PDA

View Full Version : AI is not affected by weather conditions

Mephic
24-09-2017, 17:41
I try the invitation race with KTM in heavy rain. My KTM goes crazy it can't drive through water without loosing grip. I have to be extremely careful with acceleration. In meantime AI blasts through turns leaving me in the back and is totally not affected by grip loss. There is also no wet tyres to choose for KTM but not sure if that matters.

dan2312
24-09-2017, 17:50
The Caterham is even worse, by end of the first lap im near the back, im playing at 90% difficulty and aggression.

What difficulty are you playing at?

Mephic
24-09-2017, 17:55
97% difficulty and 70% aggression.

I tried lowering difficulty to 80% but behavior is more or less same. AI just ignores pools and I'm constantly aquaplanning. Something does not feel right.

I managed to beat karts on first place with those settings. I'm not the worst nor the best but how to drive KTM in rain like AI?

Leper Messiah
24-09-2017, 18:09
FYI Ai's being looked at by Doug from SMS, he says some fixes are in for a patch and some are still being worked on. Fingers crossed all the weirdness can be ironed out.

shiftee
24-09-2017, 20:39
I am finding the same thing, which is frustrating because you tweak the difficulties to get a great race out of the AI… Then you hit some rain and it's all out the window. The user has to drive slow in the rain while the AI just keeps on crusin along fast as usual. I also think they don't slow down at night, like they use the force and aren't worried about driving into a wall 200 miles an hour in the dark. Weird because the first one had this issue and they had to patch it, just hope it gets all sorted out soon being an off-line career guy…

Attackmack
24-09-2017, 20:53
Ive only played at difficulty 80-90 and aggression at 40 and while i havent taken notice on how the AI deals with the puddles, my experience is that they drive really slow in rain.
I have no problems at difficulty 90 to outclass the AI if its raining but if its dry I struggle to even qualify in top half, usually im deadlast with a second or more worse :/

breyzipp
24-09-2017, 21:26
FYI Ai's being looked at by Doug from SMS, he says some fixes are in for a patch and some are still being worked on. Fingers crossed all the weirdness can be ironed out.

I don't want to sound too impatient but I hope this is one of the top priorities to fix. Many parts of the career are just impossible to play, I got completely stuck in career GT5 round 2/5 because the AI doesn't suffer from tires that started warm but slowly went cold lap after lap.

rockerbauer
25-09-2017, 02:00
Yes, I found out it today, if you start a race in dry conditions - and no pits - to take a rain conditions in middle of race, AI just continue running like they have wet tires already. Very disappointed about this. Weather is one of the things that made me buy it...

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 02:02
Yes, I found out it today, if you start a race in dry conditions - and no pits - to take a rain conditions in middle of race, AI just continue running like they have wet tires already. Very disappointed about this. Weather is one of the things that made me buy it...

We've had multiple complaints that the AI are actually too slow in the wet...

We're keeping an eye on all feedback but I'll admit it's getting confusing.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 03:43

You're damn right it's confusing :(. The AI is all over the map in terms of pace.

I did Ginetta Jr championship, AI skill 95, 85 aggressive. In the dry, it was pretty even. In the wet, I was much much faster. The wetter it got, the slower the AI got, to the point I could coast for nearly half a straight and still keep up or pass. Silverstone, very wet race (lots of puddles, I can feel them), G40 Jr, I finished 30s up on 2nd.

British Lightweight championship, same AI, I couldn't even get through 1 corner in that much water, so I gave up.

Moved on to Ginetta G40 GT5 championship. First race at Oultan Island, same settings (95/85), I'm nearly 8 seconds off the pace. I lower the AI to 65, can sort of match lap times, but can't really race. The AI pulls 15-20 car lengths on me through T1 and T2 (they barely brake for T1), and it takes me all lap to regain the ground. The AI is insanely fast through T1, and really slow through the 3rd apex of the chicane (I make up 5-10 of the lost 20 lengths in this one corner alone).

Moved on to race 2, Snetterton 200 at dusk. Could not for the life of me get any tier temp. Even in the race, tires start hot and green, but the end of lap 2, they're blue and I'm sliding everywhere. AI on 65, is steady like a rock, I'm 5 seconds off the pace. I switch to all weather tires, and instantly find 3 seconds worth of time. The all weather tires have more grip than the slicks in the cool conditions. I still start the race last, as in quali I can only get within 1.5s of 15th place. I go from last to 4th before the hairpin, then spend all race in 4th. 1st, 2nd, 3rd streak off, I keep the train behind me (by being much faster on the straight, I lose major ground through tricky braking zones that the AI don't seem phased by).

