PDA

View Full Version : Clean Racing Formula Rookie Championship Season 1

Skilltacular1988
24-09-2017, 14:56
Since the registration went pretty fast and we already have a full room we can look ahead for the start of the season.
But first a little warm up in the pre season test race with season rules.

Information:
Have fun, have some good battles out there but remember to keep each other alive and races are not won in the first corner.
Try to avoid each other, give each other some space, wait a corner or even a lap for your chance to overtake so no silly mistakes will be made and have drivers out of the race because of this.
Reckless driving will be further investigated so when you have had some trouble with a driver please upload video footage so further action can be taken.
Every driver chooses a car number and livery before season start, remember to select this before the race.

Race Class:Formula Rookie

Pre Season Test Race: 01/10/17 Time:08:00PM Uk Time
Knockhill Racing Circuit - International Reverse Circuit

Tracklist
Season start: 08/10/17 Time:08:00PM Uk Time
08/10/17 Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - National Circuit
15/10/17 Donington - Grand Prix Circuit
22/10/17 Sakitto - International
29/10/17 Silverstone - International
05/11/17 Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Short Circuit
12/11/17 Brands Hatch - Grand Prix Circuit
19/11/17 Hockenheimring - National Circuit
26/11/17 Imola - Grand Prix Circuit
03/12/17 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Grand Prix Circuit
10/12/17 Red Bull Ring - National Circuit
17/12/17 Nurburgring - Sprint Circuit

Race Settings
Practice: 30 Minutes
Qualification: 15 Minutes
Race Time: 30 Minutes
Weather: Clear
Season: Spring
Start Type: Standing
Mandatory Pitstop: No

Rules & Penalties
Track Limit Penalties: On
Allowable Time Penalty: 5 Seconds
Drive-Through: On
Pit Exit Penalty: On
Competitive Racing License: Off

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine: Yes
Force Interior View: Yes
Force Driving Line Off: Yes
Force Default Setups: No
Force Manual Gears: Yes
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Allow Anti-Lock Brakes: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Allow Stability Control: No
Collisions: Yes
Damage Type: Full Damage
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Pit Stop Errors: No
Tyre Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Championship is full!
If your still interested please respond here so you can be placed on the waiting list, it can happen that people wont show up, so you will get a invite.

Participants 12/12:
Skilltacular1988
Cool3r King
ITUD
Notorious
Riverside
Dimmo_44
Browny29
witteg29
Arnaud Blondeel
Yves6229
Lord_lose_alot
theblacknight04

Reserve List:
ECT CHEF UBoG
Saull93

If your still interested please respond here so you can be placed on the waiting list, it can happen that people wont show up, so you will get a invite.
When still interested just post below with your steam account name that is needed for race invitation or post something below or go to http://cleanracing.boards.net/thread/4/cr-rookie-championship-season-1 and register on the website.

Skilltacular1988
24-09-2017, 16:57
Still enough spots open here :)

Coolerking
24-09-2017, 17:21
I’ll have a crack at that mate. My name is Cool3r King on steam.. I’m pretty hopeless at the moment though!
Cheers buddy

Skilltacular1988
24-09-2017, 17:43
I’ll have a crack at that mate. My name is Cool3r King on steam.. I’m pretty hopeless at the moment though!
Cheers buddy

Great to have you onboard mate :)
Well im not that great as well haha.

Notorious
24-09-2017, 17:49
Sounds like fun. I'm in!

My Steam profile may be a bit hard to find when searching for my Steam name so here's a link:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198149955766/

BOOZER
24-09-2017, 18:10
i like to join on that project to :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ITUD

Riverside
24-09-2017, 18:24
I am the other side of the world (PNW US) but would like to join, I may only be able to do every other week but will try every time

Thks!

Skilltacular1988
24-09-2017, 18:52
Great to see that there is alread such a interest :)
Keep an eye out here or on the website http://cleanracing.boards.net/thread/4/cr-rookie-championship-season-1 for further information regarding the pre season test race and tracklist.
Also do you guys mind voting on the website for what class you prefer, it is in the link above.

Coolerking
24-09-2017, 20:05
Is this starting tonight? As in now?

