PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel position off in some cars.

Fanapryde
24-09-2017, 12:04
Triple screen setup, virtual wheel disabled.
By now I found several cars where the base of the virtual steering wheel is not where it is supposed to be, i.e. more to the left or the right compared to my real wheel.
Other cars are OK though.
How to change ?
Is there a possibility to assign a button to adjust ? Would be great.

Fanapryde
25-09-2017, 15:44
No love here ?
I checked most of the cars (not all yet and did not check any open wheelers) and found these to be off:
(I did not count the ones with less than 1 cm offset)

cm to L or R

Aston Martin DBR1/300 --- 3 > R
Aston Martin Vulcan --- 1,5 > R
Audi R8 LMS (+24 hrs) --- 2,5 > R
Ferrari 330 P4 --- 4 > Left
Ferrari 288 GTO --- 3 > R
Ferrari F50 GT --- 1 > L
Ford Fusion --- 2 > R
Ford GT --- 1,5 > R
Ford Mk IV --- 2 > R
Ford Mustang 66 --- 1 > L
Ford Mustang Boss 302R --- 2,5 > R
Ford Mustang RTR GT4 --- 1,5 > R
Honda Civic Coupé GRC --- 2,5 > R
Jaguar E-type Gr44 --- 1 > R
Lambo Diablo GTR --- 2 > R
Lambo Huracan --- 1 > L
McLaren 570S --- 1 > R
McL 650 S GTR --- 1 > R
McL P1 --- 2 > L
McL P1 GTR --- 1 > L
Merc A45 4-Matic --- 1 > R
Merc AMG GTR --- 3,5 > R
Merc C63 Coupé S --- 2,5 > R
Merc 190 E 2,5 DTM --- 1,5 > R
Merc 300 SEL 6,8 --- 4 > R
Merc 300 SL --- 2 > R

So, any solution for this ? Very disturbing when using cockpit view...

Btw: I watched a replay of a kart session ... :biggrin-new: ... LMAO ... don't know what the pilot wanted to do with his arms/steering wheel, but he seemed to have lost it haha...:excitement:

Edit: what happened to the fire spitting rad bull ? No flames anymore ??

SharpEyez
25-09-2017, 15:55
We discussed this over at the WMD forum when the game was under development, this off center effect is intended and the same as in real life.

If you use your num-pad keys in cockpit mode (ie. number 2) you can see the position of the steering wheel.

DreamsKnight
25-09-2017, 16:15
the center of the wheel is totally offset. just the nsx gt3 has the wheel in the center and the dash totally offset.

Fanapryde
25-09-2017, 16:24
We discussed this over at the WMD forum when the game was under development, this off center effect is intended and the same as in real life.

If you use your num-pad keys in cockpit mode (ie. number 2) you can see the position of the steering wheel.

Sorry, what ?
Off center discussed and effect intended ?
When I look down in the cockpit and see the base of the virtual steering wheel (I turn the virtual wheel off) not matching my own wheel, that is intended ??

Try the Merc 300 SEL and see how nice that looks. That is simply immersion killing :ambivalence:

resmania
25-09-2017, 16:26
Yes. :very_drunk:

SharpEyez
25-09-2017, 16:26
Sorry, what ?
Off center discussed and effect intended ?
When I look down in the cockpit and see the base of the virtual steering wheel (I turn the virtual wheel off) not matching my own wheel, that is intended ??

Turn virtual steering wheel on and see for yourself what I mean.

Please report back :)

MaximusN
25-09-2017, 16:30

I get it's for authenticity, but it makes some dials a bit harder to see, because my steering wheel gets in the way. I have my 32" directly behind my steering wheel so that I can see the dials through my wheel(like a real driver's view). But that doesn't work well if the dials are offset by 10cms. I could adjust the cam manually, but I'm sure you'll understand I'm not going to do that everytime I go to track :) It would actually be easier to move the TV every time, but still...

It would have been better if it were a setting(wheel centered to view or wheel at authentic position).

MaximusN
25-09-2017, 16:32

Is it centered wheel you turn the virtual wheel off? If so I'll have to try it, because I have it on now for VR proposes(I don't always race in VR but cant bother to switch it on and off every time).

Fanapryde
25-09-2017, 16:33

Turned the virtual wheel on and then I see it several centimeters to the right (Merc 300 SEL) of my own wheel, so ... ?
Obviously the dash is not aligned to my real wheel either, which is what I would like... and which is how it should be, right ?

