PDA

View Full Version : Oculus not working [Solved]

Schumi7XWC
24-09-2017, 21:54
Hi all,

This is driving me nuts, the game starts up fine in VR mode and I can view menus through HMD no problems but as soon as It puts me in the cockpit the screen goes grey. Its like I'm in the cockpit still cos I can see my position bar and track map clearly and I can still recenter my view but I cant see any of the actual track car or surroundings or cockpit. WTF!!

I have tried turning shared memory on and even reinstalling the game as well as starting through both STeam VR and Oculus VR but both offer the same result.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Abbe414
25-09-2017, 01:04
I'm having the exact same issue, on launch day, VR worked great. The next day I get a black screen with no car or environment, all i see is the hud, virtual mirror and the sound of the car. I've done three reinstall, updated my Oculus and downloaded the newest drivers for the gtx1070. I'm hoping a patch will fix this soon! Bought this game for VR, I'm going crazy too. Hate to spend money on something that's not working right.
Windows 10
GtX 1070
i7 4770k
16GB Ram

Morgan Henstridge
25-09-2017, 01:15
Hi Guys, it is certainly a weird one.

Maybe worth deleting the following graphics config files from "\Documents\Project CARS 2\"......

graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml
oculussettings.xml
openvrsettings.xml
triplescreensettings.xml

When you start the game again it should all be back to default graphics settings, and just check that is working a expected....

WIGG77
25-09-2017, 01:19
Also try downloading the Oculus tray tool. I find whenever something plays up, just right click the tray tool in your taskbar and select restart oculus service

Abbe414
25-09-2017, 01:40
Hi Guys, it is certainly a weird one.

Maybe worth deleting the following graphics config files from "\Documents\Project CARS 2\"......

graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml
oculussettings.xml
openvrsettings.xml
triplescreensettings.xml

When you start the game again it should all be back to default graphics settings, and just check that is working a expected....

Thank you, I'll give it a go..

Abbe414
25-09-2017, 01:42
Thank you, I'll try that too.

Abbe414
25-09-2017, 13:41
Morgan, This Worked!!!! Thank you for your idea!! I created a restore point just in case something happens. I owe you BIG Time! I would like to add you to my friends lift if you don't mind. Thanks, Travis

Schumi7XWC
27-09-2017, 03:30
Thanks Morgan it worked. Can you help me with another issue? I cant get the helmet to show in VR mode when I choose the helmet camera option. I have FOV set to 70 ( and have tried others) and the option to show helmet is checked YES but all i see when i do this is a visor. No actual helmet is rendering.

Its killing me!

thanks

Morgan Henstridge
27-09-2017, 03:36
There are 2 cockpit views, the helmet will only display in 1 of these.

You can tell when the helmet is enabled as the sound will be slightly muffled. Also note that some of the older vehicles with the older helmet styles, you will only see the helmet at the top of the image, as it is not a full face helmet.

There is an issue where a few vehicles are not displaying the helmet overlay, eg Lotus 98t and Lotus 78. So try one of the other Lotus cars as the rest of them are working for me.

If you come across another car where the overlay is not displaying, be sure to post it here so the Developers can fix it, but just make sure you have it enabled in the options and working on some cars first so we know its a car specific issue then.