I'm now at race 3, Silverstone in the wet. Remember Silverstone in the wet from before with AI on 95, I finished well ahead of them. Now, in the GT5, with AI on 65, I'm still 2 seconds per lap slower. Most of the lap I'm actually faster than the AI, but through Maggots and beckets, the AI is insanely fast.

I don't usually do career mode, online is more my thing. I gave career a shot because I can't stay connected to an online lobby to save my life. Now I'm about ready to give up on career because this AI is all over the place, not to mention quite unrealistic. Add on all the issues with the UI.....Im about out of patients with this.

I have 14.1 hours into career, and being half way through my second season, I feel like a solid 8-10 of those hours have gone into figuring out what AI settings I should use. Of the 14 online qualifying sessions I've taken part in, I've managed to enter and complete 3 races (due to DCing when the lobby goes from quali to race).

I was a Gran Turismo fanboy for 15 years. I really like PCARS and what you guys are trying to do. I told everyone about PCARS 2, I told people on other forums to get it, I preordered it, something I never ever do. I told the guy at the store I was done with Gran Turismo.

Between the connectivity of online, the randomness of the AI offline, and the complete mess of a User Interface, I'm feel really let down. The sad part is, the core is really good. The physics, cars, tracks, they're brilliant. Just everything else is a complete mess. And I feel like it's these areas that will push people away, push newcomers checking out the title back to GT and Forza. I want this game to be a success, but this launch has been a massive excersise in SMS shooting themselves in he foot.

retep998
25-09-2017, 03:55
When it comes to the Ginetta Junior series for example, the AI there is dramatically slower in the rain. While I would struggle to beat them by a few tenths of a second during a dry qualifying session, when the race comes and it starts with just a few tiny drops of rain, already the AI gives up and falls way behind by 5 seconds per lap, while I'm still within a second of my qualifying times. As the rain gets heavier I lose a couple seconds, but the AI is something like 15 seconds down on their dry qualifying times.

Some cars are easier to drive in the rain, some are much harder to drive in the rain, and the AI times need to be adjusted to reflect this variable level of difficulty. Cars with heaps of power and no traction control should especially be much slower to drive in the rain, and the AI needs to reflect that. Just please make the AI slower in a realistic way (I've had a GT3 race at snetterton where the AI would brake half a mile early yet they're able to take that long right hander faster than me and have perfect runs out of every turn). Maybe get a few consistent drivers to drive every single car at the same track in varying levels of dry and rain to get some sort of numbers to balance the AI?

Krylon Blue
25-09-2017, 04:05
I noticed this too. I was doing the classic Lotus (I think) event where it’s raining and my car could not grip with minimal or any throttle type. It slipped from left to right constantly as if I was driving on an uneven surface of ice. The AI, however, full throttled it the whole way and never once slid. There is seriously something wrong with that...

Zpectre87
25-09-2017, 04:07
AI have "electronic" feel of grip so they can modulate input a lot better. They also don't have eyes, so they see perfectly in the dark... And so on. :D

However, it seems the problem is with consistency of AI difficulty, not just pace. The game certainly saw much testing time at WMD but open market is a much bigger environment. There are always unforeseen things in game development.

PC1 did sort of have this problem. The 100% AI of GT5 was not the same 100% as FA. It was explained by different tiers having different levels, but I used to smoke the AI in the small Ginettas and I was nowhere near the top of the leaderboards with that car.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 04:10
Snetterton is a great example of the AI. The left hander at the end of the back straight, where you have to turn and brake for the upcoming right at the same time, the AI is crazy fast!! Same with the braking zone for the final left hander onto the pit straight. But while the AI is unrealisticly fast at those two spots (at least in my opinion), they're really really slow through Turn 1 - they. brake early, and their apex speed is really low.

Gloomy
25-09-2017, 04:15
Ive only played at difficulty 80-90 and aggression at 40 and while i havent taken notice on how the AI deals with the puddles, my experience is that they drive really slow in rain.
I have no problems at difficulty 90 to outclass the AI if its raining but if its dry I struggle to even qualify in top half, usually im deadlast with a second or more worse :/

Same here. So far I've only played the ginetta junior career races, but that's been my experience as well. Ai 80 aggression 50. It's competitive until it starts raining then I can take off from them. Probably varies depending on which car.

krisby
25-09-2017, 04:29
It certainly does seem like they aren't affected by weather in the same way. Perhaps just programmed to slow down, rather than reacting to the conditions.