BTW: the Merc was perfectly OK in pCars 1, just checked.

Fanapryde
25-09-2017, 16:39
Is it centered wheel you turn the virtual wheel off? If so I'll have to try it, because I have it on now for VR proposes(I don't always race in VR but cant bother to switch it on and off every time).
No, it is not.

SharpEyez
25-09-2017, 16:54

nope doesn't make a difference but you should try it for better visibility of the dash etc.

Maurice Boeschen
25-09-2017, 17:05
Discussed at WMD and the Boss himself said this is by design.

I also absolutely cant live with this and for me that does not feel right at all.
Just try the Mercedes AMG GTR or C 63 anyone. Enable virtual wheel. It will not be in a straight line with your physical steering wheel. To drive this car (even without virtual wheel) feels so odd. Same for a lot other cars.

Here a picture of the Mercedes C 63:

Fanapryde
25-09-2017, 20:58
I also absolutely cant live with this and for me that does not feel right at all.

I could have taken pictures, but I thought the list was going to be good and clear enough.
A picture says more than a thousand words as they say...
It is ugly, it is disturbing and it is not up to the game imo.
All other sims at least have a way to correct the issues, be it by means of an app that offers a slider, or by changing the cam files.

Reported back, so... ?

Lilfurbal
25-09-2017, 21:21
Didn't seem anyone really mentioned this in a clear way but apparently the steering wheel is off center in game for certain cars from the drivers point of view is because those cars in real life have steering wheels off center from the drivers point of view, so they kept it authentic. As in being, it's not the games fault. However, in real life, you can ever so slightly move your head over and possibly don't even catch on so easily that it's off center. In the game it's painfully obvious and is something that actually drives me nuts for obvious reasons lol. Pretty sure most people would preferred the view with the steering wheel always aligned with center, but it seems it was a design choice of SMS to instead be more authentic to the driver's actual seat.

Fanapryde
25-09-2017, 21:47
Didn't seem anyone really mentioned this in a clear way but apparently the steering wheel is off center in game for certain cars from the drivers point of view is because those cars in real life have steering wheels off center from the drivers point of view, so they kept it authentic. As in being, it's not the games fault. However, in real life, you can ever so slightly move your head over and possibly don't even catch on so easily that it's off center. In the game it's painfully obvious and is something that actually drives me nuts for obvious reasons lol. Pretty sure most people would preferred the view with the steering wheel always aligned with center, but it seems it was a design choice of SMS to instead be more authentic to the driver's actual seat.
The point is that the wheel base (where the virtual wheel is attached to the steering column) in some cars points slightly left or right, which would confirm your post. But when the mounting point is straight and still off center, this is wrong, whatever explanation given. This is poor design imo.

mogens
25-09-2017, 21:53
I can see that all of you guys are on PC. Have any of you tried to engage the CTRL+K function on your keyboard? You can then use the Q and E tabs to move your onboard cameraview left and right. Maybe this could be an acceptable solution for you..

snakehands
25-09-2017, 22:53
The point is that the wheel base (where the virtual wheel is attached to the steering column) in some cars points slightly left or right, which would confirm your post. But when the mounting point is straight and still off center, this is wrong, whatever explanation given. This is poor design imo.

I like it the way it is. I want the cars exactly as in real life, thank you very much.

DreamsKnight
25-09-2017, 23:45
I can see that all of you guys are on PC. Have any of you tried to engage the CTRL+K function on your keyboard? You can then use the Q and E tabs to move your onboard cameraview left and right. Maybe this could be an acceptable solution for you..

ok, thank you. but we don't playing project workaround cars.

and please, don't tell us the real car are in that way :rolleyes:

the only design choice is not fixing a problem.

Flamaros
26-09-2017, 00:55
I didn't had this issue for the moment, but I can understand that some cars of the wheel not correctly aligned, but in this case maybe the seat is also turned a little and the driver don't make perfectly front to the road?

But anyway Pcars is a game (not a professional simulator made to test only one car) and players don't want to rearrange their seat and wheel to match perfectly the car they will drive in this game.
So it can be really confusing if the wheel on the screen isn't aligned with the real one.

Actual implementation could be good if all players are able to offset there wheel to put it aligned with the one off screen, in this way it will perfectly match the reality and desired effect.
But be honest this is not something that can be asked to players.

I will not unlock my wheel to offset it each time I want to jump in a new car, nor I will accept a weird graphical effect caused by a curious lateral offset of the view.

