PDA

View Full Version : Ginetta tire temps

z3r0cool77
24-09-2017, 23:32
On pcars 1 I had no trouble getting tires well up into green and even tuning each individual tire so that they all stay around optimal temp. In pcars 2, particularly in ginetta gt5 career, I cant so anything to get tires up to temp. I'm lucky if I can even get them to 40-50 deg. Even sitting doing burnouts wont heat up the tires. Bug? As I mentioned in another thread, with telemetry up the direction lines and force circles on the tires are dissapearing as soon as the car leaves pit row. Curious if the 2 problems are related.

Xbox one S
Logitech g920

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 01:25
Any one else confirm if they are able to get temps up (on xbox esp) and if they are having the same telemetry issue?

jclh127
25-09-2017, 02:26
Can confirm, tires not warming up (Ginetta GT5 Career)

Mon Pavion
25-09-2017, 02:35
I second that emotion. Stay blue even when doing brake torque burnouts for days

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 02:39
Thanks for the confirmations, will try some other cars tonight and see if all of them are the same.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 03:10
Ok I bought I just sucked at driving...it's. It just me lol. I can't get tire temps in the G40 GT5 either. I just did the Snetterton race, where it's at dusk, and gave up on the slicks. I put on the all weather tires, and found noticeably more grip and predictability. Even pushing as hard as I could, I could only get hen to 60 degrees, better than the 30 for the slicks, but still not great.

I don't know if it's me, but I'm having major issues with this championship. I did the Ginetta Jr championship, by the end I had the AI at 95 and 85 aggressiveness, and I still won the final race in the wet by 45 seconds. Switching to the GT5, with AI at 95, I was 8 seconds off the pace.

After much testing, I've turned the AI down to 65. I'm at the 3rd race, Silverstone in the wet. In the Jr series, at Silverstone in the wet with AI at 95, I smoked the competition. In the GT5, with AI at 65, I'm 2 seconds off the pace.

I cannot for the life of me find more pace, and I feel like an idiot turning the AI below 65...especially after having previously smoked the AI at 95. The most frustrating bit is that for 3/4 of the lap, I'm actually faster than the AI. In a straight line, I'm a solid 5-10 km/h faster. The only place the AI is faster than me is braking into Maggots/Becketts...it's 2 seconds per lap faster than me in 1 braking zone. I'm faster through Copse, faster though Brooklands and Luffield, and faster on the straights.

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 03:18
Good, so it isnt just me. Its been such a shock that I could play pcars1 at 80-100 and still win by a large margin dependinh on the track and now on gt5 in pcars 2 I'm getting owned. Admitedly I've improved a lot and theres still a few seconds of potential in the car as things are but something just hasnt felt right. I havent really driven anything but the gt5 in career so I dont really have any other benchmark.

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 03:19
FYI: AI numbers between PC1 and PC2 are wayyyy different. :)

retep998
25-09-2017, 03:36
What they should probably do is base the AI times on the time trial times. With a bit of statistical analysis it shouldn't be too hard to rebalance the AI to be closer to what actual players are able to achieve. Of course the game being so new there's not a whole lot of time trials recorded yet, but they can start with a rough rebalance and then incrementally refine it as more data comes in.

jclh127
25-09-2017, 03:40
FYI: AI numbers between PC1 and PC2 are wayyyy different. :)

Hey, I used to hover at around 55-65 on PC1, what is it here relatively on PC2?

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 03:44
Hey, I used to hover at around 55-65 on PC1, what is it here relatively on PC2?

No idea honestly, but it's not a scale... PC2 AI is much more complex than PC1. Completely new from the ground up.

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 05:02
Just tested some different cars, all on oulton park.
1. The tire telemetry is bugged on all of them. Once you leave pits the force indicators disappear.
2. The gt5 ginetta was worst of all for lack of tire temp but it was better in test session than career. Partly due to the cold in the career race. Its 12 deg c. But even at warmer temps the tires were hard to get over 50 deg.
3. Started a ginetta jr. career and its WAY easier than the gt5 career. In gt5 ai matched my times at lvl 40. In ginetta jr I easily beat them at lvl 70 w little to no track practice and no setup modifications. The jr is easier to drive yes, but my gt5 times are with a lot of practice and setup tweeks and I feel pretty on edge the whole lap.
4. The ABS TC and SC lights should be on in the ginetta (authentic assists) and they arent unless you turn assists to on and manually enable them. I tried it in other cars that have authentic abs/tc/sc and not only did the lights work the handling was markedly different. You could really feel the assists kicking in and in the ginetta changes to diff/abs hardly seem to make a difference if it even does at all. So I'm wondering if its the indicator for assists that is bugged or the cars drivetrain itself.

To the comment about pc1 amd pc2 times, I'm not comparing times I'm simply comparing ai in the gt5 career at a given difficulty to ai difficulty in both pc1 and in other classes in pc2.

reerdo
25-09-2017, 05:47
I am having the same tire warm up issues with the Ginetta GT5, and as per a thread I opened here was perplexed as to my I was able to do quick races at 70% AI and have good fun battles but go with 70% in career GT5 and I was getting battered. GT5 is the only career series I have done so far but from reading this I may try another one to see how that is.

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 07:23
I got those tire temp problems as well for Ginetta GT5 round 2/5 of career. I thought not being able to completely warm up tires in a 10 degrees cold temperature was normal but I struggled with AI being abnormally fast and not seeming to have any side effect of the cold tires. If the tire temperature of the player's car is the problem (and the AI doesn't suffer from that), that at least explains the abnormally strong AI here.

During qualifying of round 2/5 at Snetterton I raced the entire 20 minutes and my front tires got somewhere between blue and green, my left rear was the same but a bit more blue, my right rear was almost completely blue (there was maybe a little bit of green).
During the race I started all with green tires of course, massive grip compared to that qualifying but over time my tire temperatures went back to how they were at the end of qualifying.

I thought it was normal and a design choice that you could not completely warm up the tires of this car at 10 degrees track temperature, that quali session was so epic i even wrote a story about it :
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51696-Career-Mode-worth-buying-for&p=1362999&viewfull=1#post1362999

So my massively fun qualifying experience is all based on a bug with tires temperatures? lol :P I don't think a bug has ever been this epic. :P

The follow up race I just gave up :(
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51832-On-the-topic-of-AI&p=1363227&viewfull=1#post1363227

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 09:08
I have tested the issue several times and i can confirm the problem others are having. Tyres temperatures do not work.

