PDA

View Full Version : Menu freezing for 10-15 seconds

Aizcold
24-09-2017, 12:17
I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this issue, but whenever I start the game up or when I exit a lobby and return to the menu, the main menu screen is frozen for at least 10 seconds and no matter what button I press I can't select anything or scroll through the menus with L1 and R1. I don't know if the game is still loading at this point (there isn't a loading indicator anywhere) but it is quite annoying. Is this a known issue? Is the game still loading when this happens, but not indicating that it is? Or am I simply dealing with a bug here that will be fixed soon?

Also, anyone else having this issue?

danowat
24-09-2017, 12:19
Yes, I get the same, are you using a ps pro?

Aizcold
24-09-2017, 12:21
Yes, I get the same, are you using a ps pro?

No, I'm on a regular PS4.

solocapers
24-09-2017, 12:28
I get the same issue on PS4 pro.

I believe this problem is known about.

Rodgerzzz
24-09-2017, 14:20
Same for me, seems particularly prevalent in the car selection screen.

maxx69
24-09-2017, 14:27
Annnnnnnd the same for me :mad-new:k

Zenzic
25-09-2017, 07:16
Same here.

seb02
25-09-2017, 07:17
same here

sVig
25-09-2017, 10:05
10-15 seconds? And the rest. I'm having the menus freeze on me for consistently over a minute. Mostly on main menu but still on a lot of others. In fact if I try to setup an offline race and use one of the regulation presets it just completely freezes for over 5 minutes. How has this got through QA?

For the record I'm on a PS4 Pro that's less than 2 months old.

bigair199
25-09-2017, 13:52
The game lags badly all the way through the intro, into the main menu and in the sub-menu's. It doesn't matter what your doing, once you back out of a room your in for some serious wait time. Just getting to the set up screen is a chore because it seems to want to load forever and go through this new shared set up process which is a joke. I love a lot about the game but they took a lot of what worked really good in PCars1 and over-engineered it to the point in longer works. A good example of this is the process of saving setup's for each car for the different tracks. By the time you get to the actual setup screen, make your adjustments and figure out the process of saving it you've lost at least 2-3 minutes of practice or qualifying time. The simple act of changing tire pressure's has turned into a congested nightmare.

ant1897
25-09-2017, 15:58
Same issue here.. Regular PS4. I get menu lag EVERYWHERE. Usually starts off with the into video trying to start at least 2-3 times before it actually plays. The once in the main menu, at least 10-15 seconds before i can make a single input. Same with every menu in the game. Setup menu is laggy too. Totally disapointing. It makes you wonder what kinf of quality control SMS actually has. I mean how can their game testers miss this? I'd be embarassed in their shoes. Once again SMS putting out a half-assed, half funtional buggy POS on release. No skip session option online. UDP not working. External keyboard not working. What a joke.

Daz
25-09-2017, 15:58
I'm getting the same more than a minute delay. When first loaded it's OK but after that does the hanging and unresponsive. I'm on PS4 pro too. Yes setups take ages to load too as does track and car changes. Does make you wonder did it work pre launch or did it do this. If it was fine pre launch then I would think the day 1 patch has caused it but if not what the hell were they thinking releasing it. I would rather have a delayed game that was right and had little issues like we used to get on PS2 and earlier. They had to work or they didn't sell as they couldn't be patched.

ant1897
25-09-2017, 16:00
It'd be nice to have SMS acknowledge this menu lag and hopefully tell us their working on it.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 16:12
It'd be nice to have SMS acknowledge this menu lag and hopefully tell us their working on it.

Their working on it.

sVig
25-09-2017, 17:11
*They're

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 21:01
FFS another spelling expert.
I was quoting him exactly.

Col-T-Parker_
25-09-2017, 21:03
I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this issue, but whenever I start the game up or when I exit a lobby and return to the menu, the main menu screen is frozen for at least 10 seconds and no matter what button I press I can't select anything or scroll through the menus with L1 and R1. I don't know if the game is still loading at this point (there isn't a loading indicator anywhere) but it is quite annoying. Is this a known issue? Is the game still loading when this happens, but not indicating that it is? Or am I simply dealing with a bug here that will be fixed soon?

Also, anyone else having this issue?

same here, normal ps4

Vendrah
25-09-2017, 22:04
Man, I was going to post a new topic for this issue.

I made a video to make this issue as clear as possible.
For me, each time that pass this is getting worse. It used to be 10-15 seconds. Now it is taking a minute and the time keeps increasing. My PC2 is becoming unplayable!!!