I home that my English is enough understandable.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 06:04
Guys, the reason why certain cars are this way is because they were modeled after CAD and the cockpit/helmet camera is (and has to be) at the same spot as the driver model's eyes.
IRL you can easily compensate those asymmetries but ingame you can't because you're just sitting in front of a flat screen with no physical depth.
You can adjust it via Ctrl-K but don't get your hopes up for an ingame solution (mapped buttons) for this because not having the POV lined up with the driver's eyes can potentially break the helmet cam and especially VR.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 06:14
Guys, the reason why certain cars are this way is because they were modeled after CAD and the cockpit/helmet camera is (and has to be) at the same spot as the driver model's eyes.
IRL you can easily compensate those asymmetries but ingame you can't because you're just sitting in front of a flat screen with no physical depth.
You can adjust it via Ctrl-K but don't get your hopes up for an ingame solution (mapped buttons) for this because not having the POV lined up with the dirver's eyes can potentially break the helmet cam and especially VR.

BUT are really ALL of these cars off-centered in real life? I doubt that this is the case honestly.. But anyway, therefore I said pC2 is still a game and as that in some situations we should ignore the reality to make it user friendly. For me its a real dealbreaker and I simply cant drive one of these off-centered cars at all - I immediately get sick.

Aston Martin DBR1/300 --- 3 > R
Aston Martin Vulcan --- 1,5 > R
Audi R8 LMS (+24 hrs) --- 2,5 > R
Ferrari 330 P4 --- 4 > Left
Ferrari 288 GTO --- 3 > R
Ferrari F50 GT --- 1 > L
Ford Fusion --- 2 > R
Ford GT --- 1,5 > R
Ford Mk IV --- 2 > R
Ford Mustang 66 --- 1 > L
Ford Mustang Boss 302R --- 2,5 > R
Ford Mustang RTR GT4 --- 1,5 > R
Honda Civic Coupé GRC --- 2,5 > R
Jaguar E-type Gr44 --- 1 > R
Lambo Diablo GTR --- 2 > R
Lambo Huracan --- 1 > L
McLaren 570S --- 1 > R
McL 650 S GTR --- 1 > R
McL P1 --- 2 > L
McL P1 GTR --- 1 > L
Merc A45 4-Matic --- 1 > R
Merc AMG GTR --- 3,5 > R
Merc C63 Coupé S --- 2,5 > R
Merc 190 E 2,5 DTM --- 1,5 > R
Merc 300 SEL 6,8 --- 4 > R
Merc 300 SL --- 2 > R

CTRL+K is no acceptable solution as this is not saved and you have to do this EVERY time again.

Fanapryde
26-09-2017, 06:34
You can adjust it via Ctrl-K but don't get your hopes up for an ingame solution (mapped buttons) for this because not having the POV lined up with the dirver's eyes can potentially break the helmet cam and especially VR.

Thanks for the clear explanation about why this decision has been made.
I knew that (at least for some cars in the list) it was not for "authenticity reasons".
(I'm all for authenticity BTW)

Ctrl-K helps, but sadly the settings are not saved and have to be redone every time.

dominiczeth
26-09-2017, 06:49
BUT are really ALL of these cars off-centered in real life?

As far as i know: Yes. Even my car is off centered. Measured it yesterday and its 5cm off. And this is a must have for VR or otherwise you would see the neck from your own driver when looking to the left. But i agree, there should be mappable buttons with which you can adjust it and gets automatically saved then (i think CTRL+K is saved globally).

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 06:53
As far as i know: Yes. Even my car is off centered. Measured it yesterday and its 5cm off. And this is a must have for VR or otherwise you would see the neck from your own driver when looking to the left. But i agree, there should be mappable buttons with which you can adjust it and gets automatically saved then (i think CTRL+K is saved globally).

CTRL+K unfortunately is not saved at all.

snakehands
26-09-2017, 07:52
Thanks for the clear explanation about why this decision has been made.
I knew that (at least for some cars in the list) it was not for "authenticity reasons".
(I'm all for authenticity BTW)

Ctrl-K helps, but sadly the settings are not saved and have to be redone every time.

Get yourself a Rift.

Fanapryde
26-09-2017, 07:56
Get yourself a Rift.First a dumb remark on my earlier post, now this... if you are not affected by the issue, why bother replying. You are helping nobody.

MaximusN
26-09-2017, 08:10
Get yourself a Rift.