Skilltacular1988
24-09-2017, 20:10
Is this starting tonight? As in now?

No starting date is to be announced.
When we got like 9 drivers or so i will announce a starting date.

We will have a pre season test race first, i will update everyon as soon as possible.

Coolerking
24-09-2017, 20:11
No worries. Cheers buddy..

Riverside
24-09-2017, 20:24
I am the other side of the world (PNW US) but would like to join, I may only be able to do every other week but will try every time

Thks!

My steam profile at: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198213325255/

Skilltacular1988
26-09-2017, 04:30
We still got some spots open :D

Dimmo_44
26-09-2017, 08:25
Dimmo_44 👌

Browny29
26-09-2017, 08:26
Hi I'd like to joing.

Because I'm new I cant post links so remove te asterisks.
steamcommunity.*com*/profiles/76561198042131468/

Witte29
26-09-2017, 13:28
I would like to join. My account name is witteg29

Arnaud Blondeel
26-09-2017, 17:18
Book one slot for me plz :cool:

Skilltacular1988
26-09-2017, 19:36
I would like to join. My account name is witteg29

Is it witte29? without the G? Because i cant find you on steam.

Skilltacular1988
26-09-2017, 19:37

Thats great mate!
What is your steam name?

Skilltacular1988
26-09-2017, 19:39
Great to see such interest already :)

For the guys who didnt vote yet for your favorite class please do so on: http://cleanracing.boards.net/thread/4/cr-rookie-championship-season-1

Browny29
26-09-2017, 21:19
Is it witte29? without the G? Because i cant find you on steam.

It's Witte29 I just checked. He is a friend of mine

Skilltacular1988
26-09-2017, 22:02
It's Witte29 I just checked. He is a friend of mine

Skilltacular1988
26-09-2017, 22:03
As we have 9 registrations so far im thinking about doing the pre season test race this sunday.

How does that sound everbody?

theblacknight
27-09-2017, 02:21
I would like to join if possible please. Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/theblacknight04/

Lord_lose_alot
27-09-2017, 06:21
I'd like to join too, I am definitely a rookie. I tried the online experience with mixed results, finding some structure would definitely make it more enjoyable. On Steam I also use the name Lord_lose_alot, so I dont expect to be on the podium too often :-). Looking forward to some clean racing. Will we be notified by mail on when to be ready?

Coolerking
27-09-2017, 06:36
As we have 9 registrations so far im thinking about doing the pre season test race this sunday.

This Sunday is fine by me. I’m away the following Sunday, the 8th though..

Browny29
27-09-2017, 07:18

I already have plans this sunday

Witte29
27-09-2017, 09:19

I'm currently on a vacation. I'll be home on the 2th of october.

Nice to see my nickname issue solved it self :D

Witte29
27-09-2017, 09:23
I see CRL is turned off. Is there a reason why?

Yveshoi
27-09-2017, 09:25
I would like to join. Yves6229

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 09:59
I already have plans this sunday
Forgot to mention the time
Sunday night 9pm uk time

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 10:02

Did you add me on steam?
If not please give your steam name

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 10:15
Tonight i will announce tracklist and the upcoming track on sunday for pre season test race. Please vote here for your favorite class: http://cleanracing.boards.net/thread/4/cr-rookie-championship-season-1

Touring Car is going ahead now.

theblacknight
27-09-2017, 10:37
Tonight i will announce tracklist and the upcoming track on sunday for pre season test race. Please vote here for your favorite class: http://cleanracing.boards.net/thread/4/cr-rookie-championship-season-1

Touring Car is going ahead now.

Can you add me on steam pls: http://steamcommunity.com/id/theblacknight04/

Can i ask what were using for voice control for the championship pls? Discord?

Witte29
27-09-2017, 11:46
Upcomming sunday i'm not available but for the rest of the races is 8 pm uk time an option for starting? If the rest agrees offcourse

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 14:52
Original post is updated now with the tracklist.
Hope everyone enjoys is :)

ECT CHEF
27-09-2017, 16:41
I think I can make a few of these events steam is ECT CHEF UBoG

Lord_lose_alot
27-09-2017, 17:26
Hi guys, I'm curious how the competition will go, I hope I can compete a little. In most online matches I'm struggling in the back, on a good day in the midfield. I'm hoping to get some more experience and improve my driving. I was wondering what settings you guys use in general in the driving aids section. (anti-blocking, breakassist etc.)
Do you shift manual or use automatic gears? Are any options enforced in the competition, e.g. cockpit view only ?

