PDA

View Full Version : [Time Trial] How can I compare my lap times over time?

derzelas
25-09-2017, 00:45
In Project CARS (the first), I could do time trials and see whether a particular setup for my car is actually worthy or not. I could keep track of my best time for a particular track with a particular car, and was able to race against other players' ghosts who did the same thing. In Project CARS 2, I only see an option to do "Private testing" (no time trial/attack), and when I do that, it does not save my best times at all, nor can I compare my time to anyone else.

Was the time trial/attack feature removed completely? I noticed that for some track/car combinations, I can see the best time globally, so I know that hose lap times get saved somewhere in some mode, but I just can't figure out what that mode is. Any ideas about how to (a) save my own best lap times per track per car and (b) possibly see what others have achieved for that car/track?

Karl87
25-09-2017, 01:55
Does not seem to be in the game, which is lame. They should have a by track leaderboard, like Gran Turismo has had for 20 years.

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 02:06
In Project CARS (the first), I could do time trials and see whether a particular setup for my car is actually worthy or not.

If you are trying to test and validate your tuning, you should be using one of the telemetry profiling applications:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23284-pCARS-Profiler-(Telemetry-amp-Analysis)-PC-ONLY-v1-6

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:10
In Project CARS (the first), I could do time trials and see whether a particular setup for my car is actually worthy or not. I could keep track of my best time for a particular track with a particular car, and was able to race against other players' ghosts who did the same thing. In Project CARS 2, I only see an option to do "Private testing" (no time trial/attack), and when I do that, it does not save my best times at all, nor can I compare my time to anyone else.

Was the time trial/attack feature removed completely? I noticed that for some track/car combinations, I can see the best time globally, so I know that hose lap times get saved somewhere in some mode, but I just can't figure out what that mode is. Any ideas about how to (a) save my own best lap times per track per car and (b) possibly see what others have achieved for that car/track?

Main Menu/ Community / Time Trials... :)

Glasnost
25-09-2017, 02:14
Will that app work straight out of the box with PC2?

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:16

You have to enable Shared memory from the game first (main menu/options/system)

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 02:17

Using the PC1 interface, it should.

Martini Da Gasalini
25-09-2017, 02:32
Write it down on paper lol, that's what i do

Human_bean
25-09-2017, 02:36
Get good.

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:38
Get good.

Pls remember that joking and sarcasm sometimes doesn't translate to writing/reading perfectly. :)

Human_bean
25-09-2017, 02:40
Pls remember that joking and sarcasm sometimes doesn't translate to writing/reading perfectly. :)

Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone.

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:42
Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone.

I know, I'm just reminding. Didn't sound offending to me but it might to someone else ;)

derzelas
25-09-2017, 02:44
Main Menu/ Community / Time Trials... :)

Sigh. I have been looking for this option the entire time. This solved my problem.

I still think it's a bit odd, though, since an almost identical but not quite function is private testing. The odd thing is that private testing does NOT save my times.

Thanks a bunch, and hopefully this thread will save some others some time.

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:47
Sigh. I have been looking for this option the entire time. This solved my problem. I still think it's a bit odd, though, since an almost identical but not quite function is private testing. The odd thing is that private testing does NOT save my times.

There are reasoning for that... which I forgot which were they :) but believe me there's a reason. Glad you found Time Trial now :)