PDA

View Full Version : Delete/Reset Driver Profile

DanBeats90
24-09-2017, 21:19
Hi all. I've spent the weekend practicing away and now feel in a position to start a career. However I want to delete my profile and start from scratch as my stats are completely warped due to restarting after crashing etc (it's says I've started about 80 races or something stupid). Any ideas how to do this? Tried deleting the folder in my documents but no luck.

Attackmack
24-09-2017, 22:12
we are talking about the online race profile right?
Because im in the same boat, having a high number of starts but without finishing.

it might not be a big deal but the online profile really shouldnt track unfinished offline races :/

ryandtw
24-09-2017, 22:17
I'm thinking about clearing my offline profile...are the online profiles linked to the Steam/PSN/Xbox Live accounts or something?

eracerhead
24-09-2017, 22:30
we are talking about the online race profile right?
Because im in the same boat, having a high number of starts but without finishing.

it might not be a big deal but the online profile really shouldnt track unfinished offline races :/

The system was explicitly designed that way. Nothing ruins a good online race than 2/3rds of the grid bailing out midrace, for whatever reason. Nothing personal, but people who make a habit of that are people I don't want in my lobbies.

And if it were easy to reboot your profile and get a 'fresh start', that would defeat the entire purpose of the ranking system.

Join more races, quit less and your performance rankings will trend higher over time.

DanBeats90
24-09-2017, 22:33
This is exactly my point. I'm not somebody who bails on races online but at the same time I didn't want to jump straight in before I was ready. Hence why I have spent all weekend practicing. It's like a catch 22 - by practising to the point where I could hold my own I've also ruined my license. Surely because those were offline quickly races they aren't tied to my account forever?

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 22:55
Your local files will be in:

Documents\Project CARS 2\

DanBeats90
24-09-2017, 23:12
Your local files will be in:

Documents\Project CARS 2\

Found those and deleted them. Then loaded the game back up but still with those 80-plus practice races and my 0.1% completion stat!!

I'll give you an example of why this is so annoying. I was finding the starts of races particularly difficult. I didn't want to go online and cause a first corner pile up to damage my license so I loaded up a race at Silverstone and started myself in the middle of the pack. I raced the first lap and then restarted about 20 times until I had nailed the opening corners of the race without causing an incident. Now I'm much better prepared to go online but all of those races have screwed my license over!

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 23:25
Yea, most of the stats (as far as I know) are kept online which you don't have access to...

If you ignore the stats and just race, you'll enjoy everything a lot better. ;)

DanBeats90
24-09-2017, 23:30
Yea, most of the stats (as far as I know) are kept online which you don't have access to...

If you ignore the stats and just race, you'll enjoy everything a lot better. ;)

Bit hard to ignore them when they're what other people judge me on when deciding whether to let me join their online race!! That's why I want them wiped. Surely it should only be online racestats that are kept and used on the license?

clanky
25-09-2017, 00:28
Whoa, wait a minute. So are you saying your racing score effects your career (offline) races as well? I've been avoiding online races, since I am getting constant game crashes and focusing nearly all offline. Or are we talking about something different here? I am a bit confused lol.

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 00:34
Bit hard to ignore them when they're what other people judge me on when deciding whether to let me join their online race!! That's why I want them wiped. Surely it should only be online racestats that are kept and used on the license?

Whoa, wait a minute. So are you saying your racing score effects your career (offline) races as well? I've been avoiding online races, since I am getting constant game crashes and focusing nearly all offline. Or are we talking about something different here? I am a bit confused lol.

I don't believe any of those offline stats affect (positively or negatively) your online rating.

Morgan Henstridge
25-09-2017, 01:18
I have only done offline Career races, and have won the first 4 championships, and my license still says U-1500, so offline wins etc are definitely not affecting the license rating.

The Finish Rate is including offline races, but it is in your "stats section" that covers all types of races, including career, solo, community and online. So that is expected. That Finish Rate stat is not just for online races.

Stats does not equal Online Rating.

DanBeats90
25-09-2017, 05:22
I have only done offline Career races, and have won the first 4 championships, and my license still says U-1500, so offline wins etc are definitely not affecting the license rating.

The Finish Rate is including offline races, but it is in your "stats section" that covers all types of races, including career, solo, community and online. So that is expected. That Finish Rate stat is not just for online races.

Stats does not equal Online Rating.

That's reassuring, thanks for the info. Begs the question though why we can't just reset the offline stats. Again just from an ocd point of view I'd prefer not to have all my "practice" races influencing my car/track affinity, race finish percentage, etc. Be nice to have a genuine reflection of my career when I do start it.

pyide_maybe
25-09-2017, 06:51
You have to disable steam cloud saves for the game (choose properties when right clicking pcars2 in steam). Then delete your save / profile from documents so it creates a new one instead of pulling down the online backup when the game is launched.

You'll have to reconfigure everything. Then if you want to enable cloud saves again for your new profile, enable the option before exiting the game (it uploads new data when you quit). Or you can just keep cloud saves disabled for the game and do manual backups. Your call.

DanBeats90
25-09-2017, 08:13
You have to disable steam cloud saves for the game (choose properties when right clicking pcars2 in steam). Then delete your save / profile from documents so it creates a new one instead of pulling down the online backup when the game is launched.

You'll have to reconfigure everything. Then if you want to enable cloud saves again for your new profile, enable the option before exiting the game (it uploads new data when you quit). Or you can just keep cloud saves disabled for the game and do manual backups. Your call.

Perfect. I knew there must be a way to do it! Thank you very much for your response; I'll give this a go later.