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 17:39
Hi guys, I'm curious how the competition will go, I hope I can compete a little. In most online matches I'm struggling in the back, on a good day in the midfield. I'm hoping to get some more experience and improve my driving. I was wondering what settings you guys use in general in the driving aids section. (anti-blocking, breakassist etc.)
Do you shift manual or use automatic gears? Are any options enforced in the competition, e.g. cockpit view only ?

Im curious how the competition is as well, im racing midfield most of the times. Thats why i think this competition is great because of its rookie status, drivers like us can learn and get more experienced. Im gonna make a thread for setups etc on the other forum so people from within the championship can share there setups, we are rookies so i hope everyone is gonna help each other where possible.

I will create a thread tonight on the other forum and will share some of my setups, wheel settings etc..

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 20:30
Formula Rookie going ahead now in the poll :cool:

Skilltacular1988
27-09-2017, 20:31
I think I can make a few of these events steam is ECT CHEF UBoG

Ive added you to the reserve list mate, championship already full but there is always a big chance someone doesnt show up

Lord_lose_alot
28-09-2017, 07:03
I haven't hosted any sessions, so I am not sure but it looks like the session host determines what the settings are that will be used with regards to the driving aids, like automatic/manual, anti-locking, brake assists etc.
Can you let us know what the settings are that will be used? I would like to get in a few rounds of practice. If the used settings are very different from what I am using I'm sure to end up dead last.
For example, I joined some sessions that enforced cockpit view, and that takes some getting used to. I've been mostly using the view where you can see the hood of the car.

Skilltacular1988
29-09-2017, 17:10
I haven't hosted any sessions, so I am not sure but it looks like the session host determines what the settings are that will be used with regards to the driving aids, like automatic/manual, anti-locking, brake assists etc.
Can you let us know what the settings are that will be used? I would like to get in a few rounds of practice. If the used settings are very different from what I am using I'm sure to end up dead last.
For example, I joined some sessions that enforced cockpit view, and that takes some getting used to. I've been mostly using the view where you can see the hood of the car.

Yeah i totally forgot about those settings, will update later tonight. But all aids will be disabled. Will give a more detailed update tonight

Skilltacular1988
29-09-2017, 20:08

I have updated the realism settings.
Also the class will be Formula Rookie (F5). Poll is now closed!

Skilltacular1988
29-09-2017, 20:48
Riverside actually made a pretty good point on the other board, maybe for a rookie league Formula Rookie isnt the best option because of wheel tangling etc.. instead of just bumpin each other a little bit.

Any thoughts about this?

Saul93
29-09-2017, 22:18
would love to get involved if there is any room at some point GT: Saull93

Skilltacular1988
30-09-2017, 16:50

I have put you on the reserve list mate, so keep close :)

Skilltacular1988
01-10-2017, 10:09
Just wanna remind everyone that we are having the pre season test race tonight!

Here are some details:
Time: 8pm Uk time
Track: Knockhill Racing Circuit - International Reverse Circuit
Class: Formula Rookie

Race Settings
Practice: 30 Minutes
Qualification: 15 Minutes
Race Time: 30 Minutes
Weather: Clear
Season: Spring
Start Type: Standing
Mandatory Pitstop: No

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/8K6ngTu

For questions please do respond here in this thread.

See you tonight on the track :)

Coolerking
01-10-2017, 11:02
As this is an invite only kind of thing, will we need a password to actually join the session? Please ignore my ignorance as Iíve never done this before....and Iím getting dangerously close to the big 50! Age is indeed catching up to me.

Cheers

Lord_lose_alot
01-10-2017, 11:23
I am also getting close to 50 and have not played a competition like this before either. I'm also not sure how we will join in the same game tonight. I'm sure it will work out and I hope I am able to compete a little and not be way too slow or spin off too much. If I'm no match I will forfeit my space to other interested racers, but lets give it a try first.

