PDA

View Full Version : can't play multiplayer

mario3188
24-09-2017, 18:06
i join a race, one minute after i joined i got kicked from the session with no reason. 4 times in a row!!! now i have a low finish-rate, cause of the very bad server. what the hell is wrong with this game? also the menu lags like from hell. what did the damned day one patch? nothing i thing.

michaeldavidoff
02-10-2017, 20:35
i join a race, one minute after i joined i got kicked from the session with no reason. 4 times in a row!!! now i have a low finish-rate, cause of the very bad server. what the hell is wrong with this game? also the menu lags like from hell. what did the damned day one patch? nothing i thing.

I got same problem. I join lobby and join race group and I'm kicked off. Can't play online... My router setting are ok, firewall is off. Don't know what to do.

livingit
02-10-2017, 21:46
Same as you, just try to join any game and get kicked.

Martini Da Gasalini
03-10-2017, 12:36
This happened to me finally last night, it seemed it was a specific person last night, i got all the way to qualifying screen, and i was in the pits and it just disconnected me, and it took points off too.

drewemery80
07-10-2017, 15:03
Also can’t play multiplayer. Get the you have been disconnected from this multiplayer session message every time.

Dirtryder
07-10-2017, 19:22
My friend also could not join multiplayer so deleted game and reloaded including update. Works fine now.

playdutch
12-10-2017, 08:28
a good friend ofmy have the same isseu. he tried changing everything he can change to his connection. but nothing works. we starting to think it have something to do with the fact he sharing his game with his brother. its a download version. we starting to think this cause 2 reasons. 1 is when he can come in to a game, but is gonna get kicked fast. then nobody except the guy where he is sharing his game with can hear him in the in game chat. the other strange thing is, that they can both play the game on the same moment when they both put there playstation and game on the master account. (in other games this not works) so my question to the guys that have the same problem. u guys share this game maybe? or u bought the game?

muostaja
12-10-2017, 19:05
Also can’t play multiplayer.
Worse with update 2.0

1000h played pc1 online. do something please....

drewemery80
13-10-2017, 02:53
After 2.0 patch I still can’t play multiplayer. I get booted from the lobby after about 30 seconds on the track. Project cars 1 worked fine for me.

Ian Bell
13-10-2017, 03:57
You won't be able to play until all participants are synched on the same build. This will happen occasionally around patch releases.

drewemery80
13-10-2017, 04:01
You won't be able to play until all participants are synched on the same build. This will happen occasionally around patch releases.

Ok thanks.
Just FYI though, it was happening before 2.0 as well. I have only been able to complete 1 race in about 40-50 tries.
Not sure what the problem is as my internet is more than sufficient.

P.s. Really enjoying the career mode so far though!

muostaja
13-10-2017, 07:37

It's difficult to understand this. With other guys, all seems to work better.
I had the same problem from the beginning, and did not ease at any stage.

Anthony0805
13-10-2017, 11:52
So Ian Bell we just have to wait for a long long time?
I had to buy a VPN to play online, it is not cool at all

drewemery80
14-10-2017, 13:17
Yea the patch didn’t fix anything for me. I’ve tried countless times since my last post and haven’t been able to stay in a lobby for more than a minute or two (if I can join in the first place). Not sure what I should try. I checked my connection speed on the ps4 before this last time and I’m nat 2 and was in the 150s for download and around 10 for upload. Any suggestions I could try with my network or any information I should give.
Would really like to play multiplayer.
I have the digital deluxe edition.

drewemery80
15-10-2017, 19:02
So I got on last night and managed to get into about 4-5 lobbies out of about 25-30 tries (maybe more). Sometimes the game will just stay in the loading screen for the lobby forever; Sometimes it will freeze on the race loading screen; and sometimes I get in, start the qualifying session and get disconnected before getting out of the pit lane.

Out of those I was able to finish one race. So since the game released I have been able to actually race two online races. Very disappointed.

The race I was able to do last night was when I joined a lobby where everyone quit out so I became the host. I started another race and about 8 people joined during qualifying and we raced normally. Once I chose the next race I was again disconnected from the session. Again, just hoping for some suggestions so I can actually play the game online.
(For the record when I am able to join my connection shows full green bars on the screen all the time).
Thanks

Jounibet
16-10-2017, 09:00
It's the same for me, often impossible to join online races. Getting to the lobby screen works fine, but when trying to join practice/qualification I get disconnected approx 9/10 times.
If the first session hasn't started it usually works fine, but yesterday I couldn't join any races at all, not even when getting several invitations from the host.

I have the digital edition of the game, and a 250/100 Mb broadband. Never had any problems in other games.

Some advise from PC2 or anyone with a solution would be greatly appreciated. I like the game and multiplayer is the main thing for me, but at the moment it's not on a acceptable level of reliability. Any suggestions?

Jounibet
18-10-2017, 08:12
It's the same for me, often impossible to join online races. Getting to the lobby screen works fine, but when trying to join practice/qualification I get disconnected approx 9/10 times.
If the first session hasn't started it usually works fine, but yesterday I couldn't join any races at all, not even when getting several invitations from the host.

I have the digital edition of the game, and a 250/100 Mb broadband. Never had any problems in other games.

Some advise from PC2 or anyone with a solution would be greatly appreciated. I like the game and multiplayer is the main thing for me, but at the moment it's not on a acceptable level of reliability. Any suggestions?

Update:

Yesterday I erased and re-installed the game. Didn't make any difference, still difficult to join online lobbies, and if there is a practice or qualification session going on it's pretty much impossible. But I also noticed that I am more likely to be able to join if there are only a few persons in (like 1 to 5 ).

Is there any tech-guru at SMS that can explain what makes Project cas 2 different from PC1 and other games in technical terms when trying to connect to multiplayer lobbies? If I understand correct it is a P2P server solution. Are there any network/internet settings that might help in these cases? Router settings ( I connect via cable to router)? Something in this game must differ from other games....

Jounibet
19-10-2017, 22:35
Contacted my internet provider and it turned out that they had given me a private IP that changed NAT to type 3 (NAT 2 is prefered if I understand it correct). Changing back to a public IP made it work again, so I believe it is working as it should now.

Scuderia Paul
25-10-2017, 20:49
I've just been disconnected from 2 races in a row and lost 78 licence points. That puts me at 5 race disconnections which is a lot of licence rating.

This is so frustrating and isn't happening with any other game.