PDA

View Full Version : U1500 Player?

Cbrriderr
24-09-2017, 10:43
is there a guide or info, on how to get this higher, or what it does? i did one race so far, and mostly community drives, no Career yet.

Bealdor
24-09-2017, 10:52
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html?lang=en

chieflongshin
24-09-2017, 10:53
Apparently its just clocking up clean miles online.

FerryF1
24-09-2017, 11:06
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html?lang=en

Does anyone know if these rating get reset or something? been racing online yesterday and my rating went up from U1500 to a D1008 at the end of the evening.
I now fire the game back up and my rating is back at U1569 ?????

Bealdor
24-09-2017, 11:08
Apparently the display in your profile is bugged. It should show the correct value when joining a race.

FerryF1
24-09-2017, 11:11
Apparently the display in your profile is bugged. It should show the correct value when joining a race.

Okay thanks, thats a big relief! any idea if/how that 'Achieve a B Safety Rating' Trophy will be affected by this profile bug?

Bealdor
24-09-2017, 11:12
I don't know, sorry.

CodeCmdr
24-09-2017, 11:22
Does anyone know if these rating get reset or something? been racing online yesterday and my rating went up from U1500 to a D1008 at the end of the evening.
I now fire the game back up and my rating is back at U1569 ?????

Just curious, did you progress from U straight to D? I got crashed into a lot in the first couple of races, so it took me a while to progress out of U, and I only got F. I hope it won't take the system long to move me up because my record has a lot of contacts at the beginning.

Al Zhiemer
24-09-2017, 11:32
I really don't understand how this works. Are we aiming for a higher number to progress or a lower number to progress? I think this is a great idea having the rating coming from iRacing but once again, fhugtards thinking that they are going to win the race at the first turn on the first lap always destroy your rating. Have gone from a U14??, up to a F14?? rating and after a couple of races with idiots I am back down to a U13??.

gp20
24-09-2017, 11:35
I think this is a great idea having the rating coming from iRacing but once again, fhugtards thinking that they are going to win the race at the first turn on the first lap always destroy your rating.
Not exactly the same would be great.

resmania
24-09-2017, 11:53
Same here. What's the relation between Rank and Strength?

CodeCmdr
24-09-2017, 17:52
I really don't understand how this works. Are we aiming for a higher number to progress or a lower number to progress? I think this is a great idea having the rating coming from iRacing but once again, fhugtards thinking that they are going to win the race at the first turn on the first lap always destroy your rating. Have gone from a U14??, up to a F14?? rating and after a couple of races with idiots I am back down to a U13??.

You may still be at F. There's a bug which shows your safety rank at U when you start the game for the first time, and that value only gets updated to the correct letter after the joining/leaving a multiplayer game.

Same here. What's the relation between Rank and Strength?

U/F/E/D/C/B/A/S: is your safety rank, which improves if you race cleanly. I haven't seen any details from SMS on this is affected in detail. Do P and Q sessions have an effect? No idea. Do off-track warnings from the race director affect safety rank, or is it only collisions with other drivers that penalizes you? No idea.

The number after the safety rank is the skill rank, which initially starts at 1500. It represents how good you are at winning races against other drivers. If you win a lot, your skill rank will go up. It's a bit like ELO (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system).

Unfortunately, the official site which explains safety and skill ranks (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html) is full or errors. It seems as if it was written as a design document a year ago and hasn't been updated to explain the current state of the system! For example, it mentions "match-making", but there is no such thing in this game. It also mentions 3 ranks, but there are actually just 2 ranks, plus various other non-rank-relevant statistics, such as the number of race wins you've got.