In career mode with formula rookie, ginetta junior, ginetta gt5 it is impossible to get tyres into the right temperature. Try for example the irst race of the ginetta gt5 series in oulton park.

You start in the box with green tyres (80 degrees). Once you leave the pit and get to manual driving the tyres drop down to blue (20-30 degrees).
Since this moment you are totally unable to get them into green again, even loweting tyre pressure to the minimum and pushing to the limit for 5-6 laps in a row.

This makes qualyfing impossible.

While for the race you get green tyres.

OddTimer
25-09-2017, 09:15
yeah there is something funny going on with the Ginneta GT5. Slick tires never warm up and the car will spin around fast corners, for example Outon Park. I've tried the all weather tires as well at the same track, but it takes 5-6 laps to bring the temperature from 50s to high 70s....

Djuvinile
25-09-2017, 09:16
Ive started career in the ginetta junior (ps4) but after 2 laps of oulton park (short) tires are hot and i can really trow it into corners. easily qualifying 1st. i was kinda surprised by that because in the rookies (wich i did leagues with on pcars 1 and knew the car very well) i'm now all over the place.

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 09:25
Ive started career in the ginetta junior (ps4) but after 2 laps of oulton park (short) tires are hot and i can really trow it into corners. easily qualifying 1st. i was kinda surprised by that because in the rookies (wich i did leagues with on pcars 1 and knew the car very well) i'm now all over the place.

I have won ginetta junior championship uk1 and uk2. The issue started with the snowy race in brand hatch. I qualified last 4,5 seconds of the pace at 80% AI and then won the 10 minutes race by 5 seconds as i was provided with hot tyres on the grid.

After that i moved to ginetta gt5 but it is impossible to warm tyres.

yeah there is something funny going on with the Ginneta GT5. Slick tires never warm up and the car will spin around fast corners, for example Outon Park. I've tried the all weather tires as well at the same track, but it takes 5-6 laps to bring the temperature from 50s to high 70s....

yes, same here.

OddTimer
25-09-2017, 10:09
I have won ginetta junior championship uk1 and uk2. The issue started with the snowy race in brand hatch. I qualified last 4,5 seconds of the pace at 80% AI and then won the 10 minutes race by 5 seconds as i was provided with hot tyres on the grid.

yes, same here.

same here...JR is fine. GT5 seems to be the issue.

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 10:25

yes, same here.

same here...JR is fine. GT5 seems to be the issue.

formula rookie too

Leper Messiah
25-09-2017, 10:29
just a question.....anyone trying setups tweaks to try and rectify this? Could the default setup be an issue? (just playing devils advocate a tad here)

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 11:02
just a question.....anyone trying setups tweaks to try and rectify this? Could the default setup be an issue? (just playing devils advocate a tad here)

tried, no effect. Even running with super low pressures.
It Is a big issue, i had to quit my career and stop playing waiting for a patch..

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 11:45
Have tried all sorts of setup changes to no effect.

reerdo
25-09-2017, 11:54
I have also played about with driver aids being on or off and everything in between.

On a side note have full TC during the Silverstone Ginetta race is hilarious as the TC cuts in and out so much as you go along the puddle packed wellington straight that you never come our of 2nd gear but still squirm all over the place and get blasted by the AI sailing through the puddles with ease :)

It is such a shame as I desperately want to do the GT career path as they are my fav cars and in Quick Race I have truly had some of the best races of my life !!

OddTimer
25-09-2017, 11:56
yes, I tried different setups including super low tire temps, but still no grip.

Bealdor
25-09-2017, 12:08
I have also played about with driver aids being on or off and everything in between.

On a side note have full TC during the Silverstone Ginetta race is hilarious as the TC cuts in and out so much as you go along the puddle packed wellington straight that you never come our of 2nd gear but still squirm all over the place and get blasted by the AI sailing through the puddles with ease :)

It is such a shame as I desperately want to do the GT career path as they are my fav cars and in Quick Race I have truly had some of the best races of my life !!

What's your TC slip setting?

reerdo
25-09-2017, 12:10
What's your TC slip setting?

I never actually checked that, like I say I was mainly playing about with TC setting to try and get closer to the AI but will give the slip setting a go tonight as I enjoy the wet to drying to bucketing it down Sliverstone race :)

icebear
25-09-2017, 13:18
i have the same issue with the ginetta impossible to drive at knockill.
i was wondering if i became that bad at driving since pc1 then i tried the same ginetta in timetrial and it was a totally different car.
As i started to discover the game with the career, i thought for a few minuts pcars 2 was insanely difficult and masochist then i tried other cars, like the bac mono around the ring, and it is so gorgeous (and easy/fun) to drive. The ginetta must have a problem...
It would be great to know if it is a confirmed issue as i stopped the gt5 career for now

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 13:26
In cold weather, throw the wets on the GT5.. the slicks are difficult (but not impossible) to get to a decent temperature.. especially in relatively short races

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 15:11
In cold weather, throw the wets on the GT5.. the slicks are difficult (but not impossible) to get to a decent temperature.. especially in relatively short races

yes but that is not how it supposed to work considering that outside the career it is a different car. There are serious issues with the tyre temperature model for ginetta (but also for formula rookie and clio cup). People doing the career irght now in these series are using wet tyres with full sun. I did 10 laps on slick with the ginetta gt5 and the session expired before a got tyre to 80 degress required for green status. This not normal.

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 18:15
you did 10 laps? where, what date, what temperatures ...

Knochill 2pm 1st December, clear weather - track temperature 9C
Dubai 2pm 1st July, clear weather - track temperature 66C

You really think the one set of slicks will work across such a massive temperature range ?

icebear
25-09-2017, 18:25
well i hope you right, that would be one less bug to fix... But with a setting called "automatic by weather", i dont think a casual player would think first about a tire not adapted to the weather....
And that doesnt explain either why the begining of the career has to be masochist while there is so many track/car combinaisons incredibly fun.
I know you will answer me, because it is like that in real life. But well, when people has 2 hours to cancel their buy, it is a strange choice...

