PDA

View Full Version : Simucube OSW settings

Jaze
24-09-2017, 13:55
Share your Simucube OSW settings here.

I,ll post mine when i got something to post.

Now i have good setup for rallycross, but not whit other cars.

SimonJ
24-09-2017, 14:27
Jack Spade alternative mid compressor file used and Simucube below

dpj463
25-09-2017, 16:55
I would love to share my settings but unfortunately my OSW is not receiving ANY ffb info from the game..........lol

Zand3rs
25-09-2017, 18:42
I would love to share my settings but unfortunately my OSW is not receiving ANY ffb info from the game..........lol

If you ever figure out why let me know because i have the exact same problem!

dpj463
25-09-2017, 20:08
If you ever figure out why let me know because i have the exact same problem!

I finally got it working about an hour ago.
1. I went to device manager and uninstalled every usb device under the human interface section.
2. I then went to devices and uninstalled all my fanatec devices button boxes and my wheel.
3. I then went to windows update and installed an update that showed up today.
4. I then unplugged every usb device except keyboard/mouse and the osw but I turned off the wheel
5. rebooted computer
6. turned on the osw
7. went to game controllers in devices and clicked on properties of the osw. clicked on test and moved the wheel to lock left and lock right to make sure windows recognized the wheel.
8. launched simcube configurator ( I have the new beta) otherwise launch Mmos
9. Launched Steam
10. Launched PC2
11. went to quick play race
12. Started race to get on track then paused.
13. went to options and edit assignments
14. Clicked on left movement .....turned wheel left but not all the way to lock position. I then returned wheel to center and it was recognized !!!!!!
15. repeated for right movement.
16. Resumed race and........ I had FFB !!!!!!!
17. I then exited out of race and game.
18. Exited game and Steam and shutdown
19. Rebooted and launched Steam, then PC2 and checked to make sure I still had FFB.....yes!
20. Exited Steam and PC2
21. Reconnected all my devices....pedals, shifter, button boxes,
22. Restarted computer
23. Launched Steam, PC2
24. Went into options and configured pedals, shifter, and mapped all buttons
25. Exited and restarted computer
26. Launched Steam, PC2 and went racing for about 30 minutes
27. Opened liquor cabinet and am gittin' drunk.....
Tommorrow will reconnect Rift and go at it again.......

Zand3rs
25-09-2017, 22:08
I finally got it working about an hour ago.
1. I went to device manager and uninstalled every usb device under the human interface section.
2. I then went to devices and uninstalled all my fanatec devices button boxes and my wheel.
3. I then went to windows update and installed an update that showed up today.
4. I then unplugged every usb device except keyboard/mouse and the osw but I turned off the wheel
5. rebooted computer
6. turned on the osw
7. went to game controllers in devices and clicked on properties of the osw. clicked on test and moved the wheel to lock left and lock right to make sure windows recognized the wheel.
8. launched simcube configurator ( I have the new beta) otherwise launch Mmos
9. Launched Steam
10. Launched PC2
11. went to quick play race
12. Started race to get on track then paused.
13. went to options and edit assignments
14. Clicked on left movement .....turned wheel left but not all the way to lock position. I then returned wheel to center and it was recognized !!!!!!
15. repeated for right movement.
16. Resumed race and........ I had FFB !!!!!!!
17. I then exited out of race and game.
18. Exited game and Steam and shutdown
19. Rebooted and launched Steam, then PC2 and checked to make sure I still had FFB.....yes!
20. Exited Steam and PC2
21. Reconnected all my devices....pedals, shifter, button boxes,
22. Restarted computer
23. Launched Steam, PC2
24. Went into options and configured pedals, shifter, and mapped all buttons
25. Exited and restarted computer
26. Launched Steam, PC2 and went racing for about 30 minutes
27. Opened liquor cabinet and am gittin' drunk.....
Tommorrow will reconnect Rift and go at it again.......

Take a few drinks for me to and maybe ill figure it out in the meantime :)

Andrew_WOT
25-09-2017, 22:28
I would jump straight to 27. :)

Someone suggested earlier to use TM profile instead of Custom and just remap pedals.

finagle69
25-09-2017, 22:38
I guess I don't understand how you can steer but not have FFB. The editing of assignments is what locks the FFB signal to that device, in this case the SimuCUBE device.

dpj463
25-09-2017, 22:49
I guess I don't understand how you can steer but not have FFB. The editing of assignments is what locks the FFB signal to that device, in this case the SimuCUBE device.

I don't understand it either. When I first got the game to recognize left and right, I got in a race and steered ok. No ffb felt, no ffb indicating in the ffb widget...It was if the game was not transmitting it.......
A very strange issue....
Tis ok.....it works now and now I am happy at least I can race....even with the other bugs and issues. I am sure they will continue to work on this game and it will improve......eventually.

Zand3rs
25-09-2017, 22:49

Everything works perfectly, Wheel, pedals, shifter buttons, knobs, buttons, etc its all set up and good to go but i dont get any FFB. Aparently there is a few people who have the same problem.
It might be on my end with USB ports or such buti tried them all and tried all other games that work with the Wheel and they all have force feedback.

its strange indeed!

dpj463
25-09-2017, 22:50
I would jump straight to 27. :)

Someone suggested earlier to use TM profile instead of Custom and just remap pedals.

LOL... I should have started with step 27...at least I would not have been so stressed.....lol

I did try the TM profile but no luck.

Bolibompa
27-09-2017, 05:42
Everything works perfectly, Wheel, pedals, shifter buttons, knobs, buttons, etc its all set up and good to go but i dont get any FFB. Aparently there is a few people who have the same problem.
It might be on my end with USB ports or such buti tried them all and tried all other games that work with the Wheel and they all have force feedback.

its strange indeed!

I guess you have FFB in other games? Otherwise look for fault codes in Granity.

SimonJ
27-09-2017, 07:22
I guess you have FFB in other games? Otherwise look for fault codes in Granity.

deleting P cars 2 folder in My docs and verifying game and re setting up wheel worked for him :)

Andrew_WOT
27-09-2017, 16:17
Which FFB profiles people are using with OSW?
Have tried Jack's alt low comp, liked at first but then reverted to RAW as found it more consistent and "weighty", Jack's felt light and spiky at the same time.
Anything else out there, what do you use?

finagle69
27-09-2017, 18:50
I've been using Standard Low Comp from Jack. Turning FX down to 10 or even 0. With the beta CUBE sw recon filter at 5, TBW at 1000-ish. It really feels excellent for most cars.

Andrew_WOT
29-09-2017, 18:25
Jack just added DD specific profiles
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Tony Rickard
29-09-2017, 18:38
I guess I don't understand how you can steer but not have FFB. The editing of assignments is what locks the FFB signal to that device, in this case the SimuCUBE device.The most confused my PC and I have been was with F1-2017. I had an OSW and a G25 plugged in, assigned steering to my OSW and started driving and the steering worked fine but the G25 was vibrating next to me as I turned!