PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying -do you have to do all 15mins?

Fow
24-09-2017, 21:16
I have run in qualifying several times and post good times, I then go into the pits and skip to end of qualifying, but always find myself in 12th. Am I just slow (could be true) but in the race I can battle my way back up to 3rd ish. Is there a way to reduce the qualifying time period? If you don't have qualifying turned on do you always start in 12th?

Roddie78
24-09-2017, 21:30
Hoping its a bug because its really annoying, if its not then they should add an option to speed up time

SALAMINIZER
24-09-2017, 21:47
If you skip to the end of qualifying, you will always end up last. It's absolutely ridiculous. And as far as I can see there's no way to reduce the qual time. I skip practice and qualifying altogether.

Goooner1
25-09-2017, 13:51
It definitely needs a Fast Forward option, we had one in PC 1.

Is there any way to alter the session times in career? It lets me change race length, but with practice and qualifying it's just on/off. I don't want 30 minutes practice thanks :)

Canadian_2Four
25-09-2017, 14:53
You can skip ahead when qualifying when in the pit box, also I have skipped ahead to end qualifying with no issues but this was also when all AI cars were done and sitting in their pit box with about 5min left, when I started the race I was still in first with no issues.

AbeWoz
25-09-2017, 14:55
the skip to end bug is a known issue. i usually run the first couple minutes of practice to get the car how I like, and then run quali in its entirely. Use the first half as an additional practice session and the rest to put in some fast laps.

JumperM0nkey
26-09-2017, 10:09
I have skipped only 1 minute of one qualifying sessions because I was something like +5 seconds above the fastest AI lap time and I just couldn't squeeze any more time out of myself due to controller issues (different topic for a different time)

But I've found that even when I do the full qualifying session I still find myself in last position - granted this was in the Ginetta Manufacturer event - but still I feel like I should have been 1st seeing as I qualified 1st and was even shown at the end of qualifying that I was 1st.

Goooner1
07-10-2017, 17:09
In one of the captions that come up on the loading screens it definitely says you can change the length of practice and qualifying sessions from 1 minute to 60 minutes or something. Those times could be wrong, I’ve only noticed the message once, but it seems they definitely should be adjustable. The only thing I’ve been able to change is race length.

At one point in the rain at Snetterton, I was on poll 6 seconds ahead of the AI, I had to sit and wait 20 minutes for the session to finish.

Plato99
08-10-2017, 08:30
It was a bug in PC1 and one that’s also made it back in to PC2. I find it difficult to fathom how a widely publicised and acknowledged issue in the first game then makes it in to the sequel.

Siberian Tiger
08-10-2017, 08:32
Because it slipped back in... During WMD it was a long Time no Problem to Skip to the End. Then something "broke" it. It's sometimes not easy to just revert.

But i can assure you, that this is fixed in the upcoming Patch.

SpiffyTheSeal
08-10-2017, 08:53
Because it slipped back in... During WMD it was a long Time no Problem to Skip to the End. Then something "broke" it. It's sometimes not easy to just revert.

*excite*!

Mowzer
08-10-2017, 09:51
I normally run my laps then jump back to the pitbox and let the session run while i make a cup of tea.

SpiffyTheSeal
08-10-2017, 10:28
I normally run my laps then jump back to the pitbox and let the session run while i make a cup of tea.

Good shout.

Also, Bristol? I'm Bath!

Mowzer
08-10-2017, 10:32
Ah Bath lovely place im not far from there i live in Yate ;).

SpiffyTheSeal
08-10-2017, 10:35
Ah Bath lovely place im not far from there i live in Yate ;).

I used to live in Frampton Cotterell near Winterbourne, small world! :D I still have good friends in Yate even now.

Mowzer
08-10-2017, 10:36
I used to live in Frampton Cotterell near Winterbourne, small world! :D

Lol yeah indeed very small :cool:.

Plato99
08-10-2017, 17:32

Me too. My shares in Yorkshire Tea are also doing very well as a result.

Goooner1
08-10-2017, 18:35

Good to know.

Is that just the skip to end or the adjustable sessions lengths as well?

Nemesis X2
09-10-2017, 07:02
Hopefully the ability to speed up time also, as in PC1. You may start qualifying in rain but have good weather coming so no point starting in the rain when you'll get better times when it clears. In that instance you want to speed up time until maybe 5 mins have gone before leaving the pits.

Olijke Poffer
09-10-2017, 07:06
Does thos count for the free practise round as well. I canít skip or exit the practise round. You need to sit out the whole period. I normally have a practise time of 15min but cannot exit the free practise round without closing the whole weekend race so to speak..

dault3883
09-10-2017, 07:07
the skip to end bug is a known issue. i usually run the first couple minutes of practice to get the car how I like, and then run quali in its entirely. Use the first half as an additional practice session and the rest to put in some fast laps.

yes it is and its a bug thats been there since pc1

Goooner1
09-10-2017, 14:18
Does thos count for the free practise round as well. I canít skip or exit the practise round. You need to sit out the whole period. I normally have a practise time of 15min but cannot exit the free practise round without closing the whole weekend race so to speak..

Most of the practice rounds I've come across have been 30 minutes and no way to adjust them, no problem skipping to the end of practise, because it's irrelevant really if the AI suddenly speeds up by 10 seconds, in qualifying you're forced to sit it out or end up at the back of the grid, despite setting a comfortable poll time in the first 5 minutes.

Olijke Poffer
09-10-2017, 15:05
Yeah but I don’t have the option to skip. Only a quit race option but that ends the whole quick race weekend.. not only the qualifying.

Plato99
09-10-2017, 16:10
Was it because you started work on PC2 before it was fixed in PC1? Go on, you can tell me, my lips are sealed :)

Mowzer
09-10-2017, 16:39
Shhhhhh.