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 18:30
Have any of you guys who are having issues with the GT5 championship noticed that the AI is really slow on the straights (it's like they're in a lower category), but are physics bending fast through certain corners, like T1 at Oulton, T2$3 at Silverstone National, or the chicanes at Snetterton 200. Other corners though, like the chicane at Oulton Island, the chicane at Donnington, or T1 at Snetterton 200, the AI is grandma slow.

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 18:33
you did 10 laps? where, what date, what temperatures ...

Knochill 2pm 1st December, clear weather - track temperature 9C
Dubai 2pm 1st July, clear weather - track temperature 66C

You really think the one set of slicks will work across such a massive temperature range ?

Well theres only one slick to chose from. Under no condition should a rain tire be the tire of choice in the dry.
And yes, one compound of slicks should cover that range because thats what they are used for. Dry tires should be capable of reaching something approaching optimal temps in the dry. Imagine that.

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 18:58
Well theres only one slick to chose from. Under no condition should a rain tire be the tire of choice in the dry.
And yes, one compound of slicks should cover that range because thats what they are used for. Dry tires should be capable of reaching something approaching optimal temps in the dry. Imagine that.

GT5 doesn't have a wet, it's actually an all weather tyre.. designed for wet and cold weather.

Ok, you believe what you want.. I'll continue to use the correct tyre for the conditions

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 19:55
GT5 doesn't have a wet, it's actually an all weather tyre.. designed for wet and cold weather.

Ok, you believe what you want.. I'll continue to use the correct tyre for the conditions
Then why if you put tires on Auto by Weatber does the game select slicks for you when it's cold.

Suggesting an all weather tire (not even a grooved slick) should provide more grip than a slick tire is absurd. Do the Ginetta GT5 race at Snetterton. Track temp is 10 degrees. Cold, but not freezing, and very normal racing conditions. 10 degrees is perfect for setting lap records (go to Japan, they said all their track records in the winter). There is no way in hell that an all weather tire should provide more grip than a racing slick in these conditions. The game just makes it physically impossible to get heat into the slicks. Even if you use the all weather tires, they LOSE temp as the race progresses, no matter how hard you push.

Have you missed the bit where people are saying they can't get tire temp, even when doing a burn out???

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 19:57
If it is indeed an all weather tire intended for lower temps then that should be the tire selected automatically. It is not. So either way something is not right and besides that tire telemetry is still broken.

Leper Messiah
25-09-2017, 20:08
Then why if you put tires on Auto by Weatber does the game select slicks for you when it's cold.

Suggesting an all weather tire (not even a grooved slick) should provide more grip than a slick tire is absurd. Do the Ginetta GT5 race at Snetterton. Track temp is 10 degrees. Cold, but not freezing, and very normal racing conditions. 10 degrees is perfect for setting lap records (go to Japan, they said all their track records in the winter). There is no way in hell that an all weather tire should provide more grip than a racing slick in these conditions. The game just makes it physically impossible to get heat into the slicks. Even if you use the all weather tires, they LOSE temp as the race progresses, no matter how hard you push.

Have you missed the bit where people are saying they can't get tire temp, even when doing a burn out???

I imagine the all weather tyre is softer so would indeed be better in colder conditions. But even so that doesn't explain why doing burnouts won't heat up the slicks. The all weather tyre is very good in winter, I tested it at Sugo....lovely car track combo. Could very well be a career issue as well as others have alluded to.

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 20:47
A bit off topic - Just curious since tire temperature values were mentioned. Where can I see those? On the HUD it's just the color and on the D-PAD right menu I see a temerature value but that's the brakes IIRC.

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 20:50
I imagine the all weather tyre is softer so would indeed be better in colder conditions. But even so that doesn't explain why doing burnouts won't heat up the slicks. The all weather tyre is very good in winter, I tested it at Sugo....lovely car track combo. Could very well be a career issue as well as others have alluded to.
All weather tires are usually harder than slicks. This is due to having tread blocks. If a tire with tread blocks was as soft as a slick, the treads would disintegrate.

There are some conditions, eg in F1, where it can be easier to get temp into a full wet as opposed to an Inter, as the movement of the tread blocks on the full wet cause the tire to heat up.

That said, there are basically zero conditions where wth a dry track, a semi slick or all weather would generate more grip than a full slick. A tire with treads might be able to generate more temp on a dry track, but it shouldn't have more overall grip....certainly not the degree we see in PC2, where all weather tires are 5-10 seconds per lap faster, in the dry, than a slick tire.

And again, we're talking track temps f about 10 degrees...not absurdly cold, not even below zero. 5-10 degrees track temp is prime conditions for setting lap records, hence why places like Tsukuba hold their time trial events in January and February....guess what...no one is setting lap records around Tsukuba on "all weather tires".

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 21:26
Ok, Snetterton GT5 career, only change was to add 0.2 to rear toe to give it a bit more stability, so hauling around 40 odd litres of fuel for a 10 minute race.

Front left slick 60C, rear left 55 in both Q and race (rights are much colder due to no real left handers at Snetterton)

Q time, 1:23.4, fastest race lap 1:23.2

TT time 1:21.16 (that was just two laps and I buggered the very first corner on the first lap)

Note what temps the tyres start the race at 65C

That's with a gamepad...

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 21:27
A bit off topic - Just curious since tire temperature values were mentioned. Where can I see those? On the HUD it's just the color and on the D-PAD right menu I see a temerature value but that's the brakes IIRC.

In the telemetry screen (above the tyre images) or on many cars the tyre and brake temp are on one of the pages in the Motec display in car (make sure to have a button to cycle the Motec display)

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 22:00
Not really sure what your point even is? Besides the fact that 50 deg is still not up to temp. Not even close.

fsuarez79
25-09-2017, 22:12
I cannot for the life of me find more pace, and I feel like an idiot turning the AI below 65...especially after having previously smoked the AI at 95. The most frustrating bit is that for 3/4 of the lap, I'm actually faster than the AI. In a straight line, I'm a solid 5-10 km/h faster. The only place the AI is faster than me is braking into Maggots/Becketts...it's 2 seconds per lap faster than me in 1 braking zone. I'm faster through Copse, faster though Brooklands and Luffield, and faster on the straights.

