PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer sessions

rillo7105
24-09-2017, 20:56
Is it a bug or what? Why would i want to join a race session already in progress?

What is the meaning of the last column in the public mo list?

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 16:24
I agree, I think it's a stupid design decision to have already started races shown in the multiplayer list.

The last column (L/P/Q/R) shows in which state the session is. I only look at Q sessions.

F1_Racer68
25-09-2017, 19:21
Allowing to join a race in progress is far from a stupid idea. Once agian, this is a feature that is needed for leagues and eSports. It's to allow spectators to join, the same as iRacing allows.

The last column is the session stated as mentioned. Lobby/Practice/Qualifying/Race (L/P/Q/R).

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 20:05
Alright, there are some valid use-cases. But I bet 99% of the people browsing the list of games are interested in joining a game to race in, not to spectate. If half the games are already in the racing phase, most people browsing the list see a lot of irrelevant entries.

Maybe an LPQR filter would solve this issue.

rillo7105
26-09-2017, 08:27
Allowing to join a race in progress is far from a stupid idea. Once agian, this is a feature that is needed for leagues and eSports. It's to allow spectators to join, the same as iRacing allows.

The last column is the session stated as mentioned. Lobby/Practice/Qualifying/Race (L/P/Q/R).

I get that but those races should be filtered out if i'm not interested in all race sessions. Maybe there is some wip for the filter in the lobby..

321Respawn
26-09-2017, 16:56
Totally agree it is annoying as hell and really difficult to find a race to join when almost every race with players in it are already in mid race.
To make matters worse when you join as spectator in a race with only 1 lap or 4 minutes left most leave the lobby when the race is over leaving us searching again.
Please add a filter for this.

X2k3 MaxPayne
26-09-2017, 19:58
Would be nice when you see clearly in which Session they are before joining the server.