PDA

View Full Version : The online experience REALLY needs to be looked at.

Kebabfelix
24-09-2017, 20:47
I love this game and the only thing that is grinding my gears is the online system.

1. Filter options

Why can't we filter out races that are already running? No one is interesting in joining a race and being 2 laps behind. We should also be able to filter ranked games only.

2. Bugs in the server browser

You can only filter the amount of players once and if you try again it will break, also there is a maximum of 50 servers to be displayed.

3. Rating system

The rating system is great however it needs to be tweaked. I had 1500, my PC crashed and I lost 40 rating. After that I did 8 races with 7 podiums and 6 wins to climb back.

You shouldn't be able to leave races like in other games however a -50 to rating is very excessive.

4. Leaderboards

Where are the leaderboards? Best driver in your country, best laptimes in races? So much potential.

honespc
24-09-2017, 21:07
And what about the setup bugs online too?, and the session hanging on loading screens prior next qualy or race?; and the crashes to desktop from online sessions (again this one from pc1 lol)?

The entire weekend getting frustrated with those two only. Amazing revolutionary game full of bugs, again, specially on multiplayer.

Jeez there's just too many bugs

Brado23
24-09-2017, 21:44
I noticed point number 2 as well. The way to get around it is to filter another different column and then go back and sort number of players again, but I agree you should be able to sort the same column over and over.

One thing I don't like is how you can't see the number of laps of a race before you Ready up. This makes it difficult/impossible to know how much fuel to add in setup for races that have fuel usage.

The game has great potential if some of these things can be sorted out fairly quickly.

takaii
25-09-2017, 03:49
I love this game and the only thing that is grinding my gears is the online system.

1. Filter options

Why can't we filter out races that are already running? No one is interesting in joining a race and being 2 laps behind. We should also be able to filter ranked games only.

I dont get why races that are running are even showing up. There should anyway be great much detail to the filter to personlice to any preference.

-carbo-
25-09-2017, 04:25
I actually don't mind active races showing up as I may want to join some mates. In the meantime I can hop in and spectate, but we should have an option to filter them out.

the nanard
25-09-2017, 06:14
And it's also impossible to see the number of laps and the rules for the race after we have left the lobby for the race.

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 06:43
I can't help myself but I know you mean 'looked at' as opposed to 'overlooked'....

nono782
25-09-2017, 07:14
It would be a good thing to see which cars the lobby players pick.

FlyinJake
25-09-2017, 11:08

You can, it shows a picture of the car you choose in the Lobby (maybe someone wants the name of the car on screen).

FlyinJake
25-09-2017, 11:09

4. Leaderboards

Where are the leaderboards? Best driver in your country, best laptimes in races? So much potential.

Go to Time Trial, that is where you will see World Record, Friends best and your own fastest lap when you have chosen a track and a car.

Kebabfelix
25-09-2017, 13:00
I can't help myself but I know you mean 'looked at' as opposed to 'overlooked'....

I'm tired after playing your game so much Ian ;)

But yeah I take that you read my post and you have the feedback from the community to fix the bugs, also please consider more filter options and ranked leaderboard :D

JO Simracing
25-09-2017, 14:15

1. Filter options

2. Bugs in the server browser

You can only filter the amount of players once and if you try again it will break, also there is a maximum of 50 servers to be displayed.

3. Rating system

The rating system is great however it needs to be tweaked. I had 1500, my PC crashed and I lost 40 rating. After that I did 8 races with 7 podiums and 6 wins to climb back.

You shouldn't be able to leave races like in other games however a -50 to rating is very excessive.

4. Leaderboards

I did a couple of laps yesterday for the first time and still found a number of these issues there... :(

dlocke
26-09-2017, 18:21
I see cars jumping all over the track...ghost cars in the middle of the track that look like any other car.... People crashing and keep going at almost full speed.... Not sure I get how this is working as intended. On iRacing low pings cause cars to warp and jump so I can see that on some races . Also whats up with cars that fly? I hit an indy car that pulled onto the track and it went 20-40 ft into the air. Even on single player the cars seem to have no weight once they leave the track.