I have a Vive, no thank you. :P But that post doesn't help this discussion one bit.

indent
26-09-2017, 08:28
The best thing would be to define two keys to move the seat position to the left / right. (this is what I believe in rFactor2.)

Exoil
26-09-2017, 08:46
Unit they allow buttonboxes or keyboards on consoles this is going to be a major annoyance for us console players.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 09:13
Get yourself a Rift.

Don't be silly.

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 09:24
You can adjust it via Ctrl-K but don't get your hopes up for an ingame solution (mapped buttons) for this because not having the POV lined up with the driver's eyes can potentially break the helmet cam and especially VR.

i don't hope for mapped button. i hope the dev align correctly in the center of the screen the center of the wheel and the center of the dash. exactly like they are in real life.

this was a problem with some cars in pc1 and now became a bigger problem in pc2.

Fanapryde
26-09-2017, 09:27
Unit they allow buttonboxes or keyboards on consoles this is going to be a major annoyance for us console players.

A bit off topic, but when I was still on PS4 I did use a button box from IgnitionControls, suited for PS4. I believe they have now BB's suited for PC/PS4 at the same time.

drathuu
26-09-2017, 09:30
The team aligned the eye position in all cars to the drivers seated position. As quite a lot (most) cars have the wheel slightly offset to the seat (and some angled slightly - AKA BMW M2 as an example), it was set to replicate the authentic driving position and offset.

Check your own car, you may find one hand / elbow is slightly bent more than another. It is more noticible in the sim as you have 2 wheels to compare (Removing the virutal wheel helps), however as you have bezels on monitors its easier to tell your off centre than real life.

MaximusN
26-09-2017, 09:41
The team aligned the eye position in all cars to the drivers seated position. As quite a lot (most) cars have the wheel slightly offset to the seat (and some angled slightly - AKA BMW M2 as an example), it was set to replicate the authentic driving position and offset.

Check your own car, you may find one hand / elbow is slightly bent more than another. It is more noticible in the sim as you have 2 wheels to compare (Removing the virutal wheel helps), however as you have bezels on monitors its easier to tell your off centre than real life.

I know my E46 has this(and I really really really hate that). But my wheel is at least aligned with the dials. And most simracers will have their wheel in the centre position. So in those authentic cars I can't see some dials. Like the 2002 I tested yesterday I can't see the RPMs because the right side of my wheel is blocking it(which it wouldn't have it it were centered).

Imagine this but then looking through your wheel it would also block the right dial(also RPMs if I'm correct)

Here a picture of the Mercedes C 63:

You'd be blocking the right most dial with your wheel rim. Plus it looks stupid to put it blandly. I'm all for honest bugs, but this is a step too far in a push for realism where it does the opposite. Anyone arguing for this choice hasn't thought it through much, I'm sorry to say. It's a lot of effort put into making things worse.

Authentic position is a nice touch for gamepad players, but horrible for wheel users(and VR if it's off there too, because then your virtual wheel isn't where your hands are = brain-hurt).

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 09:44
i don't hope for mapped button. i hope the dev align correctly in the center of the screen the center of the wheel and the center of the dash. exactly like they are in real life.

this was a problem with some cars in pc1 and now became a bigger problem in pc2.

Problem is, they aren't. ;)
The center of the screen is always the driver's POV/the middle of the driver's seat. And not every dash is centered with the wheel.

For example, Aura NSX GT3:

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 09:50
in a modified car like the acura GT3 i understand, also in the lotus 49 (doubt from the footage remains)

not in a c63.

ps: the wheel in the acura in the game is the centre, by the way. so bad example.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 09:55
in a modified car like the acura GT3 i understand, also in the lotus 49 (doubt from the footage remains)

not in a c63.

ps: the wheel in the acura in the game is the centre, by the way. so bad example.

The cars were modeled after CAD. The offset IS THERE in the real car. It's just easier to adjust to it when you're sitting in a real car instead of in front of a monitor.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 09:57
Problem is, they aren't. ;)
The center of the screen is always the driver's POV/the middle of the driver's seat. And not every dash is centered with the wheel.

For example, Aura NSX GT3:

I think there is some kind of miscommunication.
For the NSX I can drive it just fine because the virtual steering wheel is centered in the game with my physical steering wheel so it doesnt look weird but fully correct.
The NSX is the only off-centered car I can drive in the game because well its not misaligned.
The dash in the game for the NSX GT3 is to the left, yes. But the driver seat is perfectly in line with the steering wheel itself which is not the case for all this other cars.

