PDA

View Full Version : Triple Monitor - Camera really far back

DarkFire989
24-09-2017, 18:19
I have 3 matching Asus PB258Q Monitors (2560x1440)

I currently do not have nvidia surround enabled. When using the Triple Monitor App in game, I have the center monitor distance set to 90cm. Upon getting in the cockpit. My camera is like 4ft away from the steering wheel which really throws off the FOV(Like a fish eye lense). I tried setting the distance to 0, which apparently has a minimum of 10cm. And it was not much of an improvement. The image lines up really well between the monitors, and the HUD is displayed properly.

I have tried not using the in game Triple Monitor App, and enabled nvidia surround(7800x1440 w/ bezel comp). It looks way better (camera is closer to steering wheel / FOV not insane.) , but the HUD / UI is all over the place.

EDIT: Wow Im dumb. I had no idea there was a camera section to the settings, dropped my FOV down. Jackpot.

Jonny
25-09-2017, 11:38
I have exactly same issue with 3 x Asus 24" monitors. When enabling Triple Monitor in-game the camera is far back like you and the car looks long and stretched. When turning it off in-game and using the NVidia Control Panel and Surround it is better but HUD etc is too far to right and left of screens. I updated to latest nvidia driver last night too but that didn't help.

Just read your EDIT bit and I 'll give it a try and post back.

tifosi79
25-09-2017, 12:40
EDIT: Wow Im dumb. I had no idea there was a camera section to the settings, dropped my FOV down. Jackpot.

NOPE. The whole point of having a triple screen app in game is for the game to automatically give you the correct FOV value for your settings. That's the way iRacing and Assetto Corsa do it. The triple monitor app in PC2 is broken.