That's because AI in this game is a joke. Full of inconsistencies and bugs.
You shouldn't be 5-10 km/h faster on straights. It's an IDENTICAL car series ffs.
Pace between quali and race is not consistent either. I can keep up with them on the track during quali even though the times show i'm 2-3 seconds slower. If I was 2-3 secs slower I wouldn't be able to maintain the same gaps on track but ok, whatever.....and then during the race they're all much slower :mad-new:

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 22:19
Its an identical car series where you have adjusted ai levels so that they intentionaly drive slower than the cars capabilities. Thats not an ai bug. The bug is that the tires are staying cold and you cant match them in braking zones and sustained corners. At snetterton on the big right hander near the end if the lap I've always been able to plant it through the corner holding with or even out pacing the ai. Right now its insanely slippery (cold tires) and ai easily out pace me through the corner while I'm feathering throttle to manage grip loss on all 4 tires.

fsuarez79
25-09-2017, 22:35
Its an identical car series where you have adjusted ai levels so that they intentionaly drive slower than the cars capabilities. Thats not an ai bug.

That is completely ridiculous. If a car has a top max speed of 200 km/h and I set the AI to 50%, that doesn't mean it should now have a top speed of 100 km/h.
They're slower on straights and like on rails in some corners....I'm sorry but that is a bug or incompetence from the people who developed the AI. Call it whatever you want.
Go play Assetto Corsa for a while and you'll understand how AI at lower levels should be adjusted

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 22:39
So slower ai shouldnt be slower... ok.

fsuarez79
25-09-2017, 22:45

It should be slower where it makes sense to be slower so the overall lap time is higher. Breaking earlier before turns, taking turns slower. You don't just keep them driving on rails during this or that turn and cripple them on straights.

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 22:51
Not really sure what your point even is? Besides the fact that 50 deg is still not up to temp. Not even close.

Because people are saying the tyres are unusable and that is patently untrue... these tyres do not need to be at 80C to start getting reasonable grip.. and you can feel when they start to come in simply because they go from very edgy to stable. If you can't get them into the 50-60C range you just aren't pushing hard enough.

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 22:55
You can literally sit doing burnouts and not hit 60 deg. It really doesnt matter what kind of attitude you want to get, it doesnt change the fact that the tires are NOT getting up to temps the way they should be.

Ps tried the all weather tires and the grip is terrible. Theyre fun to drive because the traction loss is more gradual but temps are still no better and grip is way lower amd theyre considerably slower.

Oh and congratz on running 1:23's thats what ai does at all of difficulty level what? 55 maybe 60? Sure theres no problem w that at all :rolleyes: Nothing more annoying than someone who pipes up in a thread for no better reason than to be contrary and whos own arguments work against them.

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 23:31
In the telemetry screen (above the tyre images) or on many cars the tyre and brake temp are on one of the pages in the Motec display in car (make sure to have a button to cycle the Motec display)

OK thanks! I got Motec mapped yes but atm mostly messing around with some road cars in time trials (no need for AI there :p) and they don't have it.

I'll take a closer look at the telemetry screen then, that small text is often hard to read for me.

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 23:36
Ok, Snetterton GT5 career, only change was to add 0.2 to rear toe to give it a bit more stability, so hauling around 40 odd litres of fuel for a 10 minute race.

Pardon my newbie tuning questions :
1 - did you add toe so the rear tires are less at an angle? To get more surface contact so they heat up faster? (or in the Snetteron case, are less likely to loose warmth)
2 - and does the above change increase the fuel usage of the car? because you said you filled 40 liters.

I'm trying to learn from the engineer though and it has helped me quite a bit. But I wish I had good expertise to know what all the settings are used for. Slowly getting there I hope. :)

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 00:20
Pardon my newbie tuning questions :
1 - did you add toe so the rear tires are less at an angle? To get more surface contact so they heat up faster? (or in the Snetteron case, are less likely to loose warmth)
2 - and does the above change increase the fuel usage of the car? because you said you filled 40 liters.

I'm trying to learn from the engineer though and it has helped me quite a bit. But I wish I had good expertise to know what all the settings are used for. Slowly getting there I hope. :)

default at the rear is 0.4, I increased it to 0.6 that should make the back end more stable... or it could just be placebo :)
40 litres is whatever the default fuel load is.. (probably as much as the car takes, I didn't check), I'd be surprised if you noticed any significant change to fuel use.

I'm really not the best person to ask about tuning.. I'm really good at cocking up the balance of a car.. but that's about it.. you want to get a bike to handle.. no problem (my Avatar pic is due to having a compromise between me and the owner sharing the bike, his setup didn't work as well for me and I overheated the front..:))

Zak757
26-09-2017, 00:31
I don't pretend to be good, and haven't been paying attention to tire temps, but sometimes I find AI pace in Ginetta GT5 (Juniors too but especially GT5) to be downright impossible. I'm trying to qualify, and my fastest lap is still almost 3 seconds off of the leader. My car setup feels good, my FFB is perfect, I'm doing my best to stick to the ideal line, but I can't even get close. This is just on 60% AI, and I refuse to go lower than that.

rpstar
26-09-2017, 01:32
I can confirm I've seen the same thing with the Ginetta GT5 tire temps on xbox. Also seeing the same thing on other cars. I think they are heating up, just not showing correctly.

Twitch_6
26-09-2017, 01:56

That's rediculous. You don't make the AI slower by limiting their top speed, while they're still on rails through the corners. How can someone have a realistic race against AI, in a 1 make series no less, when you are 10-20 km/h faster on the straights.

As the AI is lowered, they should have increased braking distance, lower minimum apex speeds, lower exit speeds. But the top speed of he car on a long straight should still be the same. The way it is now, the AI is coasting down the straight.

Twitch_6
26-09-2017, 02:01
Because people are saying the tyres are unusable and that is patently untrue... these tyres do not need to be at 80C to start getting reasonable grip.. and you can feel when they start to come in simply because they go from very edgy to stable. If you can't get them into the 50-60C range you just aren't pushing hard enough.

Video, or you're full of it. You're the only person saying "if you push hard enough, it's fine," so let's see a video of you successfully heating up the tires in quali from blue to green.

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 02:18
That's rediculous. You don't make the AI slower by limiting their top speed, while they're still on rails through the corners. How can someone have a realistic race against AI, in a 1 make series no less, when you are 10-20 km/h faster on the straights.

