PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] PS4 - Fanatec Pedals not Recognised

C13ett
24-09-2017, 23:15
Hi, any help would be appreciated here, as right now my game is unplayable.

I have a fanatec CSL elite PS4 wheel and CSRelite pedals hooked up to PS4 work amazing in pCars1 now get pCars2 and while the wheel is recognised and works (though like others shows as a thrustmaster in the settings menu for some reason but with the correct picture) the game does not pick up my pedals at all!! - i have tried calibrating them i have tried assigning them to controls i can't work it out yet???

Ive already forked out for a new hell base to work with the PS4 i don't want to have to get new pedals now as well!!!

Cornworld
25-09-2017, 05:25
I had the same issues when just received my set. Maybe one off these options work. One. Update the driver and firmware as mentioned on the Fanatec site. Two. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the pedal at the pedal base does the trick. If you hook the pedals directly to the base they won’t show up in the menu but will work. Hope this fixes your problems.

C13ett
03-10-2017, 19:20
I have tried the firmware update and unplugging pedals at the wheel base.

On a PS4 so pedals and shifter are connected via the wheel base shifter is recognised and works fully - it is just thecpedals that do not show and do not work - they cannot be assigned calibrated or Work in game.

Exact set up
Fanatec CSL elite ps4 wheel base and rim - connected via USB to PS4
Fanatec clubsport shifter sq 1.5 connected to wheel base in ‘shifter1’
Fanatec CSR elite pedals connected to wheel base in ‘pedals’

Wheel is in PS4 mode works in menu screens
Steeung inputs and shifter inputs recognised, pedals not recognised in any way

Trans-Girl
04-10-2017, 08:02
Not trying to be funny or anything but have you tried going back to pcars cars 1 or another game, just to check the pedals are still OK? I use the V3 pedals and they work fine with the same wheelbase as yours, all I had to do was calibrate them

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 08:12
I just checked and it's a known issue, devs are working on it.

boshot
04-10-2017, 16:04
Hi, any help would be appreciated here, as right now my game is unplayable.

I have a fanatec CSL elite PS4 wheel and CSRelite pedals hooked up to PS4 work amazing in pCars1 now get pCars2 and while the wheel is recognised and works (though like others shows as a thrustmaster in the settings menu for some reason but with the correct picture) the game does not pick up my pedals at all!! - i have tried calibrating them i have tried assigning them to controls i can't work it out yet???

Ive already forked out for a new hell base to work with the PS4 i don't want to have to get new pedals now as well!!!

I'm using the same setup (CSL Elite PS4+CSR Elite Pedals), except the shifter, with no problems.

Have you already tried using it without the shifter?

Cornworld
04-10-2017, 17:57
I just checked and it's a known issue, devs are working on it.

Could you tell some more on how it’s possible that for one person it works, another with the same setup it doesn’t? In my case they work most of the time, sometimes they are not recognized but unplugging and reconnecting solves the problem. Sure hope that my newly purchased fanatec shifter isn’t causing issues.

boshot
04-10-2017, 18:37
Are you sure, you've the latest Fanatec FW installed on the CSL Elite PS4 Base?

With the old FW Version, I also had to un-and replug my pedals, that they are recognized in the game, e.g Assetto Corsa.

Cornworld
04-10-2017, 19:25
Yes, all updated to the latest firmware. All other games are fine, this one to most of the time. Just not consistent.

Snapper
11-12-2017, 23:00
Since patch 1.03 last weekend I have much improved FFB but if I go from one lobby to another I start to have odd things happen with my pedals (like low throttle level or stuck on full) before eventually the pedals aren’t recognised at all. I then have to unplug usb; restart PS4; restart wheel/pedals and reconnect usb and then all is ok but it’s a REAL PITA.

I have the CSL Elite & the Clubsport V3 pedals. Is this a known issue? And yes..I have the latest firmware. Any help appreciated.

Nomad06
13-03-2019, 16:59
I have the same issue, recognizes the wheel but not my pedals, I put it away for awhile as it was just getting too frustrating and had other SiMs to race with, but tried coming back and it still seems to be an issue.

I have my CsL elite pedals to PC, so selected separate pedals, edit, doesn’t recognize or calibrate pedals, doesn’t recognize.

So I see it’s a known issue but nothing if it’s been resolved!??

