PDA

View Full Version : How to filter multiplayers?

Tobarus
24-09-2017, 15:10
Ok, after countless times entering a multiplayer game and only to find out the race has already started, how in the world do you know if a race has already started before going through the trouble of loading the game etc?

Also (the manual does not say), what does lap/time mean on the far right of the multiplayer game menu? some have time remaining, yet the game has already started and is being counted by laps, etc?

Many thanks!

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 15:24
If a lobby is not password-protected (a padlock icon will be displayed to the left of the lobby name if the event is limited), clicking on it will bring up additional information about the race. As in the summary, you will be shown the track and the car classes used in the event. You’ll also see a list of all active sessions and their lengths, starting times, weather conditions, and acceleration rates of time and weather.

Here you can see in which state the Lobby is...

kofotsjanne
24-09-2017, 15:27
To the right you can see which session that is currently running. L(obby), p(ractice), q(ualify), r(ace). The one highlighted with yellow.

Tobarus
25-09-2017, 13:36
To the right you can see which session that is currently running. L(obby), p(ractice), q(ualify), r(ace). The one highlighted with yellow.

You mean under the session column right?

Thank you Siberian Tiger and kofotsjanne!!!

Talyn
06-11-2017, 10:50
I'd like to suggest that players be able to filter lobby state - 99.9% of the time I don't want to join a lobby that's in the race.

Ashleyqprw12
06-11-2017, 13:38
I'd like to suggest that players be able to filter lobby state - 99.9% of the time I don't want to join a lobby that's in the race.

100% This! I want to be able hide any session that is not in qualifying, I don't get much time to play so I look to have enough time for 1-2 laps to qualify then straight into a race.

Even just a hide option so I don't see the same lobby when I refresh

lmntr
07-11-2017, 23:00
Ha, Ha ha, I really hope that sample shown by Siberian Tiger in the first reply is for demonstration purpose and not a “live lobby he happened to find.. As you can see, there is no practice and qualifying and it goes directly into a 1 Lap Race. Looks like it is designed for someone to maximizer their online rating. It is also to show that you should make it a habit to look at the lobby information carefully before entering.

Gobby
08-11-2017, 09:23
Ha, Ha ha, I really hope that sample shown by Siberian Tiger in the first reply is for demonstration purpose and not a ôlive lobby he happened to find.. As you can see, there is no practice and qualifying and it goes directly into a 1 Lap Race. Looks like it is designed for someone to maximizer their online rating. It is also to show that you should make it a habit to look at the lobby information carefully before entering.

Except Online Reputation is set to No :). Maybe they just have a short attention span?

lmntr
08-11-2017, 13:33
Yes, I noticed the online rating set to “NO”. I am sure the following question has been asked before and I am really curious to find out: * Does the Rating continue to work even though the license is “OFF” ? I really do not play that much online and do all or most of my racing with a League. Besides, I noticed lately that the license filter in a lot of lobbies are being set ridiculously low such as U100; which brings me back to the same question *