As the AI is lowered, they should have increased braking distance, lower minimum apex speeds, lower exit speeds. But the top speed of he car on a long straight should still be the same. The way it is now, the AI is coasting down the straight.

You realize with slowed entry and exit speeds an identical car is still going to end up at a lower top speed on a straight right? Unless you have a straight long enough to completely max out the car for a reasonable percentage of the distance which still means if you exited faster then youre still going to pass them until they are maxed out WHICH wont happen until after you are maxed making it literally impossible for them to pass you. How many straights are even long enough for a complete redline?

Twitch_6
26-09-2017, 02:34
I just started a new career to test this. Went to Ginetta GT5, skipped ahead to the Snetterton race.

Track temp is 10 degrees. I'm at 140 psi fronts, 130psi rear (minimum). Doing 2 laps of nothing but weaving and over driving the tire, the absolute max I can get in the front tire is 60-65 degrees on the inner edge (running 2.0 Camber in the front, 3.0 rear). Outter edge stays in the high 50s, which is still blue when you look at it. A properly heated tire shows as light green.

Twitch_6
26-09-2017, 02:36
You realize with slowed entry and exit speeds an identical car is still going to end up at a lower top speed on a straight right? Unless you have a straight long enough to completely max out the car for a reasonable percentage of the distance which still means if you exited faster then youre still going to pass them until they are maxed out WHICH wont happen until after you are maxed making it literally impossible for them to pass you. How many straights are even long enough for a complete redline?
But the AI have insane entry, midcorner, and exit speed. They just coast down the straight. The AI shouldn't become 10-20 km/h slower in a straight line.

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 03:31
I dont find that to be the case at all especially the exit speeds. I can ussualy dive past them on entry and they are especially slow on exits. Not when suffering from cold tire issues ofc unless ai is turned down low enough to negate the problem.

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 05:02
Started new career under sports car lites, 2 laps and tires are going green and on the same difficulty I was barely hanging w ai in gt5 I was ahead by over a second a lap within my first few laps. W practice probably 3-4 seconds faster at least. Odd since in pc1 I was generally much better in the slower cars like ginettas amd struggled more with closed wheel purpose built racers than anything else.

JDFSSS
26-09-2017, 05:38
In the case of round 2 of the GT5 championship @ Snetterton 200, I'm guessing the tires aren't heating up because it's a hard slick running on a 9C track. Since there's only one slick compound for this car, it has to be able to withstand a hot track so it makes sense that it struggles to build heat on an extremely cold track. I did private testing on Snetterton 200 in the summer and my left front was over 80C within 4 laps. There doesn't seem to be an issue with heating as far as I can tell. If this tire built up enough heat to run optimally at 9C track temp, it would be overheating big time on hot tracks. I also did a burnout test in round 1 (oulton park) of the GT5 championship because someone said even burnouts wouldn't heat up the tires. For me, my tire quickly went above 100C while I was doing a continuous burnout.

I also did some of the championship just to see how bad it is. I put the AI at 80%, and I qualified 2nd for round 1 then went on to win the race with no issues. I qualified on the pole for Snetterton with a 1:22.0 then decided there wasn't much more to learn on this matter. Max left front temp in my quali run @ Snetterton was around 50C, I believe. I'll say the AI is a bit faster than what I would expect for the skill level at 80%. The car is fine to drive though, so it's simply a matter of lowering the AI to match your skill level. I started with the default loose setup and made some minor setup changes to improve my speed and stability. I changed the rear toe to .6 deg, used the shorter final gear ratio, lowered the radiator opening to 20% (you don't need 60% or whatever it is by default in cold weather) and took out some fuel. After completing round 1, I found out 7L of fuel will get you through a 10 minute race at Oulton. The car balance actually felt pretty good on Snetterton to me, but on Oulton I was less happy with the balance (rear end grip a bit lacking, the car was still no problem to drive though).

The only real issues I encountered was the AI was too strong for it's skill level, and the AI was unrealistically fast in some corners and too slow in others.

breyzipp
26-09-2017, 06:10
default at the rear is 0.4, I increased it to 0.6 that should make the back end more stable... or it could just be placebo :)
40 litres is whatever the default fuel load is.. (probably as much as the car takes, I didn't check), I'd be surprised if you noticed any significant change to fuel use.

I'm really not the best person to ask about tuning.. I'm really good at cocking up the balance of a car.. but that's about it.. you want to get a bike to handle.. no problem (my Avatar pic is due to having a compromise between me and the owner sharing the bike, his setup didn't work as well for me and I overheated the front..:))

Aah yes default was 40L. The baby Ginetta doesn't consume much, I think I dropped it to 15L for my main race (10 min race, real fuel use), I don't remember exactly.

Gave up on career for now, actually even deleted my save game entirely. I want to enjoy it when the AI is fixed. For now playing quick races and time trials, started in road G and working my way up there towards road A, giving every car a try. :)

I recon career is mostly about race cars anyway, so it would be nice to use the road cars now. For road G I like the Toyota 86 the most, for road F I think the Megane. And that RTR Funhaver, wow! I espected this to be sluggish and dull, I couldn't be more wrong! It's actually quite drifty and indeed fun. :)

Paulpg87
26-09-2017, 06:16
Tyres do not heat up. I have done ten laps in a row and they are still blue about to turn dark Green. This is just not working and It is crucial for career. Also the same for formula rookie and Clio.

icebear
26-09-2017, 06:53
I really find funny how a minority of wmd members always try to explain problems doesnt exist when 10 persons explain the same problem. Maybe you should take example of the moderators great work who try to find solutions to problems instead of minoring them ?
this game has a fantastic potential and i already had the most realistic and pleasuring driving i ever had in a sim trying some cars on the ring with a sunny weather. But if the ginetta gt 5 and the ia have an intended behavior, then this part of the career is just masochist (i cant believe it)

Animera
26-09-2017, 08:09
I'm having the same issue with the Porsche Cayman Cup in career.
Tyres are not warming up enough, they only go dark green.

Pintail
26-09-2017, 08:14
Just a side note: The AI drivers are really bad in heavy rain.

Leper Messiah
26-09-2017, 08:28
All weather tires are usually harder than slicks. This is due to having tread blocks. If a tire with tread blocks was as soft as a slick, the treads would disintegrate.

