PDA

View Full Version : My PS4 controller settings

monz
24-09-2017, 23:21
Saw the link posted for settings on another thread posted by a mod....the video is for an Xbox controller but it kinda helped dial mine in...may not solve all probs but certainly having loads more fun...

Starting with Steering deadzone 1,70,5,85,5,65,10,25,95,100,79,100,0,yes

Hope this takes some of the frustration out of the game although I've not tested with loads of cars.

apexbuddha
25-09-2017, 02:51
Thanks. I still need to try those Xbox settings, but this will serve as a good alternate.

apexbuddha
26-09-2017, 14:26
Saw the link posted for settings on another thread posted by a mod....the video is for an Xbox controller but it kinda helped dial mine in...may not solve all probs but certainly having loads more fun...

Hope this takes some of the frustration out of the game although I've not tested with loads of cars.

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for this info! I started last night with the Xbox settings and was doing alright, but switched over to your settings and had a much better experience! Tested three or four cars on the Mojave Boa and had a pretty darn consistent experience. So, thank you!!

monz
26-09-2017, 15:04
Try going into options and reassigning steering to tilt then back to stick...this definitely helps...try the gyroscope tilt method as well...works surprisingly well

unrealtairo
06-10-2017, 07:29

This helped tons more then anyone elses settings ive found,
All thats left is to tune the cars (majorly) and bugs get fixed, Still some non controller bugs occuring with handling, wheel or no wheel, but its playable for now. kinda

breyzipp
06-10-2017, 15:23
I’ll give this a try tonight

V_sNaiLoRd_12
06-10-2017, 15:27
10(standard)
25(standard)
95(standard)
100(standard)
OFF

breyzipp
06-10-2017, 17:34
Just for the record, these are the default settings :
7-17-10-30-10-75-10-25-95-100-67-50-0-yes

(Just posting in case I want to return to them since there is no reset to default)

breyzipp
06-10-2017, 17:54
Thanks. I still need to try those Xbox settings, but this will serve as a good alternate.

I have the game on both consoles and IMO the settings on both of them are pretty much interchangeable. So if you are searching for controller settings check out both Xbox and PS4 ones.

duri3
10-10-2017, 09:17
I yesterday found some really great settings in youtube, they work really good for me playing with DS4. I hope with sharing them here, I can hopefully help someone here make the game more playable.

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=akt0JIoyANE (In comments)

Gute Controller-Settings von Hurrada:
• Totzone Lenkung 5
• Empfindlichkeit Lenkung 0
• Totzone Gas 5
• Empfindlichkeit Gas 0
• Totzone Bremsen 5
• Empfindlichkeit Bremsen 0
• Tempo Empfindlichkeit 100
• Dämpfersättigung 0
• Controller Dämpfung 20

Masterplan
11-10-2017, 06:05
I've played just a bit yesterday. My first idea was to set controller based on Mercedes AMG GT3 on Monza, which is a combination that works very well for me. I was so struggling with it, I couldn't keep the Merc properly on track. WTF? Then I tried Ferrari 488 GTE and suddenly it was so easily controllable. They probably nerfed the Merc. Anyway here's my setting:

Steering Deadzone 5
Steering Sensitivy 0 --so far, when I get more familiar with the game, I'll increase it to like 5
Throttle Deadzone 10
Throttle Sensitivy 20
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivy 20
Clutch Deadzone ??
Clutch Sensitivy ?? --clutch is irrelevant for me
Speed Sensitivy 90
Damper Saturation 90 --I've no idea what this setting is supposed to do. Heavy wheel vs light wheel - I haven't noticed any difference.
Controller Damping 70
Controller Vibration 100 --I don't use vibrations
Minimum Shift Time 0

Jocky
11-10-2017, 12:46
Does Project car 2 support motion sensor control on ps4 dualshock?
Thanks.

stephensmattlee
11-10-2017, 18:28
Not sure exactly how much has changed with the 2.0 patch on PS4 but I’m really really enjoying PC2 now after being shelved for the past 3 weeks.

I spent a few hours playing with the controller settings and came across some settings that I’m really enjoying. Even on authentic assists.

Here are my settings and I’d love to get some feedback on what people think....

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 10
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 30
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 75
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 25
Speed Sensitivity: 95
Damper Saturation: 100
Controller Damping: 100
Controller Vibration: 75
Minimum Shift Time: 0

Also has anyone found that the graphics look much more vibrant and richer with the “Post-Processing Filters” turned off in the Visual FX settings?

