying out on custom race and that seems to be more like it, must be a bug with career mode?

Neil Bateman
24-09-2017, 13:32

The track evolves and gets much quicker during every session as more rubber gets laid down, as in real life, so cars are much quicker at the end of the session than at the start, skipping to the end of qualy does not change this.

Having said that just how much time the AI gain has to be a realistic gain over a session which ATM seems off, you are always much faster in qualy, as in a race although the track rubbers in and gets faster your tyres wear out.

hossa
24-09-2017, 13:32
Yep, only career mode. I don't play online so the game is of no use for me at the moment

hossa
24-09-2017, 13:41
sorry to disagree, but the change in track has nothing to do with it: i posted a thread yesterday where i wanted to document with pictures, which i'm not allowed to share as a 'rookie':

1. Rain, clio cup, snetterton 300. My time 2:17:XX
2. I skip to the end of Q and end up last with the best driver at 2:05:XX
3. I restart qualifying and race 2:17:XX again. Instead of skipping I WAIT for the rest of Q
4. After 30minutes of waiting i'm first with the second racer at 2:20:XX

that's a difference of 15 seconds! I race the same time and end up last when skipping and first when waiting for the whole qualifying!

And this has nothing to do with tiring of tyres or the track! This is an issue of the game! Otherwise the best driver would have the (more or less) same time of either 2:05:XX OR 2:20:XX

Dano8881
24-09-2017, 13:51
sorry to disagree, but the change in track has nothing to do with it: i posted a thread yesterday where i wanted to document with pictures, which i'm not allowed to share as a 'rookie':

1. Rain, clio cup, snetterton 300. My time 2:17:00
2. I skip to the end of Q and end up last whith the best driver at 2:05:XX
3. Restart qualifying: 2:17:XX and WAITING for the rest of Q
4. After 30minutes of waiting i'm first with the second racer at 2:20:XX

that's a difference of 15 seconds! I race the same time and end up last when skipping and first when waiting for the whole qualifying!

And this has nothing to do with tiring of tyres or the track! This is an issue of the game! Otherwise the best driver would have the (more or less) same time of either 2:05:XX OR 2:20:XX

I have seen that aswell that's why I don't skip, problems is in pc1 they had a fast forward option and they don't seem to have it in pc2 so you have to sit for 15 mins twiddling your thumbs.