PDA

View Full Version : How do I recharge the battery in the Laferrari, P1, 918 and NSX?

Richardo1701
24-09-2017, 18:13
Just wondering how to recharge the battery in these cars without going back to the pits? I know it's supposed to recharge under braking but it doesn't seem to work in the road cars ( LMP1 cars it works fine and the Formula cars) in the NSX for example the battery only lasted 2 laps on Willow Springs, can't we change the modes or anything like Assetto Corsa?

snipeme77
24-09-2017, 22:31
Just wondering how to recharge the battery in these cars without going back to the pits? I know it's supposed to recharge under braking but it doesn't seem to work in the road cars ( LMP1 cars it works fine and the Formula cars) in the NSX for example the battery only lasted 2 laps on Willow Springs, can't we change the modes or anything like Assetto Corsa?

You don't generally. In race mode, the cars only make a little bit of battery back when you brake. After so many laps you just run out

Richardo1701
25-09-2017, 09:55
Thanks for replying just wondered if you could change the modes like in Assetto Corsa, for example in the P1 you can change it to charging but saying that the 918 IRL ran out of battery power on it's Nurburgring lap record so it's probably right, I was just surprised how quick it seemed to run out in the NSX particularly ( 2 laps at Willow Springs) and 918 which only managed 3 laps. I will give the 918 a go on the Nurburgring and see how long it lasts.

Psychomatrix
25-09-2017, 13:59
Did they really need to charge. I thought they have a kers system.

Richardo1701
25-09-2017, 14:17
Just tried the 918 round the Nurburgring and it ran out of electric power well before the main straight quite a a bit before the mini carousel so not sure how they have set it up in Pcars but I watched the Vbox video on youtube of the 918 lap and it only ran out of electric power on the main straight

Richardo1701
25-09-2017, 15:28
Just tried the P1 and Laferrari around the Nurburgring and the P1 still had half battery power left after 1 lap but the Laferrari ran out at the first carousel, if anything I thought that would be the other way around because the Mclaren doesn't have break recovery just off throttle engine recovery (or something like that anyway), where as the Ferrari and the Porsche do. So I think this is possibly a bug, would be interested to hear from a developer or someone that knows for sure.

Richardo1701
25-09-2017, 20:26
To add I did a test session in the 918 at Le mans and by the end of my out lap i had run out of electric power leaving the car massively underpowered . This can't be how it would be IRL, If it is because the car is set to hot lap mode in Pcars then why can't we change it to charging ( or whatever real life equivalent is) to save the electric power for the flying lap?

skipptg
01-10-2017, 11:07
These care are unplayable for more than a lap or two because of this. Surely it can't be right?

Richardo1701
02-10-2017, 10:43
I would have to agree I don't think it's right either. I did a test at Knockhill in the Laferrari, Porsche 918 and the Mclaren P1, I managed 6 or 7 laps in the 918 before running out of electric power and the about the same in the Ferrari but the Mclaren I did 9 laps and still had half the battery power left. The 918, Ferrari and NSX don't seem to regenerate much at all under braking where as the Mclaren does ( As do the LMP1 and Formula A and X cars). I don't believe this is how it would be in real life but unfortunately it's how it is in Pcars 2 at the moment. I have asked on GTplanet also but have had no replies from Ian Bell or anyone else at SMS about this issue. It has spoiled the use of these cars somewhat, so until they change it I think I'll just use these cars in Assetto Corsa. I have enjoyed the game so far though apart from this issue and the FFB issue( which they are fixing they said).

Aardvark892
23-12-2017, 06:35
I really just wish there was a way to turn the KERS off. It runs all the way down, whether I need it or not, at least with the 918. That it runs automatically from the start is just plain dumb. Maybe a non-car specific setting to disable KERS/DRS completely?

Richardo1701
23-12-2017, 10:52
Yeah I know it's annoying isn't it, I just don't use these cars anymore on Pcars2 because of it, on Assetto Corsa you can change mode to charging, thats what Pcars needs, I'm sure they could implement it in the car management menu if they wanted to. Hopefully if more people ask about it they will do it eventually but as you can see not that many people have replied to this thread I created a couple of months ago so I don't expect it to be high on their priority list unfortunately