PDA

View Full Version : PSA - saving setups

Javaniceday
24-09-2017, 23:43
So right now it appears that the saving over setup options aren't quite working as intended, but I did find a work around.

Say you already have a setup, and you make a small change to it, and you then have to save it to use it out on track. So you go to save and you'll be prompted to save over an existing save file. So you'd naturally choose to save over existing save file, and it saves, and you expect it to work. But it won't.

So what you can do, is choose instead to create a new save file. A dialog box will pop up with all the saved set ups listed with the top one being "Create New Setup". Instead of choosing that one, you scroll down to the one you want to save over, and this way, the set up you wanted to edit is now saved.

It works :)

Youloze
25-09-2017, 00:38
Yeah, I've been using the same method. A little annoying but I've become pretty fast at it and it works so whatever. Seems like a pretty obvious issue so should be in the patch I'd think.

jamrag2009
30-09-2017, 14:18
can someone tell me, do i only need one save file to cover all cars for all tracks? or would i say need a seperate file for FA monacco as i do for FA monza? i'm going through career just now and obviously tweeking my setup from track to track, what i'm wondering is if the setup i saved for my previous track is still saved or if by tweeking the setup and saving over the file am i changing my setup for all tracks?

Youloze
30-09-2017, 15:32
can someone tell me, do i only need one save file to cover all cars for all tracks? or would i say need a seperate file for FA monacco as i do for FA monza? i'm going through career just now and obviously tweeking my setup from track to track, what i'm wondering is if the setup i saved for my previous track is still saved or if by tweeking the setup and saving over the file am i changing my setup for all tracks?

Save over current file does not always work at the moment. If you want to save over existing you need to choose the other save option, then select whatever file you wanted to save over.

Saving for "All Tracks" should save that file universally for all tracks. If you want to save for individual tracks you need to select that track when you are saving the file.

Mon Pavion
30-09-2017, 15:41
The problem i have in career is when i go to a career race the game always thinks im driving the indy cars. So if i do testing session in formula rookie and save the setup, when i go to my formula rookie career it doesnt show up because it only lets me choose indy car setups

Im on xbox btw

Youloze
30-09-2017, 15:44
The problem i have in career is when i go to a career race the game always thinks im driving the indy cars. So if i do testing session in formula rookie and save the setup, when i go to my formula rookie career it doesnt show up because it only lets me choose indy car setups

Im on xbox btw

I would try reporting the issue in the Xbox forum. Hope they fix it for you.

Mon Pavion
30-09-2017, 16:14
I would try reporting the issue in the Xbox forum. Hope they fix it for you.

Yeah i did and several others did too. I believe its a know issue.

jamrag2009
30-09-2017, 19:08
Save over current file does not always work at the moment. If you want to save over existing you need to choose the other save option, then select whatever file you wanted to save over.

Saving for "All Tracks" should save that file universally for all tracks. If you want to save for individual tracks you need to select that track when you are saving the file.

thanks for taking the time to reply, but it doesn't really answer my question, i dont want the same setup at all tracks, i want to know if i can have different setups for different tracks all in the one save file. if you had read my question through rather than seeing the 'all tracks' part and hitting me with a load of information that is totally irrelevant to my question, you would know what i was asking.

and yes i am well aware of the issue of saving just now. It says it at the top of this post!!!!!!

Youloze
01-10-2017, 15:21
thanks for taking the time to reply, but it doesn't really answer my question, i dont want the same setup at all tracks, i want to know if i can have different setups for different tracks all in the one save file. if you had read my question through rather than seeing the 'all tracks' part and hitting me with a load of information that is totally irrelevant to my question, you would know what i was asking.

and yes i am well aware of the issue of saving just now. It says it at the top of this post!!!!!!

Wow, nice reply to someone that was just trying to help. I don't know who pissed in your Cheerios but I hope they do it again. Lighten up Francis.