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 10:07
The cars were modeled after CAD. The offset IS THERE in the real car. It's just easier to adjust to it when you're sitting in a real car instead of in front of a monitor.

ehhh angled photo with a car raped putting the wheel in the wrong side. :rolleyes: and not in the game

https://s26.postimg.org/kojnpsmvd/amg-c63s-dash_0.jpg

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 10:23
1) Your image is angled too (otherwise the steering wheel would be in the center of the image). ;)
2) Your "center line" is not in the center of the seat...

dominiczeth
26-09-2017, 10:25
Your line isn't straight. I play in VR and everything is perfect there. Normally you should move your physical Wheel or your monitor to align the picture. I know that's not possible, but this would be the correct way. SMS won't align the Perspective, you can just hope that they add buttons to do so for yourself.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 10:30
Guys, this is not going to change, so you're wasting your breath.

Ian Bell
26-09-2017, 10:32
ok, thank you. but we don't playing project workaround cars.

and please, don't tell us the real car are in that way :rolleyes:

the only design choice is not fixing a problem.

The real cars are this way. We've been through this at WMD... I can post images. Being real isn't something requiring a workaround.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 10:41
The real cars are this way. We've been through this at WMD... I can post images. Being real isn't something requiring a workaround.

Being real in a simulation is always good BUT simulation is still a GAME and in a game we should at least have a way toworkaround this realism ourselves. Therefore my suggestion of mappable buttons to move the seat to the left and right (same as seat up and down and forward and backward). So this would please all users - the VR users, the normal 2D users who get sick with such an extreme offset from virtual to real steering wheel and the realsim guys.

I think you all must agree that its really odd to drive the C63..?!

At least my brain cant handle this offset, I get sick and headache after a short time of driving. So in fact you dont give me the chance to drive 20 or so cars.. :(

SharpEyez
26-09-2017, 10:42
I'd say blame the car factories rather than the game that is basically copying the real life image. :cool:

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 10:44
Being real in a simulation is always good BUT simulation is still a GAME and in a game we should at least have a way toworkaround this realism ourselves. Therefore my suggestion of mappable buttons to move the seat to the left and right (same as seat up and down and forward and backward). So this would please all users - the VR users, the normal 2D users who get sick with such an extreme offset from virtual to real steering wheel and the realsim guys.

I think you all must agree that its really odd to drive the C63..?!

At least my brain cant handle this offset, I get sick and headache after a short time of driving. So in fact you dont give me the chance to drive 20 or so cars.. :(

Ctrl + K and then use WASDQE you can move the camera left of right to align it as desired.

MaximusN
26-09-2017, 10:50
Ctrl + K and then use WASDQE you can move the camera left of right to align it as desired.

Everytime I get in such a car? No, just no...

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 10:52
^ Why not?
You cant spare a few seconds to do this?

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 10:58
1) Your image is angled too (otherwise the steering wheel would be in the center of the image). ;)
2) Your "center line" is not in the center of the seat...

the camera point of view is slightly rotated to the right, so the seat in angled (or mercedes is not able also to do a plain seat?), the wheel is slightly to the left, and the dash again is to the right. it's called perspective.

this thing to sell mistakes as a great realism design choice is becaming hilarious. mistakes present also in pc1 and corrected with patches.

Your line isn't straight. I play in VR and everything is perfect there. Normally you should move your physical Wheel or your monitor to align the picture. I know that's not possible, but this would be the correct way. SMS won't align the Perspective, you can just hope that they add buttons to do so for yourself.

It's obvious that with the vr it's all perfect. also for pad users is perfect. also for sofa players is perfect. the problem is that seems you don't understand perfectly what we are talking about.

and by the way, my monitor is mounted on an arm, so i don't need button. but I don't like things badly made and sold like realism.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 11:00
^ Why not?
I already spent 30 seconds adjusting the driver seat up and down / forward and backwards because the driver seat position resets itself from time to time.
Also adjusting with CTRL+K is simply not acceptable. I dont want to adjust every car for 1 minute before I can drive!

Zenzic
26-09-2017, 11:09
So moving your seat up, down, back, forth and changing the angle is something you do without second guessing, yet moving it left to right is "unacceptable"? And here I am simply happy that we can adjust the seat any way we like.