Skilltacular1988
01-10-2017, 11:44
As this is an invite only kind of thing, will we need a password to actually join the session? Please ignore my ignorance as I’ve never done this before....and I’m getting dangerously close to the big 50! Age is indeed catching up to me.

Cheers

I am also getting close to 50 and have not played a competition like this before either. I'm also not sure how we will join in the same game tonight. I'm sure it will work out and I hope I am able to compete a little and not be way too slow or spin off too much. If I'm no match I will forfeit my space to other interested racers, but lets give it a try first.

This is an private invite only session, so only people i invite can get into the lobby. I will start inviting people 15 minutes before practice so around 07:45pm uk time.
Lord_lose_alot it just takes some practice, just stay in for the fun, this champioship is for us rookies so we can learn online competitive racing, but on a fair clean way. :)

Skilltacular1988
01-10-2017, 11:47

i cant find you on steam mate.
Is your gt correct?

Skilltacular1988
01-10-2017, 17:20
Click the link to open discord channel.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/8K6ngTu

Coolerking
01-10-2017, 20:28
What do you want to do after tonight buddy?

Skilltacular1988
01-10-2017, 20:48
What do you want to do after tonight buddy?

I say we keep going :)
It isnt all about winning, it is for the fun and like you said for the thrilll of racing.
Im still gonna keep next sunday as the start of our championship and everyone still interested is welcome :)

Coolerking
01-10-2017, 22:25
I say we keep going :)
It isnt all about winning, it is for the fun and like you said for the thrilll of racing.
Im still gonna keep next sunday as the start of our championship and everyone still interested is welcome :)

That’s good. A tweak here and there and it’ll be great. As I said I’m not here this coming Sunday, but should be around the week after.
Hopefully see you then. Thanks again.

Lord_lose_alot
02-10-2017, 11:32
I'm wiling to give it another try. Maybe it's an idea to accept a few more members, since the turn up was already so low ? I'm not gonna invest yet in a headset, there was not much voice communication going yet I believe. Too bad I practiced the track in the wrong direction, it didnt help. There was mention that wet tires were faster (bug) , did you guys use wet tires yesterday? I'm hoping to find out if I can improve my times to be more competitive. I haven't changed any setups yet, still driving vanilla cars so far. Will setup changes make a big difference? Or do I have to accept there is no hope ? :-)

Coolerking
02-10-2017, 15:16
I'm wiling to give it another try. Maybe it's an idea to accept a few more members, since the turn up was already so low ? I'm not gonna invest yet in a headset, there was not much voice communication going yet I believe. Too bad I practiced the track in the wrong direction, it didnt help. There was mention that wet tires were faster (bug) , did you guys use wet tires yesterday? I'm hoping to find out if I can improve my times to be more competitive. I haven't changed any setups yet, still driving vanilla cars so far. Will setup changes make a big difference? Or do I have to accept there is no hope ? :-)

I tried the wet tyres.. they didn’t work for me at all! I stuck with the slicks. I also found at first that the car would spin out on a few of the corners, especially the first downhill left (reverse way). I used the Race Engineer feature, it suggested lowering the car and increasing anti-roll bar etc. After doing this a couple of times and using the Stable setup option as a base, I found the car much more manageable and less likely to spin out. I still did, but not nearly half as much.
Give it a try. One thing I really struggled with, is getting any kind of useable heat in the slicks in practice and qualifying. Car is much better with warm tyres at the start of the race, as you would expect.

Lord_lose_alot
02-10-2017, 15:28
Thanks for letting me know, I will definitely try using the Race Engineer then. I did struggle a lot with the reversed track, especially the last uphill to the finishline. I lost a lot of speed there trying to not spin off.

Coolerking
02-10-2017, 15:43
Thanks for letting me know, I will definitely try using the Race Engineer then. I did struggle a lot with the reversed track, especially the last uphill to the finishline. I lost a lot of speed there trying to not spin off.

For me on that last bend I took a wide run in and using all the curb on the right, turned in early and it virtually straightened the curve out.