PDA

View Full Version : A few setup questions

Kipper Rickshaw
24-09-2017, 16:01
Hi guys, I just have a few setup questions.

1. How do I tell how many laps the fuel load will give me? I'm assuming the "L" next to the number amount is "liters"? Or does it mean "laps"?

2. Why can't I make adjustments to the setup and then go out on the track to test them without saving?

3. Once I save a custom setup, the "Stable" and "Loose" setups seem to disappear from the load setup screen. Where can I find them? *EDIT* (found them)

4. Why don't the pit crew switch me to wets when it's raining? In the setup screen I have it set to automatic depending on weather. But that seems to be only leaving the box, it does not translate to the pit crew? If I want wets in the rain, I have to make a custom pit strategy with wets.

5. Suppose I have multiple pit strategies, but I can only check one to be active. Suppose I decide I want a different pit strategy when I enter the pit lane, how do I switch?

Thanks for any and all help and I hope these Qs aren't dumb.

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 16:58
1. You have to do some reconnaissance laps and check how much fuel you are using per lap with your own driving style.

2. Because that's how it's currently implemented.

4. What do you have set specifically in your "Pit Strategy"?

5. ICM

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 13:04
1. You have to do some reconnaissance laps and check how much fuel you are using per lap with your own driving style.

I understand that people's fuel use will vary to a degree, due to driving style, conditions, etc. But PCARS1 at least gave us an estimate for the number of laps we could expect from a given fuel load, and I generally found that I didn't stray too far from that figure. It'd be nice to at least have a ballpark figure like that again, rather than flying blind if you don't feel like doing reconnaissance laps.

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 13:48
I understand that people's fuel use will vary to a degree, due to driving style, conditions, etc. But PCARS1 at least gave us an estimate for the number of laps we could expect from a given fuel load, and I generally found that I didn't stray too far from that figure. It'd be nice to at least have a ballpark figure like that again, rather than flying blind if you don't feel like doing reconnaissance laps.

For just messing around in single player, I found the estimate to be decent. However, for critical league races (where 1 second can make a difference), the manual way was best for fuel strategy and planning. Not sure if it will return for PC2, but I do agree it was helpful for some.