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 11:10
I already spent 30 seconds adjusting the driver seat up and down / forward and backwards because the driver seat position resets itself from time to time.
Also adjusting with CTRL+K is simply not acceptable. I dont want to adjust every car for 1 minute before I can drive!

the seat position remain saved car per car. an option to reset it could be usefull, also a number value to the monitor wich say us wich fov / pitch or seat position we are using at the moment could be a good option.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 11:13

So you cant spare one minute of your life to press a few buttons, that's very sad indeed.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 11:20
So you cant spare one minute of your life to press a few buttons, that's very sad indeed.

honestly, you as a moderator, why do you provoke...? A bit sad indeed that such a provocation is coming directly from a mod.
NO it is UNACCEPTABLE to adjust EVERY car for 1 minute before you can go on track. Also that are not a "few" buttons. As already said in WMD for most cars I need to press 70-100 buttons to get a good driver seat position.
I can spent 3 hours of the game (180+ cars) to do that and as there is the issue that the driver seat position resets itself from time to time I have to re-do this from time to time ..
Sorry, really sorry. but simply not acceptable.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 11:25
So moving your seat up, down, back, forth and changing the angle is something you do without second guessing, yet moving it left to right is "unacceptable"? And here I am simply happy that we can adjust the seat any way we like.

As said, you normally do this adjustment once for every car. There unfoirtunately is a bug that this saved driver seat position resets itself every now and then. But by design it should be saved per car so you dont have to readjust the seat back/forward/up and down everytime again. CTRL+K is NOT saved per car and you have to do that everytime again you load an off-centered car. When that time also the seat position was reset by the game without any reason you have to fiddle the position completely, takes over 1 minute.

MaximusN
26-09-2017, 11:30
^ Why not?
Everytime? I could very well, but I don't want to. :D And it's actually less work to shift my TV left and right(because it's on a desk). If I could save the view I would do it without hassle, but I can't.

What bugs me the most is it is (only) obvious for people who have a wheel because that points out the offset. Gamepad won't even notice the authenticity because they haven't got anything for reference(except maybe a TV or monitor logo). Maybe it's me being autistic, but authenticity isn't always a perfect solution.

Fanapryde
26-09-2017, 11:36
So moving your seat up, down, back, forth and changing the angle is something you do without second guessing, yet moving it left to right is "unacceptable"?
Yes, becausethese settings are saved per car, thus have to be done only once... (if it was not for a bug that resets the settings sometimes)

But the Ctrl-K + A or E (in my case) has to be done over and over again.

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 11:37

so. i don't trust this point for each car written here. but who cares, at the end this is not the point, It is only a sterile diatribe.

the real point is part of the customers have a big problem with this design choice. those with a monitor perfectly centered to the real wheel in the rig.

vice versa, putting the VIRTUAL steering wheel perfectly centered in the image, nobody would have problems. from pad users to wheel users, to vr users.

this thing was patched also in the first one, so please think about it.

thank you.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 11:39
Guys, this is not going to change, so you're wasting your breath.

What don't you guys understand about this?

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 11:41
the camera point of view is slightly rotated to the right, so the seat in angled (or mercedes is not able also to do a plain seat?), the wheel is slightly to the left, and the dash again is to the right. it's called perspective.

this thing to sell mistakes as a great realism design choice is becaming hilarious. mistakes present also in pc1 and corrected with patches.

It's obvious that with the vr it's all perfect. also for pad users is perfect. also for sofa players is perfect. the problem is that seems you don't understand perfectly what we are talking about.

and by the way, my monitor is mounted on an arm, so i don't need button. but I don't like things badly made and sold like realism.

There's no excuses being made and CAD data doesn't lie (unless of course you want to imply that the received reference data for 20+ cars is wrong).
Cars are build not perfectly symmetrical for various reasons, I don't know why this fact is so hard to accept.
The was even a separate thread @WMD2 documenting how devs went through every single again to check if the driver models was in the correct place and the camera was alligned with their eyes.

honestly, you as a moderator, why do you provoke...? A bit sad indeed that such a provocation is coming directly from a mod.
NO it is UNACCEPTABLE to adjust EVERY car for 1 minute before you can go on track. Also that are not a "few" buttons. As already said in WMD for most cars I need to press 70-100 buttons to get a good driver seat position.
I can spent 3 hours of the game (180+ cars) to do that and as there is the issue that the driver seat position resets itself from time to time I have to re-do this from time to time ..
Sorry, really sorry. but simply not acceptable.

