PDA

View Full Version : Camera position save

Saloei
24-09-2017, 15:27
I play using Bonnet camera. I use Ctrl+K to move camera view around, but it's not saved after I exit a game session or exit the game entirely. Restarting the game or a game session, resets camera view position to default. How can the camera position be saved with no further input after restarting the game?

Philm
24-09-2017, 15:39
I have the same problem

tonaz
27-09-2017, 07:58
same wondering here.

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 08:01
Ctrl+K is a developer tool that's why it won't save.
You can bind hotkeys to seat movement and pitch in the controller options.
Adjusting the seat position with those hotkeys should be saved per car.

tonaz
27-09-2017, 08:02
The problem stays, with normal adjusting as well not only dev cam.
You have to adjust at every new race.

Saloei
27-09-2017, 10:44
Ctrl+K is a developer tool that's why it won't save.
You can bind hotkeys to seat movement and pitch in the controller options.
Adjusting the seat position with those hotkeys should be saved per car.

I can switch between Bonnet, Chase, and all other cam views without hitting Ctrl+K. But to move the camera view up, down, I have to hit Ctrl+K for it to work. What other way can you move camera view UP, Down, without hitting Ctrl+K?

tonaz
27-09-2017, 10:47
I can switch between Bonnet, Chase, and all other cam views without hitting Ctrl+K. But to move the camera view up, down, I have to hit Ctrl+K for it to work. What other way can you move camera view UP, Down, without hitting Ctrl+K?

Q W E A S D
[ and ] for FOV

anyways you CANNOT save the view, not even using those NON DEV view

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 10:49

As I said, you can bind those keys in the controller options.
Default should be W and S.

Saloei
27-09-2017, 11:00
As I said, you can bind those keys in the controller options.
Default should be W and S.

The keys are set for WASD on the keyboard. But they won't work unless I turn them on using Ctrl+K.

tonaz
27-09-2017, 11:02
The keys are set for WASD on the keyboard. But they won't work unless I turn them on using Ctrl+K.

Odd. They works for me even without ctrl-K devmode

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 11:06

Please check your control bindings. They should work without Ctrl+K.

Saloei
27-09-2017, 11:13
Please check your control bindings. They should work without Ctrl+K.

I'm not talking about LOOKING around the game. I can look UP, Down, Left, Right, without hitting Ctrl+K. I'm talking about Seat Forward, Seat Backward..., camera position views.

tonaz
27-09-2017, 11:14
Does the position also save after a new game?

no way :(

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 11:19
I'm not talking about LOOKING around the game. I can look UP, Down, Left, Right, around without hitting Ctrl+K. I'm talking about switching camera views: Seat Forward, Seat Backward..., camera position views.

Me too...

Saloei
27-09-2017, 11:29
Me too...

Too bad it doesn't work for me. I have to make adjustments for every single race.

OddTimer
27-09-2017, 11:40
how do I bring the seat up? I guess it is a keyboard shortcut, but I can;t find it. Thanks!

feel so stupid....just saw the post before mine lol

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 11:42
how do I bring the seat up? I guess it is a keyboard shortcut, but I can;t find it. Thanks!

feel so stupid....just saw the post before mine lol

Check out that screenshot I posted... ;)

Saloei
27-09-2017, 16:37
no way :(

Tonaz, is your Project Cars 2 folder where settings are saved under Windows's default location for My Documents folder, or did you move My Documents folder to another location?

Project Cars 2 created a folder to save game settings in My Documents folder. I have My Documents folder on my "D" drive and not in window's default location.