Info: PS4 Pro, Digital Deluxe Edition. Half of the HD is clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSu9Gqhnrbs

Important notes

1 - The screen really becomes gray on the beginning of the video, it is not a issue from PS4.
2 - While the game is frozen, every external music or voice chat (party) works completely ok. I can press PS and scroll throught PS4 menus with no problems at all.
3 - The races are working completely fine.
4 - The issue while selecting cars, the one that it starts switching views of cars and category/factory mode, becomes from the wheel and the pedals (I have to press them to stop and I had forgot to) and it doesnt belong to the game.
5 - When I started the game at the very first moment, in friday, everything was normal and menus were faster than they were in PC 1.
6 - I know I already said that but I need to repeat: Its getting slower and worse each day!!!!!!!

Same issue here.. Regular PS4. I get menu lag EVERYWHERE. Usually starts off with the into video trying to start at least 2-3 times before it actually plays. The once in the main menu, at least 10-15 seconds before i can make a single input. Same with every menu in the game. Setup menu is laggy too. Totally disapointing. It makes you wonder what kinf of quality control SMS actually has. I mean how can their game testers miss this? I'd be embarassed in their shoes. Once again SMS putting out a half-assed, half funtional buggy POS on release. No skip session option online. UDP not working. External keyboard not working. What a joke.

This is not happening for everyone, just for some unlucky people like us.

Ronald Jackson
25-09-2017, 22:06
Adding my name to the list.

I noticed the freezing most, when I navigate to the Tuning menu and use Edit or the Engineer. I normally have to wait about 10 seconds before it will recognize input. Once I did have a freeze for about 30 seconds after backing out to the main menu after a race.

PS4 Pro
PCARS2 installed on external HDD

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 22:07
Check this thread out..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52755-Menu-hang-FIXED!&p=1366883#post1366883

Vendrah
25-09-2017, 22:14
Check this thread out..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52755-Menu-hang-FIXED!&p=1366883#post1366883

Thank you very much.
I dont like the game career so I got zero races done.
I havent developed any setup for real, just some quick fixes.
Got nothing to lose.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 22:15
^ Thanks for the info by the way.

sVig
26-09-2017, 13:57
FFS another spelling expert.
I was quoting him exactly.

lol sry

chickano
26-09-2017, 15:18
I get this all the time also, in career, MP, everytime you go through a menu creen it freees for 15 secs, PS4.

Aizcold
26-09-2017, 17:16

How is that even called a work around? I'm sorry, but deleting all my set ups and saved progress to fix an issue like this is far from ideal. And if the issue is caused by saves, then I would assume it would also return after saving a number of set ups again. Which makes the suggestion posted in that thread even less of a viable work around.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game and appreciate that your post was meant to be helpful, but unless you can tell me with certainty that after deleting all my saves the problem will not simply come back after I've saved some new data that really isn't very helpful at all.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 17:47
It's just a workaround for now, not a fix!
It's not ideal obviously.

Aizcold
26-09-2017, 18:06
I guess we agree on it not being ideal then :D Let's hope a patch is incoming soon. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, but I guess I'll just continue playing around with my phone while the menu freezes for now.

mataman
26-09-2017, 22:02
I've deleted only my car setups and everything is back to normal. Stupid thing is, that game forces you to save setup EVERY time.

Vendrah
27-09-2017, 20:49
I did it and it works. Deleted all save data.
And then, it cameback slowly as usual.
Then...

I've deleted only my car setups and everything is back to normal. Stupid thing is, that game forces you to save setup EVERY time.

Then someone at GTPlanet told me that, I tried today and it works. No need to reset my settings. Its a good workaround while we wait. Hope this gets fixed on patch 1.

slif
28-09-2017, 11:56
Th By the time you get to the actual setup screen, make your adjustments and figure out the process of saving it you've lost at least 2-3 minutes of practice or qualifying time. The simple act of changing tire pressure's has turned into a congested nightmare. yes bigair, very yes.

yes, on the ps pro
it feels like its waiting on network as sometimes there is a slight response (the image of the car moves in from the left) then hangs a bit more, then becomes responsive after 10-20 secs.
tried wired and wireless, same result

Lord_Flexington
28-09-2017, 13:17
Just checking in. This happens to mee 2 and it REALLY kills my ability to play with my friends online. Its so frusturating. Last night i had to wait almost 2 minutes. Just nothing happeneing.

Vendrah
08-11-2017, 01:19
Thanks SMS, this has been fixed in the latest patch.
Menus are now fine (at least for me and every friend of mine).