There are some conditions, eg in F1, where it can be easier to get temp into a full wet as opposed to an Inter, as the movement of the tread blocks on the full wet cause the tire to heat up.

That said, there are basically zero conditions where wth a dry track, a semi slick or all weather would generate more grip than a full slick. A tire with treads might be able to generate more temp on a dry track, but it shouldn't have more overall grip....certainly not the degree we see in PC2, where all weather tires are 5-10 seconds per lap faster, in the dry, than a slick tire.

And again, we're talking track temps f about 10 degrees...not absurdly cold, not even below zero. 5-10 degrees track temp is prime conditions for setting lap records, hence why places like Tsukuba hold their time trial events in January and February....guess what...no one is setting lap records around Tsukuba on "all weather tires".

Are you sure about that? All weather implies wet+cold temperatures and a harder compound in colder weather usually spells disaster....Wet tyres (treaded) are usually softer compounds than slicks I presume you heard of racers driving ONTO wet part of a track when it dries because staying on the dry line will destroy their wets?

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 11:46
In the case of round 2 of the GT5 championship @ Snetterton 200, I'm guessing the tires aren't heating up because it's a hard slick running on a 9C track. Since there's only one slick compound for this car, it has to be able to withstand a hot track so it makes sense that it struggles to build heat on an extremely cold track. I did private testing on Snetterton 200 in the summer and my left front was over 80C within 4 laps. There doesn't seem to be an issue with heating as far as I can tell. If this tire built up enough heat to run optimally at 9C track temp, it would be overheating big time on hot tracks. I also did a burnout test in round 1 (oulton park) of the GT5 championship because someone said even burnouts wouldn't heat up the tires. For me, my tire quickly went above 100C while I was doing a continuous burnout.

I also did some of the championship just to see how bad it is. I put the AI at 80%, and I qualified 2nd for round 1 then went on to win the race with no issues. I qualified on the pole for Snetterton with a 1:22.0 then decided there wasn't much more to learn on this matter. Max left front temp in my quali run @ Snetterton was around 50C, I believe. I'll say the AI is a bit faster than what I would expect for the skill level at 80%. The car is fine to drive though, so it's simply a matter of lowering the AI to match your skill level. I started with the default loose setup and made some minor setup changes to improve my speed and stability. I changed the rear toe to .6 deg, used the shorter final gear ratio, lowered the radiator opening to 20% (you don't need 60% or whatever it is by default in cold weather) and took out some fuel. After completing round 1, I found out 7L of fuel will get you through a 10 minute race at Oulton. The car balance actually felt pretty good on Snetterton to me, but on Oulton I was less happy with the balance (rear end grip a bit lacking, the car was still no problem to drive though).

The only real issues I encountered was the AI was too strong for it's skill level, and the AI was unrealistically fast in some corners and too slow in others.

Just to break it down ignoring all driver skill, If your tires hit 100c doing a burnout then you are either full of it or you simply arent getting this condition. For those of us who are, the tires will NOT get that hot.

You say you got pole w a 1:22 at 80%, ai at 50% for me are running 1:23 within the first few laps of practice. Running crappy laps I'm hitting 1:24 and could probably get into the 1:22's pretty easily. Saying the car is fine is simply not true. It handles terribly. It's grip is just off. Every car I've driven feels more stable and is easier to drive.

IMO one of 2 things is going on.

1. Tires are over sensitive to low ambient temps and arent heating up as much as they should or just arent heating up properly at all. (I also ran a spring test on the same track and tires still wouldnt heat up so I'm not convinced they are building heat the way they should at all regardless of track temp)

2. Player tires are reacting properly and should be that cold (someone at wmd should have access to reference numbers to prove it either way) but ai is not taking track temps into account are running times based on optimal temp tires (as they ussualy do I believe) and its putting too much of a gap between their performance and what the player experiences.

JDFSSS
26-09-2017, 16:24
Just to break it down ignoring all driver skill, If your tires hit 100c doing a burnout then you are either full of it or you simply arent getting this condition. For those of us who are, the tires will NOT get that hot.

You say you got pole w a 1:22 at 80%, ai at 50% for me are running 1:23 within the first few laps of practice. Running crappy laps I'm hitting 1:24 and could probably get into the 1:22's pretty easily. Saying the car is fine is simply not true. It handles terribly. It's grip is just off. Every car I've driven feels more stable and is easier to drive.

IMO one of 2 things is going on.

1. Tires are over sensitive to low ambient temps and arent heating up as much as they should or just arent heating up properly at all. (I also ran a spring test on the same track and tires still wouldnt heat up so I'm not convinced they are building heat the way they should at all regardless of track temp)

2. Player tires are reacting properly and should be that cold (someone at wmd should have access to reference numbers to prove it either way) but ai is not taking track temps into account are running times based on optimal temp tires (as they ussualy do I believe) and its putting too much of a gap between their performance and what the player experiences.

I made a vid of my burnout test. From cold tires to 100C tire temp in under 30seconds on a 10C track. I eventually got the left rear to 200C before I stopped, so we know the tires can gain still gain a lot of heat. Heres a link to the vid: https://youtu.be/T61-C7hcuA4

I did another quali run at round 2 of the GT5 championship @ Snetterton as well with 80% AI, just to see if my AI were off the pace the first time I did it. This time I ran a 1:21.883 and was on pole by a margin of .419 seconds. My fastest lap came on Lap 4 of my run and tire temps ranged from about 55C for the hottest tire to 37C for the coldest tire.

My AI times in qualifying ranged from 1:22.302 for 2nd place to 1:23.4 for last place. Here's a screenshot of the times: https://i.imgur.com/OVU9vUg.jpg This is faster than the 1:23's you're getting in practice, but it's no direct comparison of your quali times @ 50% to mine @ 80%, so it's hard to make a direct comparison.

Regarding the handling of the car, it can be a subjective thing. The car honestly feels pretty good at Snetterton to me. I fired up the game, banged out 4 quali laps while pushing with no issues. I recorded my quali session, so you can see the car is perfectly manageable for me: https://youtu.be/TKsUrIMFtz0

If you take the car out for private testing at Snetterton 200 and set the date to late july with clear weather, you will get much higher tire temps. The tires also work better, and I was immediately about 2 seconds quicker with 40C track temp when I was testing yesterday. It could be that the AI are not affected enough by the cold temps, because their times in the GT5 championship make more sense in hot weather. I'll need to test this in a quick race though and see if their times change.