Kicius_PL
11-10-2017, 18:55
Check my controller settings, i've working on it since day one game was released and now it's very good but it's not my last word i will working on and maybe improve it more in the future:

Steering Deadzone: 1
Steering Sensitivity: 44
Throttle Deadzone: 1
Throttle Sensitivity: 8
Brake Deadzone: 1
Brake Sensitivity: 8
Clutch Deadzone: 7
Clutch Sensitivity: 25
Speed Sensitivity: 78
Damper Saturation: 10 (this is most incomprehensible setting, but i'v noticed higher setup give more dead zones to control and makes car handle twitchy)
Controller Damping: 12
Controller Vibration: 65 (it' very personal, depends on your preferences of user)
Minimum Shift Time: 0

Masterplan
12-10-2017, 06:08
I've played just a bit yesterday. My first idea was to set controller based on Mercedes AMG GT3 on Monza, which is a combination that works very well for me. I was so struggling with it, I couldn't keep the Merc properly on track. WTF? Then I tried Ferrari 488 GTE and suddenly it was so easily controllable. They probably nerfed the Merc. Anyway here's my setting:

Steering Deadzone 5
Steering Sensitivy 0 --so far, when I get more familiar with the game, I'll increase it to like 5
Throttle Deadzone 10
Throttle Sensitivy 20
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivy 20
Clutch Deadzone ??
Clutch Sensitivy ?? --clutch is irrelevant for me
Speed Sensitivy 90
Damper Saturation 90 --I've no idea what this setting is supposed to do. Heavy wheel vs light wheel - I haven't noticed any difference.
Controller Damping 70
Controller Vibration 100 --I don't use vibrations
Minimum Shift Time 0

I still wasn't happy with my setting. Yesterday I tried higher steering sensitivity setting and it turned out that 20-25 might work for me much better. ;-)

Damper Saturation: 10 (this is most incomprehensible setting, but i'v noticed higher setup give more dead zones to control and makes car handle twitchy)

Really? I'll try that in the evening. ;-)

stephensmattlee
12-10-2017, 07:50
Probably not so much of a bug as more of a feature request.

Would there be any chance SMS could add a little more controller vibration when driving on the tracks?

You get vibrations when driving on the apex and off track but personally finding the vibration feel quite “muted” when actually on the circuits.
Probably part of the reason why the cars felt floaty and disconnected from the track when using a controller.

On PS4 btw

Anyone else agree?

Masterplan
12-10-2017, 16:46
OK, now I'm officially desperate. :-( I thought I had the controller settings set yesterday, but apparently not. :-( I'm unable to make the car go where I want to, can't keep up with the driving line. The steering feels like this: I move the left stick to a side and the car doesn't seem to turn enough, then it suddenly turns too quickly & too much.

Now this is my settings from the original Project CARS:
Steering deadzone 5
Steering Sensitivy 5
Throttle Deadzone 10
Throttle Sensitivy 20
Brake Deadzone 10
Brake Sensitivy 20
Speed sensitivity 65
Controller filtering sensitivity 50

Can anybody PLEASE tell me how to set up PC2 so the cars behave exactly the same way as they do with above shown settings in PC1?

Kicius_PL
13-10-2017, 10:57
Masterplan

Kicius_PL
13-10-2017, 10:58
Masterplan: Check speed sensitivity, if You set it to high result mayby just like You discribed it, for me about 80 is fine but remember setting this option to low makes car very sensitive in turns so You have to find some optimum that's fits for You. Check my settings several post above. IMPORTANT! remember always before race to go into car setting/setups and load one of setups (after 2.0 patch there are 2 setups in standard: stable and loose, for me stable works better) but sometimes even those setups are not perfect so You have to set some things manually that fits for You for example steering ratio or anti roll bar in suspension menu.

TheGoodLife
13-10-2017, 12:03
Hi Folks,

First time poster. I wanted to thank you all for sharing these settings, although I haven’t had too difficult of a time with the handling (I’ve only adjusted deadzone to 0 and steering to 50), I appreciate everyone sharing. I will definitely be trying some of these settings out. Also, question: d-pad or analog stick for steering? Again, thanks!

Kicius_PL
13-10-2017, 18:33
TheGoodLife: Definitely analog!, D-Pad works on principle 0/1 just like keybord so You don't have even half of steering control, without analog or steerin wheel it's impossible to take smooth turns or accelerate/brake.

TheGoodLife
13-10-2017, 20:58
Oh, I didn’t even think about that! Thank you for the input. Analog is definitely a better experience, so I’m sticking with it.

TheGoodLife
14-10-2017, 13:43
Hiya Folks,

I’m popping in to recommend the settings found in the video provided via link below. The settings provided changed the game for me, and coupled with the “Stable” tune preset, it provides a great feel and base for all cars. I reset all of my settings, made the changes in the video (75 damper controller rather than 79), and now I’m enjoying the game a lot more. Try it out and make minor tweaks to your liking. Happy racing!

https://youtu.be/578VLQXPnAs

Fly_in_fly_in
14-10-2017, 18:19
Hiya Folks,

I’m popping in to recommend the settings found in the video provided via link below. The settings provided changed the game for me, and coupled with the “Stable” tune preset, it provides a great feel and base for all cars. I reset all of my settings, made the changes in the video (75 damper controller rather than 79), and now I’m enjoying the game a lot more. Try it out and make minor tweaks to your]

Thank you for posting this. Copied the settings from the video and it has vastly improved the controls. I can just about keep a car on track now!

TheGoodLife
14-10-2017, 18:26
Thank you for posting this. Copied the settings from the video and it has vastly improved the controls. I can just about keep a car on track now!

I’m happy to hear the video helped you out! I’d also like to add that I keep the steering deadzone at 1, as I think rumble from the controller makes the analog shake/move a bit. But who knows, maybe I’m crazy.