PDA

View Full Version : Smoothen out the track

Saloei
24-09-2017, 19:46
I can make out every stone on the tarmac. This gives the game a grainy, rough feel. I've lowered all settings to low and disabled Anisotropic Filtering. I can't imagine seeing every little stone that makes up the tarmac when racing at speed. I understand we want details, but that's over doing it! Blur effect is on HIGH. How can I make the track look smooth like in Pcars1? I don't want to see every little stone on the tarmac.

pyide_maybe
24-09-2017, 21:06
Lowering the texture detail might help. I'd make sure your driver settings aren't forcing Anisotropic Filtering as well, disabling that alone in game should get rid of all road detail ahead of you, ground textures in any game will appear lower detail and blurry when AF is off. (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Anisotropic_filtering_en.png)

The only other thing I can think of is use the helmet cam with helmet dof enabled. When you start moving fast enough it blurs the hell out of your surroundings. You could also try a post-process motion blur shader via reshade or sweetfx, but those generally look pretty bad.