PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone actually drive the Clio cup car??

ginger86
24-09-2017, 19:08
I am really struggling with the Clio cup car, it has massive lift off oversteer and no matter what I do with the setup it gets no better, I'm over 6 seconds a lap slower than the AI.

Any tip would help!!

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 19:12
Never lift the gas pedal :D

ginger86
24-09-2017, 19:20
���� I'll give it a try!!!

sigurd
24-09-2017, 19:25
No experience with that car but I had a hell of a time trying to drive the Audi DTM car at first. It's even AWD and was a handful. What I realized after going around in circles with the setup is that it all boiled down to my FFB in my wheel not translating the car correctly. I finally found a decent FFB feel and now I can drive the car fine on default setup.

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 20:50
For the Renault the issue will be cold rear tyres. Take it really easy until they’re up to temp..
With a controller is ridiculously difficult to do, but that’s the reason for the sliding :)
Also to close the 6 second gap, lower the difficulty?

ironik
24-09-2017, 20:57
It's really hard to increase the rear tyres temp but that's not necessary. Rear tyres serve no real purpose. They're just following the front :D

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 20:59
It's really hard to increase the rear tyres temp but that's not necessary. Rear tyres serve no real purpose. They're just following the front :D

:confused: I hope that’s sarcasm ... :cool:

Aizcold
24-09-2017, 21:01
I love the Clio Cup. It's great to drive, but you can't drive it the same way as say your standard RWD car. It's also meant to have that oversteer, so I don't know how much use tuning that away would be. My best advice would simply be to drive it a bunch and get used to it, and try to never lift off completely unless you're going in a straight line. Once you to it actually becomes very good fun to catch it every time it does try to kill you with massive lift off oversteer.

ironik
24-09-2017, 21:03
Not really sarcastic! ;) Casey said something along the line during development.
Actually, the rotating rear is part of the fun in these cars. You couldn't drive it as fast if the rear wasn't prone to rotate.

Edit : ninja'd

medse87
24-09-2017, 21:41
The Clio is a fun little car. you need to use the rear and stay on the gas when you lose the rear to straighten up again.
It's a great car for close races with the right group of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23rZGmXfvA&t=367s

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 22:11
What you need to understand is that the Clio is a FWD. Once you begin to sideways, floor the throttle. As it's FWD, this will "pull" the car from the spin. The easy way to take corners is to have precise amount of throttle so you can make the rear end "dance" and catch it by applying more throttle if needed.

German1
25-09-2017, 12:14
I have had the same problem and anyone else who has actually raced FWD cars, you know that the amount the ass end gets loose is very over exaggerated and there is inconsistency in the game for this car as well. I started the Clio Cup on Brands Hatch (on of my favorite tracks) and it was like driving a greased up cat regardless of keeping tension on the throttle, then I get to Oulton Park and practice in the rain with ZERO issues. Then I get qualifying on a dry track and the same issue with an ass happy car started again.

RAVEracer
25-09-2017, 12:45
I can have this one on the limit of spinning, more easily than in pCARS1. Once you adjust to driving it it's genuinely fun to chuck about.

Djuvinile
25-09-2017, 13:47
Havent tried them in Pcars 2 but loved them on PC1 , 1 tip is never brake these cars when ur in a corner, all the braking must be done before u turn your wheel.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 13:51
Nicolas Hamilton who races in the Clio Cup series gave the OK for this car in game, so you cant get a better recommendation than that.
He states that the first few laps in this car are like driving on ice.

azzamann79
25-09-2017, 23:45
This sounds like the exact same issue I had with the car. Could not make any pace at Brands Hatch Indy in the sun. Then in the rain at Oulton Park and Snetterton it was stuck to the track like glue. Seemed to get slidy again when it cleared up on both tracks. Then no issues in the sun at Knockhill only to have it feel touchy again at Silverstone. Very inconsistent.

I have had the same problem and anyone else who has actually raced FWD cars, you know that the amount the ass end gets loose is very over exaggerated and there is inconsistency in the game for this car as well. I started the Clio Cup on Brands Hatch (on of my favorite tracks) and it was like driving a greased up cat regardless of keeping tension on the throttle, then I get to Oulton Park and practice in the rain with ZERO issues. Then I get qualifying on a dry track and the same issue with an ass happy car started again.

steve101x
28-09-2017, 08:46
What you need to understand is that the Clio is a FWD. Once you begin to sideways, floor the throttle. As it's FWD, this will "pull" the car from the spin. The easy way to take corners is to have precise amount of throttle so you can make the rear end "dance" and catch it by applying more throttle if needed.

Really couldn't drive this car at all, thought there was something wrong with the car or tires.Then tried what you
suggested now getting pole on qualifying and winning races.

tonaz
28-09-2017, 09:28

You mean, as soon as it lose traction, sliding, push to full throttle? i always have to super countersteer and it is not easy at all

saygday1
28-09-2017, 10:13
was having the same problem with this little beast, I was able to get it to drive like it was on rails by, tyre pressure, changing ride height and moving the brake distribution
my set up if it helps I know everyone drives these car differently

Tyre pressure front = 1.62
Tyre pressure rear = 1.54
lowered the front of the car by 2, did not touch the rear ride height
Brake distribution = 60/40

I know this might sound crazy but I found it by accident, the wet tyres seem to hold more grip on these cars and stop the over steer
I hope it helps and I know everyone drives differently, but it worked for me

ralphy0502
28-09-2017, 10:17
That Clio Cup car is the hardest car to drive on any game ever LOL.

The trick is, make sure you have throttle applied just before lifting SMOOTHlY off the brake. You can't trail brake as much as most other cars either. you need to be super super smooth

steve101x
28-09-2017, 10:19
You mean, as soon as it lose traction, sliding, push to full throttle? i always have to super countersteer and it is not easy at all

That's exactly what I've been doing, it can be hard to judge at first but with a bit of practice your throttle input straightens the car up with very little steering input needed.