PDA

View Full Version : Engineer through controller only?

Aletdownofstate
24-09-2017, 14:43
Is it possible to get messages from the engineer to come through the TV rather than through the controller? I use a wheel, so to use a mic when playing online I have to have a controller plugged in, and this seems to default the engineer through the awful onboard speaker with no obvious way to change it as far as I'm aware. This means in most situations the engineer is silent (I have the speaker muted on controller) meaning I'm having to rely on subtitles which is somewhat inconvenient.

Could be changed on PC1 as far as I remember.

Aizcold
24-09-2017, 15:39
As I recall we could change it to come through TV speakers in Project CARS 1, but not in Project CARS 2. I too would like this option back. I don't want to have to use the controller all the time to hear the engineer or spotter. Would be nice to hear from a SMS employee if this will be possible soon and if this issue is on their radar...

Madwak55
24-09-2017, 15:45
In the PS4 audio devices set output all to headphones, then in the game audio menu set headphone mix - my engineer comes through on my TB 520 wireless headset just fine

Aizcold
24-09-2017, 16:06
I'd like it to come through my TV though. I don't usually use headphones... At the moment there is no option for that like there was in Project CARS 1. Seems like a rather easy thing to add.

anlygi
24-09-2017, 16:19
I'd like this too. Surely using headphone mix will lose surround sound?

Aletdownofstate
24-09-2017, 18:21
In the PS4 audio devices set output all to headphones, then in the game audio menu set headphone mix - my engineer comes through on my TB 520 wireless headset just fine

No, if I wanted to do that, I would have already.

I don't want it directly into my ears at all when I'm trying to hear other people speak. A conversation, game audio and the engineer is far too much, especially considering most stereo headsets aren't particularly good on PS4 unless you spend crazy money. Also won't help people who don't have a stereo headset.

davidt33
24-09-2017, 20:36
I'm glad you asked this Aletdownofstate. I do have a wireless headset I use for online lobby racing but other than that I play the game with audio from TV as I'm accustomed doing previously on Pcars1 with my G29 wheel. Firing up Pcars2 and doing some browsing and testing I also noticed as soon as the Race Engineer's voice started his voice switched from TV to controller (which instantly made whatever he said inaudible). I found this switch very strange and would much prefer how it was before....Through the TV audio using G29 wheel when I'm not using the headset or controller, and via headset when using headset. That's what was normal in Pcars1 and expected it to be same. I'm hoping this will be fixed or find a solution. It's very odd indeed.

EDIT: UPDATE.
I don't know how it happened but miraculously the race engineer returned. I heard the audio while racing in online lobby using my headphone. Don't know if it would be there in regular play on TV yet without headphone though as haven't gotten a chance to do any Career racing yet with audio from TV.

Xterno50
25-09-2017, 07:40
Nope, there is no in-game option to change that. Pretty lame knowing every game has it, and PC1 had the same issue.

Only thing i can do is set my audio settings to "all audio" and that way i lose some of the features Astro a50 has. FIX IT GODDAMN IT

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 07:51
Is it possible to get messages from the engineer to come through the TV rather than through the controller? I use a wheel, so to use a mic when playing online I have to have a controller plugged in, and this seems to default the engineer through the awful onboard speaker with no obvious way to change it as far as I'm aware. This means in most situations the engineer is silent (I have the speaker muted on controller) meaning I'm having to rely on subtitles which is somewhat inconvenient.

Could be changed on PC1 as far as I remember.

Quick reminder that the engineer's voice sounds like it's coming from a low bandwidth communications device either way. I play the game both on XBox (engineer voice through my 5.1 home theatre) and PS4 (engineer voice through my controller). The sound quality of the engineer voice is more or less the same.

I understand the request to have an option to have the voice come through the speakers, but I want to add as well that I really enjoy the engineer voice through the controller on PS4, it's really immersive as my 5.1 surround spreads the positional audio of the car nicely over the room, while the engineer is really close to me with that controller.

ohjeah
25-09-2017, 10:52
Would be great if they fixed this. Race engineer and spotter are useless features now when using headphones on ps4. Using the "output all audio to headphones" is not really an option as you will lose control of chat audio then.

mass control
25-09-2017, 14:25
Need to turn off ps4 controler so comes to tv speakers which is strange there not a option in game option to have from controler speaker or tv speakers when controler still on.
The same as was with project cars 1.
Most if not all other ps4 games that can use speaker ps4 controler have this option if can use ps4 controler speaker or not.

redrumerog
05-10-2017, 02:20
So far I've noticed that when I started the game fresh after downloading it the race engineer was present, i was using my g29, when i stopped playing and shut off the game the next time i started up the game the race engineer was no where to be found, couldn't hear him at all, if i turn the controller on he's able to be heard but turning off or having it turned off to begin with has no effect, and sometimes out of no where a message will come through and be heard but the majority of the time he's silent

redrumerog
05-10-2017, 02:24
Ive been trying to figure it out and i know it has nothing to do with a game save issue as ive deleted my all my saves, just as an attempt to diagnose this issue