Ramshackle
26-09-2017, 18:55

Yes. It's helpful to see which cars people are finishing well with. It's difficult to identify the cars with just the small picture.

MortICi
26-09-2017, 21:25
The MP needs some serious TLC:

The chatbox is just awful. You can only type like one line, less characters than a tweet... It looses focus after every send in the lobby.

No voice chat?

Car Name missing in session/lobby, just a picture
If original host leaves, new host gets bugged and forces identical cars
No lap/time race info in session, in pit
Unable to change race slots per track in MP session
Unable to change multiclass/sameclass/identical in MP Lobby

There is more but i seriously need to grab a pen an paper to write all these down...

Once the race starts the game is phenominal, but the pre race experience is just frustrating...

Oliver Johann
26-09-2017, 22:31
The MP is a good step in the right direction.

Some things I would like:

In the lobby it would be nice to see the total length of the race without having to click on it, so I see immediately if the race is 10 min or 60 min long for example.
Coming from iracing I miss voice chat and the possibilty to bind keys to short chat messages like "Sorry" and "Thanks" (maybe this is possible, I haven't figured it out).
Another thing where iracing is better is the race statistics. In iracing the statistics for every race you took part is saved in a database. It would be nice to have some statistics for completed races like results, best laptimes, loss/gain of rating, etc saved in a database, so your online racing becomes more like a "serious" career instead of just random races. This is psychological really effective.

Norxman
26-09-2017, 23:44
The game and racing is so good when everything works.

It does get janky as hell when it doesn't though.

A lot seems to be ping/lag related as well. Would be nice if I as host could set a max ping level. Having everyone in the lobby under 200 ms would solve a lot. Would just be nice as an option.

Having the ability to go back into lobby after returning to pit box would also be nice. To check how many laps/weather settings and such again. I forget easily.

As for a lot of the other issues I have faith a lot will be ironed out with patching in the near future.

shiberu
27-09-2017, 05:55
I noticed point number 2 as well. The way to get around it is to filter another different column and then go back and sort number of players again, but I agree you should be able to sort the same column over and over.

One thing I don't like is how you can't see the number of laps of a race before you Ready up. This makes it difficult/impossible to know how much fuel to add in setup for races that have fuel usage.

The game has great potential if some of these things can be sorted out fairly quickly.

Yes! We need more information during in-game about Quali duration and Race duration. I learned to take note of the race length/weather at the pre-game lobby to make adjustments, but this isn't exactly optimal...

Kebabfelix
28-09-2017, 06:20
The MP needs some serious TLC:

The chatbox is just awful. You can only type like one line, less characters than a tweet... It looses focus after every send in the lobby.

No voice chat?

Car Name missing in session/lobby, just a picture
If original host leaves, new host gets bugged and forces identical cars
No lap/time race info in session, in pit
Unable to change race slots per track in MP session
Unable to change multiclass/sameclass/identical in MP Lobby

There is more but i seriously need to grab a pen an paper to write all these down...

Once the race starts the game is phenominal, but the pre race experience is just frustrating...

Oh god I hate that you can't see how many laps you are about to make after you done qualify. "Oh I'm just gonna fill in 60 liters and hope for the best"

It's seriously like one line of code to present the laps before the race (We get weather and wind info)

The whole online system has to be streamlined because there are some really cringy mistakes that I can't understand how they have missed.

Anyways, still loving it and will just wait for the patch :)

honespc
28-09-2017, 06:33
Let's hope we get that patch by the weekend start or so. I don't feel like reliving last weekend online frustration from game release.

Setup save bugs are priority one right now imo. The loading screen hang/crash to desktop that sometimes happen online..., I don't even count on that, as it made its way through pc1 all the way. So many races ruined with that one. Funny the "virtual error" screen does not appear now when it happens lol, as If they would have concealed it somehow