What I find sad is a WMD member who continues to publicly complain about something that was explained to him multiple times already in the hope that public pressure will force SMS to change anything about the game to be less realistic, just because of personal preferences.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 11:48
vice versa, putting the VIRTUAL steering wheel perfectly centered in the image, nobody would have problems. from pad users to wheel users, to vr users.

As I already explained, that's not true.

snakehands
26-09-2017, 11:52
I know my E46 has this(and I really really really hate that). But my wheel is at least aligned with the dials. And most simracers will have their wheel in the centre position. So in those authentic cars I can't see some dials. Like the 2002 I tested yesterday I can't see the RPMs because the right side of my wheel is blocking it(which it wouldn't have it it were centered).

Imagine this but then looking through your wheel it would also block the right dial(also RPMs if I'm correct)

You'd be blocking the right most dial with your wheel rim. Plus it looks stupid to put it blandly. I'm all for honest bugs, but this is a step too far in a push for realism where it does the opposite. Anyone arguing for this choice hasn't thought it through much, I'm sorry to say. It's a lot of effort put into making things worse.

Authentic position is a nice touch for gamepad players, but horrible for wheel users(and VR if it's off there too, because then your virtual wheel isn't where your hands are = brain-hurt).

It's no problem in vr because your brain actually 'adopts' the avatar as its own body and it just feels right. Those upset by this alignment issue should just realign their monitors.

Fanapryde
26-09-2017, 11:53
There's no excuses being made and CAD data doesn't lie (unless of course you want to imply that the received reference data for 20+ cars is wrong).
Cars are build not perfectly symmetrical for various reasons, I don't know why this fact is so hard to accept.
I get that.
But while this decision about authenticity is not bothering guys with VR, pads etc...it is clearly bothering people with (multiple) flat screens and dedicated sim rig with fixed steering wheel.
In a car with offset wheel, I still see the gauges where they are supposed to be.
In this game I can not (bar the workaround each time you get in a car that is affected).
Now if that workaround could be saved, I'd be OK with it.
As it is now (and as it has been said that it will not change) I'm not.

Fanapryde
26-09-2017, 11:55
Those upset by this alignment issue should just realign their monitors.
Are you for real ?

snakehands
26-09-2017, 11:59
Everytime I get in such a car? No, just no...

Set up a macro for each car and you'll only have to do it once. You can use voiceattack.

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 12:22
As I already explained, that's not true.

we are speaking about
-the vr guys who walk around the car?
-the vr guys who align the images themselves?
-the vr guys who can use ctrl+k?
-the patches in pc1 to fix the same iusse?
-or i have to assume pcars1 was totally broken?

it's time to stop to making fun of people who explain a problem, justifing everything with desing choices, and giving them always walkaround and calling them lazy (in the lines). i hope pcars1 time is ended.

and we are not hater, we are fan who want a better product.

dominiczeth
26-09-2017, 12:25
Yeah a Macro would help, But it would be a Macro for every car ;)

Anyway i still don't see a problem here. I've driven with 3 Screens and disabled ingamewheel and with perfect alignet Wheel to Display for a long time before i got VR. I never had any problem with that. I don't concentrate on my wheel nor my ingame Dashboard the whole time. If you have time for that you're clearly too slow.
When you don't concentrate on this misalignment you won't notice it after few laps.

It's the same with VR. The Resolution is aweful but after some time (it was a really short time) you don't care and didn't notice it anymore.

I agree that there should be a button to change this, but it's not on the list right now and there are so many people with a similar setup who don't complain so that i don't see that fix anytime soon. SMS won't change this because a few people complaining. There are bigger problems right now where SMS will do something.

DreamsKnight
26-09-2017, 12:32
What don't you guys understand about this?

cause i don't like stupid "so called" design choices who give deliberately problems to costumers. which are the hardcore base of simracing. those who, if they are not satisfied, go out on other communities to say pcars is bad, a symcade just to play with joypad. but it seems to me that the definition does not really like the boss.

do you understand this?

do you understand the diffecerence with the so called "perfect" simracing title?
http://i42.tinypic.com/2crnka9.jpg

GTsimms
26-09-2017, 12:51
I will add this on my F-150. The steering wheel left side measures slightly about 8 5/16 in from the dash board and the right is over is about 8 5/8 in. So, in it is actually about over 7-8 mm off! If, you look directly at the steering wheel from the side. It's very noticeable, that the right side is out further than the left!