I did the lightweight challenge at snetterton and I could barely keep the xbow in straight line even on 3/4 throttle, the AI though, rocket through the water with no issue, replays show no skidding, no aquaplaning and no spikes in the revs when going through puddles either. Seems very unfair when I almost aquaplane into the pits, and the AI just follow their line with zero deviation.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 05:30
My GInetta GT5 progress so far:

Race 1, Oultan Park. AI 65, Agr 70. Conditions dry quali, dry race. I qualify last, over 1 second behind. In the race, I finish 3rd. AI notably fast in T1 & T2, notably slow exiting T6, and on all straights. I finish 3rd, most positions gained on lap 1.

Race 2, Snetterton. AI 65, Agr 70. Conditions, dry quali, dry race, very cold track temp. Qualify last, over 1 second behind, using All Weather tires for more temp & grip. AI notably fast in T4 &T5, as well as T8, notably slow is T1. I finish 4th, again making all positions on lap 1, I'm the definition of a Trulli-train.

Race 3, Silverstone. AI 65, Agr 70. Conditions, light rain for quali, mixed rain for the race. I qualify last, over 1 second off the pace. In the race, I get to P6 on the opening lap. Track dries a bit, I fall 4 seconds behind P5. Rain intensifies in the last 3 laps, I end up finishing P2, making all passes on the straights. In the dry, AI notably fast in T2 & T3. In the wet, they were twice as fast in the corners as on the straights.

Race 4, Donnington. AI 70, Agr 70. I upped the AI to 70 for fun. Conditions, dry quali, dry race, 30 degree track temp. I qualify 1st, 1.3 seconds ahead of 2nd, on a lap where I wasn't really trying that hard, early in the session. I haven't done the race yet, but I'm not forseeing any major competition.

I increased the AI skill by 5, and went from qualifying last, to 1st. Some tracks, some corners, the AI is physics bending fast. Other tracks, other conditions, the AI is turtle slow.

could_do_better
25-09-2017, 07:53
I had the same experience of AI not pitting in 10 laps dry->rain in GT3 Donington GP. I was matching them in the dry, but as soon as it rains I can either Pit to take wets or continue on slicks and spin off lots while the AI seem unaffected. Also, the radio tells you its going to rain and that they'll bring you in if needed but they never do. I would have thought I would have been told to pit.

It feels like 2 small bugs.
1) If I cann't keep it on the black stuff in the wet the AI should be all over the place too. They seems to keep the same pace on slicks in the rain.
2) I wonder if not setting a mandatory pit stop means that the AI never think about pitting.

Perhaps it is only one bug, tire model switches slick to wet when the weather changes, but they don't pit because of the mandatory pit stop being set to no????

Leper Messiah
25-09-2017, 08:28
Regarding puddles/aquaplaning (not tested weather yet), do they form across the track? i.e. no matter where you put the car it will affect you. I'm just wondering if we can learn were the puddles form and avoid them, it does say in the games info about puddles and that the normal racing line will not be the best idea.

Regarding Ai, is there still one Ai line or do we have multiple lines for different types of cars? because an F1 car will not have exactly the same line as a Ginetta junior! If it is indeed one line then that will explain how some cars struggle in certain corners. The more I think about Ai coding in sims the more it gives me a headache just thinking of all the permutations even before you factor in changing conditions!!

Kaerar
25-09-2017, 09:02

Can confirm in the Clio Cup, I was running 90% skill and 33% aggression and the AI which were competitive at Oulton Park were utterly unable to keep up at Snetterton in 300 config. They were about 1.1s off the pace at Oulton Park in the dry and a full 10s off the pace at Snetterton in the wet. Same settings for skill and aggression at both venues.

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 09:29

I would like to highlight that in career mode there is an issue related to tyres temperature. For formula rookie and ginetta gt5 (these i have tested).

Tyres do not get in temperature in practice and qualifying (i reported here after checking with friends, other forums in which you are active, and other posts here to be sure i wasn't the only unlucky user. Actually there is another thread name ginetta tyres temps).

To explain better via an example:
- try first race of the GT5 Ginetta championship in Oulton park;
- Start qualifying with default set-up. As always you find yourself in the pit with green tyres under optimal temperature
- Once you leave the pit and get to manual driving the tyres are blu, extremely cold and the engineer tells you to be carefull. Seems ok.
- From now on is like driving on ice and it is impossible to get temperature into tyres. Even with 5-6 laps in a row at maximum speed possible with cold tyres.
- This results in being last 4-5 seconds of the pace.
- tyre telemtry does not work in the process
- You start the race and you are provided with green tyres under optminal temperature. You easily go fastest. AI 80%.