Both the possibilities you gave could be what's going on. I don't know what the temps would be in real life with the same exact conditions. I'm also not sure if I have access to that data, where to look to find it or if I would even be allowed to post it. However, it makes sense to me that the temps are extremely low when you run on an extremely cold track with a tire that has to be able to operate in extremely hot conditions. I don't see a reason to believe there's a big issue with tire heating here. The only issue I've seen for this championship is with the AI, and we know that's being worked on.

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 16:54
Thank you for your thoroughness. I certainly didnt burn them for a full 30 seconds. I expected they would heat much faster than that. I wasnt aware that ai was already being worked on for that championship. We could really use a thread listing wmd known issues and/or things being worked on. I assume w new tire model this year that track temps must play a much larger role than before. I never had a car in any race that I couldnt tune the tire temps up to optimal after 3-4 laps. This year there are multiple right off the bat.

JDFSSS
26-09-2017, 17:17
Thank you for your thoroughness. I wasnt aware that ai was already being worked on for that championship. We could really use a thread listing wmd known issues and/or things being worked on. I assume w new tire model this year but it certainly seems that track temps must play a much larger role than before. I never had a car in any race that I couldnt tune the tire temps up to optimal after 3-4 laps. This year there are multiple right off the bat.

Yeah I agree, a known issues thread would be a nice thing to have here. If you click on the link at the top for SMS posts, they usually have some pretty insightful stuff to say regarding what's being worked on and known issues.

I just did a quali session at Snetterton with 40C track temps at the same difficulty level, and the AI are running pretty much the same times as with a 10C track temp in career mode. This is probably what's causing the AI to seem faster than they should be, because my times are about 2 seconds quicker on the hot track. Tire temps were about 30C hotter overall for my quali run (I guess that makes sense when you're dealing with a 30C hotter track). Still not sure if the tire temps reflect exactly what you would get in real life, but I don't think it's far off if there is a problem.

I didn't play the game that much when it was in development, so I didn't really know much about the differences between this game and the first either. I was surprised when I slapped soft tires on my GT3 car, and was slower than I was with the hard tire because the track was too hot and my soft tires weren't within their optimal temp window. Apparently this is by design though and that's how it is in real life.

Personally, I like the aspect of trying to do your best to make the car work in the less than optimal (cold) conditions of the GT5 championship. It's a nice change of pace from racing in good conditions all the time. I don't like how this is forced on people though. I think career mode could benefit if we had the ability to turn off the scripted weather and set our own weather, because it seems to cause issues with the AI.

Leper Messiah
26-09-2017, 17:19
Did some testing at Brands in the Ginetta GT5 in winter and that slick is a right sod, almost AC like in it's ability to instantly lose grip!! Once I lost the rear at Paddock hill and Surtees I was a passenger no matter what I did!

Struggled to get much temp in as others have said, I also struggled to get any temp in the all weathers, but DAYUM those all weathers are FUN!!

Leper Messiah
27-09-2017, 13:02
Did more testing and not really liking the Ginetta GT5 much at all, that rear is so skittish in fast sweepers!

Dev Nibor
27-09-2017, 13:20
Have you tried reducing front camber and applying more positive toe on rear tires, for me that solved the oversteer in fast corners.

Maximum11
27-09-2017, 13:47
Have you tried reducing the tire pressure and putting more weight on the rear? The Ginetta GT5 is relatively easy to drive compared to the next level cars lol. But I concur with the whole idea, something is just not right with the handling of these supposedly slow cars. They are too difficult to handle and it is not possible to drive at the limit because the limits of the car are everywhere.

breyzipp
27-09-2017, 14:02
Personally, I like the aspect of trying to do your best to make the car work in the less than optimal (cold) conditions of the GT5 championship. It's a nice change of pace from racing in good conditions all the time. I don't like how this is forced on people though. I think career mode could benefit if we had the ability to turn off the scripted weather and set our own weather, because it seems to cause issues with the AI.

I absolutely agree with the fact that not all races need to be bright and sunny with ideal temperatures. I absolutely adore these conditions in a cold April afternoon on the Snetterton track.

But I disagree with what you say about the scripted weather. I looked it up on a weather website and real life temperatures near Snetterton for April are between 5 and 15 degrees. So this cold track thing is very realistic.

You could vouch for another weather layer on top of the cold (like rain, sun or fog) but honestly I really like the scripted weather. It allows the devs to tailor the championships to make sure we have an overall diversified singleplayer experience. Replayability is the only argument against scripted weather I think but let’s be honest, once you have completed all 29 championships on long duration (including all sub-branches and new DLC content) with normal or long race lengths and you want to revisit certain championships, by that time you will be months further anyway and have forgotten how the scripted weather was on your first playthrough.

Maximum11
27-09-2017, 14:14
I absolutely agree with the fact that not all races need to be bright and sunny with ideal temperatures. I absolutely adore these conditions in a cold April afternoon on the Snetterton track.

But I disagree with what you say about the scripted weather. I looked it up on a weather website and real life temperatures near Snetterton for April are between 5 and 15 degrees. So this cold track thing is very realistic.

You could vouch for another weather layer on top of the cold (like rain, sun or fog) but honestly I really like the scripted weather. It allows the devs to tailor the championships to make sure we have an overall diversified singleplayer experience. Replayability is the only argument against scripted weather I think but let’s be honest, once you have completed all 29 championships on long duration (including all sub-branches and new DLC content) with normal or long race lengths and you want to revisit certain championships, by that time you will be months further anyway and have forgotten how the scripted weather was on your first playthrough.

I'm sure everyone enjoys the weather changes, but as long as it remains enjoyable. If you are the only one struggling in the pack and ultimately losing the race because of a sudden thunderstrom, there is no fun. I want to see the IA struggling and spinning off in my mirrors while trying to overtake me. Have you experiencing this so far? Probably no.

Implementing weather changes is great, but it has to be done fine, or at least in a fair way for us non AI .

breyzipp
27-09-2017, 14:31
I'm sure everyone enjoys the weather changes, but as long as it remains enjoyable. If you are the only one struggling in the pack and ultimately losing the race because of a sudden thunderstrom, there is no fun. I want to see the IA struggling and spinning off in my mirrors while trying to overtake me. Have you experiencing this so far? Probably no.

