PDA

View Full Version : TV camera angles in Rift?

AndyB16
24-09-2017, 22:40
Is there a way to watch relays in the oculus Rift using broadcast style cameras? All I see the option for are various gameplay views and one trackside camera at the start/finish line.

Also can't find a way to save replays?

Bad_Dan
27-09-2017, 13:57
Yes, wondered about that too. After seeing many nice replays in TV-style, I was disappointed to only see one fixed camera opposite to the pitlane. Is it any VR-related problem?
And also didnīt find a way to save replays.

clanky
27-09-2017, 16:45
Yes, wondered about that too. After seeing many nice replays in TV-style, I was disappointed to only see one fixed camera opposite to the pitlane. Is it any VR-related problem?
And also didnīt find a way to save replays.

Yeah with VR you only get 1 trackside view and it's from the perspective of a spectator. i don't understand this either I would have loved to have the same trackside views that you get when you do 2d. The best thing I have found is to Save the replay in VR it's the little disk icon in the middle right of the screen. Then boot up the game in 2D (no vr) then you can rewatch the replay using the different views. I am hoping that they add more viewing angles, kinda like in iracing (helicopter views, rear chase view, side view) and also add those views into VR.

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 16:46
Not only 1 Trackside View... You can toggle trough many with +- on your Numpad ;)

clanky
27-09-2017, 16:53
With VR? The 2d model keeps focus on your car and changes for you. I'll try again in VR but I couldn't get it to change.

CynicalSaint
27-09-2017, 20:54
Rift here, I can change through 4 or 5 trackside cameras in VR, but they are in no particular order, and it is hard to find your car. Would be nice to have access to the actual TV cams in VR.

clanky
07-10-2017, 16:50
Not only 1 Trackside View... You can toggle trough many with +- on your Numpad ;)

Yeah I tried this out you can change the views using + and - on the numpad, although it's a mess and I don't like it at all. Spend too much time cycling through it trying to find the right car/angle. What i've been doing is saving replays then watching them later in 2D. Question where are the replays stored at? I think i'd be interested in moving the replays to another computer to watch them later.