Thank you in advance
I'm here for any further clarification if needed.

DreamsKnight
25-09-2017, 10:46

pad users, console users, pc users, wheel users, pro users, who think to be pro user, and hater users.

confusing i think is normal. :rolleyes:

ironman
25-09-2017, 12:12

Hi Ian,
I'm italian and a big Assetto Corsa fan and.....I must say (and I am happy to say.... for the love of the Pc simulated motorsports......) You have done a wonderful work with Pcars 2: You have raised the bar and (most important thing) Pcars 2 now holds the "priority" in my spare time.
Please keep going on the good work, I am sure Your "creature" will be constantly improved/fixed: "She" deservers such care....
Thank You !!

slider916
25-09-2017, 12:22
Watched this video last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_0GEwumQY
The player started on wets and the AI on dry. The AI pitted for wets and were catching up to the player at a rapid pace.
After the rain stopped, the AI pitted for slicks and were blowing through the puddles like they weren't there while the player still on wets was hydroplaning through them and even crashed once.
Something's clearly off.

shiftee
25-09-2017, 12:55
is there a way to see what tires the AI are using? the way they don't pit anymore (which is fine, they were too pit happy in Pacrs 1) makes me very suspicious...

also I wonder if aggression slider has anything to do with it. I noticed everyone saying the AI is much slower in the rain have their aggression lower (like 40%). I have mine at 80% and they are faster in the rain, they don't seem to be affected by water accumulation on the track either. I tried starting with wets since I knew now that rain was coming, but it did not help - still seemed like AI was on some magic tires. that said, the confusing user results variation is probably by series - I am in formula rookie for the record.

Quatzu
25-09-2017, 14:24
is there a way to see what tires the AI are using?

I used replay to check on the AI cars.

shiftee
25-09-2017, 16:36
just to update, I am as confused as Ian. My next career race in the rain was donnington, and I destroyed the AI. was not even close - on the same AI levels that I dropped to on Sakitto in the rain. So it may be the variance of skill the AI has on track to track and not the weather, but Sakitto was one of my better tracks in Pcars 1 so it was odd I could not get close to them. I also want to point out, I was following right behind an AI car and saw him slip/aquaplane on a puddle taking a corner, he did not on an earlier puddle - but I can confirm it can happen. bottom line I think the career players can agree on, the AI can be completely different from track to track (and/or weather) and it requires constant slider tweaking to maintain the perfect difficulty for your skill (or apparent lack thereof in my case)

Jescott71
25-09-2017, 17:30
My GInetta GT5 progress so far:

Race 1, Oultan Park. AI 65, Agr 70. Conditions dry quali, dry race. I qualify last, over 1 second behind. In the race, I finish 3rd. AI notably fast in T1 & T2, notably slow exiting T6, and on all straights. I finish 3rd, most positions gained on lap 1.

Race 2, Snetterton. AI 65, Agr 70. Conditions, dry quali, dry race, very cold track temp. Qualify last, over 1 second behind, using All Weather tires for more temp & grip. AI notably fast in T4 &T5, as well as T8, notably slow is T1. I finish 4th, again making all positions on lap 1, I'm the definition of a Trulli-train.

Race 3, Silverstone. AI 65, Agr 70. Conditions, light rain for quali, mixed rain for the race. I qualify last, over 1 second off the pace. In the race, I get to P6 on the opening lap. Track dries a bit, I fall 4 seconds behind P5. Rain intensifies in the last 3 laps, I end up finishing P2, making all passes on the straights. In the dry, AI notably fast in T2 & T3. In the wet, they were twice as fast in the corners as on the straights.

Race 4, Donnington. AI 70, Agr 70. I upped the AI to 70 for fun. Conditions, dry quali, dry race, 30 degree track temp. I qualify 1st, 1.3 seconds ahead of 2nd, on a lap where I wasn't really trying that hard, early in the session. I haven't done the race yet, but I'm not forseeing any major competition.

