PDA

View Full Version : [Not a Bug] ICM traction control bug

Martinbooker
25-09-2017, 00:36

If you turn the traction control down to 0.1 in the ICM, traction control is permanently engaged making the car extremely sluggish to accelerate.

Tested on zonda (see screen grab) and the 918 porker at the red bull ring

Killso2
25-09-2017, 00:41
that is not a bug.
the lower the value is, the more the tc will be active ( it's the amount of spinning from the tyres allowed until the TC does its thing )

WadeOhh
25-09-2017, 06:19
Oh my god, so is it LOWER the number/setting on the traction control, the more effective it is (IE: 0.01 will be stronger than 0.99)? I came in here now to investigate this very thing.

I've been wondering why when I set the traction control to high numbers (like 80 - 100% in the setup screen), it barely seems to do anything.

Bealdor
25-09-2017, 06:23
Oh my god, so is it LOWER the number/setting on the traction control, the more effective it is (IE: 0.01 will be stronger than 0.99)? I came in here now to investigate this very thing.

I've been wondering why when I set the traction control to high numbers (like 80 - 100% in the setup screen), it barely seems to do anything.

It's explained in the FAQ (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51377-READ-FIRST-Project-CARS-2-FAQ-and-Tips). ;)

WadeOhh
25-09-2017, 06:33
It's explained in the FAQ (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51377-READ-FIRST-Project-CARS-2-FAQ-and-Tips). ;)

Ahhhh, check ;) Thanks.

I just now noticed that its also explained in the tooltip on the right when you highlight traction control on the setup screen. Too excited to get on track instead of reading what everything actually does :D

Martinbooker
25-09-2017, 07:20
that is not a bug.
the lower the value is, the more the tc will be active ( it's the amount of spinning from the tyres allowed until the TC does its thing )
Good to know there's a setting that renders my car totally undriveable then, cars should have this in real life as well ;-)
(Jokes)