PDA

View Full Version : T100 not recognized

lmntr
24-09-2017, 14:07
I am here asking if you can work out that the t100 will eventually be able to play with PCars2 as you did in PCars. I remember then, at first it was not compatible but it was later listed as such. We T100 owners always had to follow a ‘trick” procedure in order to use it in PCars but it worked nevertheless. So It will be much appreciated if you did the same with PCars2. I am sure there are many T100 owners that would be glad if this was to be. Thank you.

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 14:09
Nope, this Time not Possible.

The T100 is not licensed for the PS4 from Sony.

Since the Devs Needs to use the newest SDK (without T100 Support), there is nothing they can do. (Blame Sony)

However, Google for Drive Hub, that's a possiblity to get your Wheel Unofficially working...

lmntr
24-09-2017, 14:18

Since the Devs Needs to use the newest SDK (without T100 Support), there is nothing they can do. (Blame Sony)

However, Google for Drive Hub, that's a possiblity to get your Wheel Unofficially working...

Thanks, I will research that.

LPlates
24-09-2017, 14:19

Source regarding the SDK limitation?

solocapers
24-09-2017, 14:47
Source regarding the SDK limitation?

Ian Bell posted earlier today about it not being in the latest SDK - Id like to note, not that it matters, that is not Sony who would provide this SDK but would actually be Thrustmaster (This "blame Sony" statement that is constantly used is hugely unprofessional from the mods in here.)

However its quite incredible that F1 2017 which was released a month ago supports it.

In any case its awfully convenient that they pulled support in the space of a month before this came out huh?

:toppa:

lmntr
24-09-2017, 22:31
Okay, reading the other replies left me uneasy. All good points. Siberian Tiger, I do not know what 1/2 WMD means, Was your statement official? By the way, I looked at Hub Drive as suggested and the T100 is not listed as their compatible wheels. I do notice at least of couple of other game applications list the T100 as supported along with the T80. Now, I noticed that the T80 is compatible with PCars2 but not T100; what ever that means.

Dandanman94
25-09-2017, 10:23
I do notice at least of couple of other game applications list the T100 as supported along with the T80. Now, I noticed that the T80 is compatible with PCars2 but not T100; what ever that means.

The T80 is officially licensed for the PS4 whereas the T100 isn't. That is why the T80 is supported by PCars 2 and not the T100.

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 10:25
No one is lying to you guys so cut the conspiracy theory rubbish. If Sony don't support it we 'can't' support it. End of discussion.

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 10:26
Ian Bell posted earlier today about it not being in the latest SDK - Id like to note, not that it matters, that is not Sony who would provide this SDK but would actually be Thrustmaster (This "blame Sony" statement that is constantly used is hugely unprofessional from the mods in here.)
No, it's Sony telling the wheel vendors what wheels they can put in the PS4 SDK, i.e. which wheels are officially licensed/supported on the PS4. Wheel vendors have no interest at all in leaving out certain wheels out of the SDK.

However its quite incredible that F1 2017 which was released a month ago supports it.
Yep, the SDK change happened between F1 2017's release and pC2's release. There's a realistic chance that if Codemasters brings out a patch for F1 2017 on PS4 in the future, the T100 suddenly isn't supported anymore.