Of course every other SiM works fine, Ac, ACC, RaceRoom, GTSport, iRacing, but Pcars2 no work

TheSoulReaver03
13-03-2019, 17:06
I have the same issue, recognizes the wheel but not my pedals, I put it away for awhile as it was just getting too frustrating and had other SiMs to race with, but tried coming back and it still seems to be an issue.

I have my CsL elite pedals to PC, so selected separate pedals, edit, doesn’t recognize or calibrate pedals, doesn’t recognize.

Of course every other SiM works fine, Ac, ACC, RaceRoom, GTSport, iRacing, but Pcars2 no work

Working as intended. We at Slightly Mad Studios ("slightly mad" right, mind you) made it a deliberate design choice for the game not to realize the pedals. I Mean we've heard of this "issue" two years ago - as you can see from the start date of this thread. Please stop posting. The devs had made their choice on the implementation. Easiest resolution is to buy another set of pedals.

Disclamer: In case one of the genius mod can't figure it out, this is sarcasm.

Nomad06
13-03-2019, 20:15
LoL, well funny thing is, I saw another thread, can’t remember which, however the mods were convinced that it was a “user” issue, to the point of what appeared to be berating the dude, making him do check after check, stating it clearly was his issue...and thought to myself, this sounds vaguely familiar.

Anyway, I came across this thread were clearly it’s stated as a “known” issue, just surprises...that this hasn’t been cleared up?? Is this going to be another one of those, we’ll wait to Pcars3 to resolve?

Only on the video game industry can such a thing happen, I hope this is not the case...this can’t be happening again lol

Working as intended. We at Slightly Mad Studios ("slightly mad" right, mind you) made it a deliberate design choice for the game not to realize the pedals. I Mean we've heard of this "issue" two years ago - as you can see from the start date of this thread. Please stop posting. The devs had made their choice on the implementation. Easiest resolution is to buy another set of pedals.

Disclamer: In case one of the genius mod can't figure it out, this is sarcasm.

TheSoulReaver03
13-03-2019, 22:04
LoL, well funny thing is, I saw another thread, can’t remember which, however the mods were convinced that it was a “user” issue, to the point of what appeared to be berating the dude, making him do check after check, stating it clearly was his issue...and thought to myself, this sounds vaguely familiar.

Anyway, I came across this thread were clearly it’s stated as a “known” issue, just surprises...that this hasn’t been cleared up?? Is this going to be another one of those, we’ll wait to Pcars3 to resolve?

Only on the video game industry can such a thing happen, I hope this is not the case...this can’t be happening again lol

They couldn't be bothered to fix shit they messed up, and don't even have the decency to admit if they made a mistake with their choices. One could say they are...slightly mad.

Nomad06
31-03-2019, 19:34
Didn’t we go through this crap in the original Pcars, promises to fix crap broken, then promised to do better? Now again I have a game I can’t use?

They will be begging us to buy Pcars3 soon...won’t be a third time for me...you have admin in thread admitting to a known issue...but then don’t respond as to the fix?

Where in any other form of selling products do companies get away with this behaviour?

They couldn't be bothered to fix shit they messed up, and don't even have the decency to admit if they made a mistake with their choices. One could say they are...slightly mad.

Sankyo
01-04-2019, 09:00

Didn’t we go through this crap in the original Pcars, promises to fix crap broken, then promised to do better? Now again I have a game I can’t use?

They will be begging us to buy Pcars3 soon...won’t be a third time for me...you have admin in thread admitting to a known issue...but then don’t respond as to the fix?

Where in any other form of selling products do companies get away with this behaviour?

First of all, you state that you have your pedals connected to PC, so why are you posting in a PS4 thread? Addressing the right people will increase your chance of the problem getting solved as the problem/solution space is very different on PC compared to a PS4.
Furthermore, this was a known problem on PS4 and it was solved (1.5 years ago). If you now have a similar problem on PC, it's not the same problem so jumping to "SMS are evil" conclusions is quite premature.

Secondly, since you're the only person currently reporting an issue with this, chances are high that you have a local issue and there's no global issue with the game affecting everyone with this hardware set-up. Hence, posting "please help" in the right section without closing down the solution road with unjustified conclusions already may result in people helping you and hopefully solving the issue.

You could start with listing your system specs, connected controllers/hardware, operating system, how you assigned your controllers in pC2 and whether you see any errors or lack of controller recognition when doing that, etc.