PDA

View Full Version : What's going on? Random Disconnects, freezes etc

R8byb
24-09-2017, 14:38
New to forum sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Firstly the game is fantastic, when it works.

Online:

Join a lobby, sometimes game freezes.

Sometimes you enter and a race has began that you can only spectate.

Sometimes I'll enter a lobby, and the game randomly disconnects me.

FYI I have fibre broadband and it is definetly not a broadband issue.

The other thing, why can't I change the final drive on most cars, the gearing on gt3 cars is way to long for most circuits.

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 14:41
GT3 Cars has FIA Homologated Gear Ratios. No changes Possible like in RL.

For the Connection Issues... I don't know if you can see Lobby Details on Console, but on PC you can see in which Session the Lobby is. (And therefore if it's feasible to join)

It's not only your Connection that Counts... The Connection from the Host has to be the most stable.

Ah, and please change your Platform in Profile (Control Panel) to Xbox... Thanks...

R8byb
24-09-2017, 14:44
Well I don't believe that the 7-8 different games I've just tried all have dodgy hosts.

Thanks for the info on gt3 gearings.

I just don't understand, why lobby's that are all ready racing are showing up in the search, and basically why online simply doesn't work. I've had two online races over the past few days, both were brilliant but 80% of the time has been spent actually trying to have a race where it doesn't crash on the loading screen, fail to load race, disconnect after you've just left the pits.

Also on Xbox version you can see, where the session should be L P Q R, however you'll join one on P and they'll be 6 laps into a race for example.

Just Another Frog
24-09-2017, 15:11
Also on Xbox version you can see, where the session should be L P Q R, however you'll join one on P and they'll be 6 laps into a race for example.

In fairness to the op this along with the disconnects does happen quite frequently with the worst case scenario of a disconnect being a complete crash to XB1 dashboard. Only twice but it has happened. Regarding game freezing, I think he means the glitching when new racers join the lobby.

R8byb
24-09-2017, 15:16
Created my own lobby, 9 car race no issue. It happens a lot for me. I really
Hope it's sorted as when I actually have a race it's brilliant. I used to play pcars1 most evenings with 0 issues.