PDA

View Full Version : Vr and HUD

Cbrriderr
24-09-2017, 10:59
is it possible to move around the HUD icons, or delete ones i do not want? Im using Rift and i want just delta bar, and tires,

Harmoniser
24-09-2017, 11:15
yes if you go into the menu, in a session, you can move them around. I have everything to the side or below me so only see it when I really look for it. You might have to play with it for a while. I some times found it would not be where I set it to be. Be restarting the game seemed to fix that.

Boskapongen
24-09-2017, 11:42
Yes, the modify HUD is bugged in VR. But after one hour i got it right. Especially the lower boxes was hard to get to, had to click below the boxes to get them active. Then when u save, they become huge and in 2D. You dont have to restart game just the session and they will be 3D again.

Rusty Silvia
24-09-2017, 12:58
Is there a kb shortcut to reset VR position in game?

Boskapongen
24-09-2017, 13:00
Is there a kb shortcut to reset VR position in game?

Yes, i have mapped it to a wheel button. In assignments settings, at the bottom i think.

MrTulip
24-09-2017, 13:19
Also these still work to change zoom and position of the whole VR layout in the HUD edit mode. As mentioned, the HUD turns always back to 2D plane after saving the settings, but visiting the main menu makes the changes active again.

The HUD adjustment runs in one of two modes - movement and rotation / scale. Num-Pad 0 toggles between these modes.

In movement mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: move left and right
1 & 3: move left and right slowly
8 & 2: move up and down
7 & 9: move up and down slowly
+ & -: move back and forth
/ & *: move back and forth slowly
5: resets position to the default

In rotation / scale mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: rotate left and right
8 & 2: rotate up and down
1 & 3: rotate anti-clockwise / clockwise
+ & -: scale the HUD bigger and smaller
/ & *: scale the HUD bigger and smaller slowly
5: resets rotation and scale to the default

Boskapongen
24-09-2017, 13:47
Wow, so many extra setting, wonderful...thx

Attackmack
24-09-2017, 14:50
Its wonky and glitchy and difficult to get properly setup but with enough time (and patience) you can get it about anyway you want!

There is some bugs dealing with the Laptime HUD window though, it has its own option in the gameplay settings and also a keybind to toggle it on/off and its various modes. But all of these doesnt seem to function in corelation properly as it sometimes show when shouldnt, and not shows when should.

And the leaderboard HUD window in minimal format doesnt show your position correctly :/

And "no HUD" still shows laptimer if its keybind have been pressed once.

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 17:01
I'm wondering if there's a keyboard shortcut to select different parts of the HUD ? The numpad shortcuts seem to only move/rotate the whole HUD. How to do it, widget per widget ?