PDA

View Full Version : [Review] There still have some areas of improvements.

Flamaros
24-09-2017, 21:42
A Quick review after 7 hours of play, in reality I haven't played it for 7 hours because of configuration time it request.

Globally I think that it is better than PCARS 1 for the following things :

A bigger content (cars and tracks)
AI improved (no more off road)
Live track 3.0 seems promising (not enough tested)
Improved weather system (with snow addition,...)
Addition of Rally cross
You can pit the car yourself and do the deceleration lap

I loved PCARS 1, because it was the first, and I had some more expectations for this new episode.
Sincerely even with the nice additions of PCARS 2, I am not sure that it deserve to be a full new product, maybe patch and DLC would have been enough.

Here are things that I hope that would be improved or fixed with patches :

TrakIR should not request to start the game in VR mode (I am not able to launch the game from the systray icon of steam), maybe a command line option can do the trick
FFB still not ready out of the box (bumps and kerbs are softer than the road?), luckily Jake Sprade custom files are already here (but only for PC gamers)
Some tracks aren't laser scanned (Silverstone, Imola) and need an additional FBB noise, I can be ok with that, but at least the noise should be added to the track data and not applied even for tracks that doesn't have this issue
The message about the limited speed in pits isn't clear in french, it tells that the speed is limited, not that we need to activate the limiter (it is confusing), having an indicator of the distance before the speed should be at 60km/h can be necessary as some tracks doesn't have a line (same for the pit exit)
Subtitles are printed at the bottom of the screen and can be hidden by our wheel, the addition of on option to put subtitles at the top of the screen would be great
AI still request some improvements (to big differences in performances between tracks, still cause a lot of crashs, doesn't know what is an out lap)
Default car settings doesn't take care of qualifications and the car is full of gas
Unique weekend format (1 FP, 1 Qualification session, 1 or 2 races), but some category have different rules (3 qualification sessions, 2 hot lap addition for Qualifications, inverted top 8 for race two,...)

And I'll finish with some small graphical bugs:
SSAO that is to strong around wheels of cars (specially with open wheels):

On some tracks some objects are flying:

We can have dust on the helmet even in a closed car:

Youloze
25-09-2017, 00:54
You can move the subtitles (as well as other things) around using the HUD edited while in race.

Flamaros
25-09-2017, 19:55
You can move the subtitles (as well as other things) around using the HUD edited while in race.

Thank you for the info, it make one issue fixed for me ;)

AbeWoz
25-09-2017, 19:58
also, race cars are not completely closed. even if the 'window' is closed there are still air ducts and vents for the drivers inside, as well as AC (in newer GT/LMP cars).

Flamaros
25-09-2017, 23:14
also, race cars are not completely closed. even if the 'window' is closed there are still air ducts and vents for the drivers inside, as well as AC (in newer GT/LMP cars).

The air inside the car isn't filtered to win weight? In this case it is good to know that.

I am just a little surprise because I don't remember to have seen a driver in a closed car (DTM or Nascar) remove a tear-off, but I am watching F1 mostly.

More I practice more I appreciate and discover physics improvement notably with the live track.

AI that doesn't pit after a wheel lost.

I have seen many accidents with the AI during this free practice session, it seems that the AI don't like chicanes a slow tight curves.