Implementing weather changes is great, but it has to be done fine, or at least in a fair way for us non AI .

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52510-Ginetta-tire-temps&p=1365011&viewfull=1#post1365011

So yes I have experienced this. :) Definately read my quali story (a link in that link) and the following race (the other link).

Leper Messiah
27-09-2017, 15:48
Have you tried reducing front camber and applying more positive toe on rear tires, for me that solved the oversteer in fast corners.

Have you tried reducing the tire pressure and putting more weight on the rear? The Ginetta GT5 is relatively easy to drive compared to the next level cars lol. But I concur with the whole idea, something is just not right with the handling of these supposedly slow cars. They are too difficult to handle and it is not possible to drive at the limit because the limits of the car are everywhere.

All I've tried is stiffen the front and soften the rear, with some LSD setting tweaks, but not an expert at all so will try these suggestions many thanks both!

edit...in my quest to try and get heat in the tyres I dropped the fronts more than the rears and forgot about it! Put the pressure difference back in and what a difference! Knocked a second off my Brands Indy time immediately and I no longer fear Paddock Hill and Surtees quite as much as I did before, If I carry too much speed I no longer get the inevitable spin, I still get rear grip loss but it's manageable now!...phew thought the car was borked!

napocapo69
01-10-2017, 13:01
I have tested the issue several times and i can confirm the problem others are having. Tyres temperatures do not work.

In career mode with formula rookie, ginetta junior, ginetta gt5 it is impossible to get tyres into the right temperature. Try for example the irst race of the ginetta gt5 series in oulton park.

You start in the box with green tyres (80 degrees). Once you leave the pit and get to manual driving the tyres drop down to blue (20-30 degrees).
Since this moment you are totally unable to get them into green again, even loweting tyre pressure to the minimum and pushing to the limit for 5-6 laps in a row.

This makes qualyfing impossible.

While for the race you get green tyres.

I can confirm this.
Started qualifying with tyres at 29° (celsius); after 3 laps they did not get over 45°. Impossible to keep the pace of the AI.
During the race, I started with tyres at 70° (optimal temp) and could recover 5 positions in 6 laps.

I believe it is a bug.
I can only imangine what can happen with rain or cold air.....

z3r0cool77
01-10-2017, 21:22
Weather here is finally cooling off. First nice day in the sub 80's f. (I promise a have a relevant point) In my car, like many there's a pressure sensor for the tires the lights up on the dash when a tire is low. During the summer the light has been off but as temps have started cooling down my pressure light has come on and this got me thinking. The default setup for the GT5 Ginetta (on xbox there is no option for loose etc) has the tire set to a very low pressure and with the really cool tire temps the first thought has been to decrease the pressures even more to try and get heat into the tires but it hasn't really been helping. So on the lines of my real car I got to thinking about how in the cold the tire isn't gonna reach the right pressure it needs to turn off the alarm. In Pcars in already cold temps, setting the pressures really low just means the tires are never gonna get up to pressure. Given the ambient temp reaching optimal temps isn't really realistic but running on really low pressures is still going to wreck the sidewall stability of the tire and cause a terrible contact patch.

With this in mind I decided to increase the pressure dramatically to get them up to optimal pressure as opposed to temps and the car immediately started accelerating much better and hitting higher speeds (less rolling resistance.) Although it was much firmer cornering the proper pressure and corresponding contact patch meant I was actually able to control loss of grip better as opposed to the way the car was just spinning around on low pressure (tire sidewalls probably rolling over.) Anyway end result, with very little running on the new pressures I quickly took over a second off my times in comparison to the low pressure tires. The only other changes I made were to reduce ABS to 0 to effectively turn it off (it really isn't needed) and increased TC to nearly 100 (around 85 I think) because straight line accelerating doesn't really call for TC either.

TLDR: Try increasing pressures instead of decreasing. Focus on getting tire to proper pressure which directly influences contact patch and sidewall performance instead of focusing on temps. It's helped me so perhaps it can work for others as well.

Paulpg87
02-10-2017, 16:12
I can confirm this.
Started qualifying with tyres at 29° (celsius); after 3 laps they did not get over 45°. Impossible to keep the pace of the AI.
During the race, I started with tyres at 70° (optimal temp) and could recover 5 positions in 6 laps.

I believe it is a bug.
I can only imangine what can happen with rain or cold air.....

has been this brought to the attentions od devs?

It's a career breaking bug.

Anyone knows if they are addressing it?

rice_classic
02-10-2017, 16:23
I'm glad I found this thread. I did this series twice with great frustration and was thinking the rest of the career was going to be like this. After reading this thread I gave up on the Ginetta GT5 series and did the Clio Cup which was epic fun and I'm now reinvigorated to keep at it.

If this is addressed in a patch then I'll revisit it but right now the Ginetta Gt5 series is like bringing a knife to a gun fight and I don't want to drop the AI below 70%.

breyzipp
02-10-2017, 17:12
I'm glad I found this thread. I did this series twice with great frustration and was thinking the rest of the career was going to be like this. After reading this thread I gave up on the Ginetta GT5 series and did the Clio Cup which was epic fun and I'm now reinvigorated to keep at it.

If this is addressed in a patch then I'll revisit it but right now the Ginetta Gt5 series is like bringing a knife to a gun fight and I don't want to drop the AI below 70%.

Yeah I parked career on the side for a while as well. It is indeed epic fun but that AI difficulty / col tire temps thingy should be fixed first.

valfar
02-10-2017, 17:51
I set difficulty at 20 just to get through the Ginetta GT5 cup asap. Now I'm racing at 90/90 in the Porsche Cayman cup and I'm having a blast! \o/

Paulpg87
02-10-2017, 17:57

I opened a specific thread. I think we Can post there tyres related issue cause It is way broader than Ginetta. Just to keep the attention on the point, which imo is career breaking.

A moderator, which i thanks again for the prompt answer, said It is a known issue. The thread is "tyres temps is known issue?"

Moonfast
02-10-2017, 17:59
I set difficulty at 20 just to get through the Ginetta GT5 cup asap. Now I'm racing at 90/90 in the Porsche Cayman cup and I'm having a blast! \o/

Yeah! The Cayman cup is really fun!!