I increased the AI skill by 5, and went from qualifying last, to 1st. Some tracks, some corners, the AI is physics bending fast. Other tracks, other conditions, the AI is turtle slow.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had issues with the GT5 championship. I dominated Formula Rookie at 80% AI 50% Agg. So put the AI up to 90% for GT5. I was last by miles and had to turn the AI down to around 60% to compete. Now I'm in the GT4 championship, and I'm comfortably beating the AI at 80% again (not as dominant as Formula Rookie, but I found with PCARS1 that I was always slightly better against Open Wheel AI than GT/LMP/TC AI, so that makes sense to me). I've played GT3, GTE and LMP2 in single player and again I'm comfortable at 80%. So I think it may be an issue with the GT5 car, because 80/85% is about my level, but for whatever reason I couldn't get anywhere near competitive in the GT5 car above 65% AI. Either that or I'm just rubbish at driving GT5s.

For me this was a minor issue, Formula Rookie was great fun to drive, I just turned the AI down for GT5 and made the races as short as possible to get through the season quickly. Now I'm at GT4 I put the AI and race length back up and it's probably the most fun I've had in a sim racing game. As for cars being quicker in qualifying than the race, that's a problem that nearly every racing game I've played seems to have.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 17:59
I would like to highlight that in career mode there is an issue related to tyres temperature. For formula rookie and ginetta gt5 (these i have tested).

Tyres do not get in temperature in practice and qualifying (i reported here after checking with friends, other forums in which you are active, and other posts here to be sure i wasn't the only unlucky user. Actually there is another thread name ginetta tyres temps).

To explain better via an example:
- try first race of the GT5 Ginetta championship in Oulton park;
- Start qualifying with default set-up. As always you find yourself in the pit with green tyres under optimal temperature
- Once you leave the pit and get to manual driving the tyres are blu, extremely cold and the engineer tells you to be carefull. Seems ok.
- From now on is like driving on ice and it is impossible to get temperature into tyres. Even with 5-6 laps in a row at maximum speed possible with cold tyres.
- This results in being last 4-5 seconds of the pace.
- tyre telemtry does not work in the process
- You start the race and you are provided with green tyres under optminal temperature. You easily go fastest. AI 80%.

Thank you in advance
I'm here for any further clarification if needed.

I had the exact same issue in the Ginetta GT5 championship. It's even worse at round 2, Snetterton 200 with 9 degree track temp. I can't get tire temp in quali, so end up last by several seconds. Race starts wth tires at 80 degrees, I can make up 12 positions on the opening lap...then tire temp starts to fade, and my par drops off to where I'm several seconds slower than the AI. I try this race several times, lowering the AI difficulty each time, until I get something reasonable (65).

Then I do the next race at Silverstone in the wet, same AI difficulty, and am several seconds a lap faster, but only because I'm much faster in a straight line...AI still has crazy grip on the corners.

Then I do the next race at Donnington (dry, 30 degree track temp), I INCREASE AI difficulty to 70, and now I'm 1.3 seconds faster in quali. I start first, finish over 20'seconds ahead of second place.

And this is all after I walked through the Jr championship on 95 AI difficulty.

I'm so lost when it comes to these I settings.

I also found the AI significantly faster when I tried the Ginetta Invitational try put event at Cadwell Park.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 18:09
Comparing what others are saying to my own experiences, it seems like the GT5 Championship, or all the Tier 2 Championships (I've seen people having issues with FC cars spinning out?) have some kind of issue.

The issue is either with the AI not being effected by weather and track conditions the same way the player is. Or the issue is with the handling and setup, specifically tire temps, of the G40 GT5.

That aside, I think there is also an issue with the AI where they are very fast in the corners, and very very slow on the straights. I noticed this in both the Ginetta Jr, and GT5 championships. Rain exacerbates this, but it's noticable in the dry as well.

JoshTheGeologist
25-09-2017, 19:54
I experienced both ends of the spectrum in a single race in career mode. It was GT5, I don't remember the track. At the start of the race, I was much faster than the AI. As the light rain turned to rain and as the puddles got worst, I got much slower. The AI did not change speeds and flew past me. The puddles were so bad on the back stretch it wasn't even funny. I was hydroplaning everywhere, but the AI right in front of me had no issues. No matter what line I tried down the backstretch, I was just all over the road. It was annoying, even when I was in the same line as them, I just could not go.

arcaias
21-10-2017, 16:54
I had the exact same issue in the Ginetta GT5 championship. It's even worse at round 2, Snetterton 200 with 9 degree track temp. I can't get tire temp in quali, so end up last by several seconds. Race starts wth tires at 80 degrees, I can make up 12 positions on the opening lap...then tire temp starts to fade, and my par drops off to where I'm several seconds slower than the AI. I try this race several times, lowering the AI difficulty each time, until I get something reasonable (65).

