PDA

View Full Version : 100 steps of ABS & TC

Coanda
24-09-2017, 13:27
It has been raised here http://http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51586-V8SC-Wrong-tuning-options cars are showing incorrect electronic aids on the UI, pit tuning & car management menu. For cars that do have ABS & TC i find having 100 steps adjustable on the fly to be majorly inaccurate and also not very user friendly whilst racing. At maximum these cars will have between 1-12 steps and will vary depending on manufacturer. Can this logic be changed to accurately reflect real life racing?

hugopro4
24-09-2017, 13:30
I would also like to have increments of 10 percent, would be so much easier to fiddle with while racing. It'd be also great to have a key binding for increase/decrease TC/ABS so you don't have to got to the menu every time.

Fight-Test
24-09-2017, 13:42
I would also like to have increments of 10 percent, would be so much easier to fiddle with while racing. It'd be also great to have a key binding for increase/decrease TC/ABS so you don't have to got to the menu every time.

Did you map them to your button box or controller?

msmith792
24-09-2017, 15:42
Yeah, I find this incredibly frustrating as well.

GT3 cars mostly have 1-12 settings in real life for ABS/TC. You can see the settings on the dash of most wheels in these cars, but for some reason we get a manually adjusted 0.01-0.99 ratio. Really don't like this. 1-10 or 1-12 like it should be please.

CodeCmdr
24-09-2017, 17:26
Also: can the ICM ABS/TCS settings please get saved permanently for the car? I hate having to set my ABS to 100 every time I exit the pits!

hugopro4
24-09-2017, 18:17
Also: can the ICM ABS/TCS settings please get saved permanently for the car? I hate having to set my ABS to 100 every time I exit the pits!

You can change it in the setup if i recall correctly.

Joshude
24-09-2017, 18:29
Thanks for this thread! I was about to ask the same.

Also i'm not very shure what those values mean. TC 01 = 1% slip is allowed where TC 100 = 100% slip is allowed (so technically "off")?
Same for ABS?

Thanks! And yes, that needs to be fixed. For streetcars, too. Just make it toggle through all the options. Off-1-2....n
That'd be great :)

Stephamiel
24-09-2017, 18:52

Hi
I second that ,we really need to be able to asign tc+- abs +- and mix +- to keys
On some cars you can see tc and abs levels on their motec but it's not working atm ,would be a nice feature :)
cheers

unknwn
24-09-2017, 19:50
What's the difference of HIGH vs LOW ABS in gameplay settings? Regardless of which i choose it shows 85 ABS in the in-car management.

TylerDurden4321
24-09-2017, 19:52
Thanks for this thread! I was about to ask the same.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1363784
Also i'm not very shure what those values mean. TC 01 = 1% slip is allowed where TC 100 = 100% slip is allowed (so technically "off")?
Same for ABS?

Thanks! And yes, that needs to be fixed. For streetcars, too. Just make it toggle through all the options. Off-1-2....n
That'd be great :)

Bolded is correct. A typical literature value of 10% slip ratio for giving the highest straight line acceleration. The pCARS 2 standard of 0.09.

I also wish we could define TCS presets (preset 1 = 0.05, preset 2 = 0.09, preset 3 = 0.12, preset 3 = 0.17) that are selectable with an assigned button (like with the TCS dial found in real GT3 and LMP cars). Same for ABS.
Also, when I turn on "authentic" assists, the buttons to turn them off sometimes don't work. I've had the game saying "ABS N/A" when trying to deactivate ABS in a car that has ABS and the ABS is on and working... in multiple cars ->bugged.

And one more wish: Being able to select each assist (TCS, ABS, ESP) to be on, off, low, high, OR AUTHENTIC. Not just authentic for all. Because I really don't need intrusive ESP that slows me down.

Diluvian
24-09-2017, 19:57
I would also like to have increments of 10 percent

I don't support that. When I'm finding the limits of my car and the tires it's about a small range where the TC & ABS settings change the car's behaviour drastically. I don't want to jump around 10% which would be ridiculous. In a race you're about to change the TC settings around single percentages to compensate the gain/loss in grip during the environmental changes / tire wear / tire temps in the race. Set your TC and ABS settings in the car setup and as soon as you need a change in TC and ABS while racing you only need single percentages to get back the feeling you want to have. This tool is for serious racing and I'm pretty sure there is almost no scenario where you have to change TC 10%, 20% or even more while racing.

hugopro4
24-09-2017, 20:01
I don't support that. When I'm finding the limits of my car and the tires it's about a small range where the TC & ABS settings change the car's behaviour drastically. I don't want to jump around 10% which would be ridiculous. In a race you're about to change the TC settings around single percentages to compensate the gain/loss in grip during the environmental changes / tire wear / tire temps in the race. Set your TC and ABS settings in the car setup and as soon as you need a change in TC and ABS while racing you only need single percentages to get back the feeling you want to have. This tool is for serious racing and I'm pretty sure there is almost no scenario where you have to change TC 10%, 20% or even more while racing.

This suggestion would be the best of both worlds then: :)

I also wish we could define TCS presets (preset 1 = 0.05, preset 2 = 0.09, preset 3 = 0.12, preset 3 = 0.17) that are selectable with an assigned button (like with the TCS dial found in real GT3 and LMP cars). Same for ABS.

Coanda
25-09-2017, 05:27

If you looking for "serious racing" then what you have described is not it & not a true reflection on real life racing.

Higgy
17-12-2017, 17:21
Is there any solution?

i made a button box with rotary encoder (12 steps) and would like to bind it to a key so i can increase/decrease TC/ABS in small steps like in the ICM menu.
But in the menu is only a key assignment ABS/TC which allows off, low, high... :/

DayGlow
17-12-2017, 20:02
Would love to see encoder support for TC and ABS in game as well. If theyare available in the real car they should be represented in game.

msmith792
18-12-2017, 16:48
I just saw this post. Yes, I would like the real world ABS and TC steps as well. Most cars have the dials with the steps printed on them already. Ideally, the knob on the wheel would move too, but i'll settle for just the real world steps.

No need to reinvent the wheel. AC and iRacing have implemented this properly in my opinion. I'd like to see a similar system.