Then I do the next race at Silverstone in the wet, same AI difficulty, and am several seconds a lap faster, but only because I'm much faster in a straight line...AI still has crazy grip on the corners.

Then I do the next race at Donnington (dry, 30 degree track temp), I INCREASE AI difficulty to 70, and now I'm 1.3 seconds faster in quali. I start first, finish over 20'seconds ahead of second place.

And this is all after I walked through the Jr championship on 95 AI difficulty.

I'm so lost when it comes to these I settings.

I also found the AI significantly faster when I tried the Ginetta Invitational try put event at Cadwell Park.

this was pretty much my experience as well. very frustrating when the AI is this useless, at this point scripted driving would have been more fun to race against.

Kebabfelix
21-10-2017, 17:09
Yes they are, you are just bad in rain/snow

Madmazz116
21-10-2017, 18:02
From what I can see and have read the Ai have two major issues. 1. In the rain they are far too slow, especially in corners,(and they are slow in corners in the dry) and 2 . they are not effected by the weather conditons. So where the player would aquaplane and have his car swerve or slow down, spin off etc... this doesnt happen to the ai , and so at these points it seems the Ai is faster in the rain.

xtro
21-10-2017, 19:35
I remember seeing a video prior to launch with bac Monos racing in the rain and the ai was spinning constantly.. that's fun. I wish it was added back in the game in addition to making them a bit quicker . The lower the difficulty the more mistakes.

Roger Prynne
21-10-2017, 19:44
Don't worry guys as the AI is being worked on and getting better.

Kebabfelix
21-10-2017, 20:38
Don't worry guys as the AI is being worked on and getting better.

It's so sad that AI is the only thing people seem to care about, AI is really good right now. I rather have people focusing on that damn server browser or other bugs.

Roger Prynne
21-10-2017, 20:54
Also that is being worked on and will be better I can assure you.

Seelenkrank
21-10-2017, 21:04
a date when the patch maybe can be out would be a nice info to have (+/- 1 week).

Roger Prynne
21-10-2017, 21:22
We cant tell you what we don't know, sorry.

Seelenkrank
21-10-2017, 22:02
3-4 weeks minimum ;)

tgage
22-10-2017, 12:17
I've had very mixed experiences with the AI and weather. On the final GT5 race the AI was completely unaffected by the weather, I was playing at about 90% on both difficulty and aggression so out of curiosity I started turning down the difficulty to see if they changed at all. I went all the way down to about 20 before I saw any difference but the only difference was lap time, they barely slowed down by about 1 second. When I raced GT4 it was the complete opposite where the AI couldn't keep it between the lines when it rained, the only issue with that was the AI couldn't turn itself around so they would be sitting in the turns backing up and going forward. Basically you had to guess which way to pass them and hope to not get hit in the process, if you did I'd get penalized for contact.

Anty
22-10-2017, 13:02
Hi SMS studios

I played PC1 and the AI was on rails in the wet. Lapping at the same pace as in the dry, wasn’t a fan of the ffb thought. I ditched the game after buying it for the career mode. After the realise of this game pc2, I have seen some very impressive comments on this ffb. Also some really good reviews from some hard to please sim racers. So I decided to give this one a try.

I have started the carrer mode after setting up my Wheel, because the ffb pleased me. I decided to go the WEC route in my carreer, so starting with the lights, the ai was pretty solid in round 1 in the dry at donington. “UNTIL” Round 2 at brands. I got the shock. In the wet the AI was faster than the world record user time in the dry. Please can you check this out for us. Its pretty annoying to try catch the AI in the wet if they drive at the same speed as in the dry, I found this problem also in the GT5 Championship when I got to the sto layout of silver-stone.

Please can you fix this
Thank you in advance
Ant

Goooner1
22-10-2017, 13:06
That’s a first, the AI being faster in the wet :)

In my experience they can go from being 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than me in the dry to being 5-10 seconds slower once it rains.

Roger Prynne
22-10-2017, 14:34
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51832-On-the-topic-of-AI&p=1371870&viewfull=1#post1371870

Keena
22-10-2017, 14:36
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51832-On-the-topic-of-AI&p=1371870&viewfull=1#post1371870

I did wonder at this- did a ginetta practice at Silverstone on 85% difficulty in the wet and they were right there. 0.6 sec pace difference. Felt great :) I thought "nah can't be, surely".. turns out!! Yes :) Nice one :) Just in time for me to go to work...although I see the post Iin the link was from last month. Is it still useful for us to post circuits and difficulty settings in career where there are big pace anomilies?