PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Braking only line option

Basicblaq
25-09-2017, 01:22
Hi, Guys

I am just wondering if there is an option to only turn on the braking line?

I have searched and searched but the only option I see is the driving line on or off. I can't seem to find this option and was hoping it was hidden in another menu.

Thanks

bluesky0870
25-09-2017, 03:58
Hi, Guys

I am just wondering if there is an option to only turn on the braking line?

I have searched and searched but the only option I see is the driving line on or off. I can't seem to find this option and was hoping it was hidden in another menu.

Thanks

That's your option, the driving line is always only in front of corners as braking indicator. You could have found out easily by turning the option on or off.

Pisshead30
27-09-2017, 14:16
That's your option, the driving line is always only in front of corners as braking indicator. You could have found out easily by turning the option on or off.

so what your saying is the driving line only appears at corners and not on straights? this maybe the reason why people have posted saying it keeps disappearing

Siberian Tiger
27-09-2017, 14:21
pCars 1 had a Full Racing Line.
pCars 2 has a Only Corner Racing Line, however at the moment it's not always displayed correctly.

The next Patch will include some Tweaks and enhancements for the Race-Line ;)

Basicblaq
27-09-2017, 14:29
pCars 2 has a Only Corner Racing Line, however at the moment it's not always displayed correctly.

What I am saying PCARS1 had had Racing line option and Braking line Option. PCARS 2 doesn't have the option to select the Braking line only. It seems to have a a driving line that doesn't always work.

If you are saying it will be fixed in the next patch then I guess I will just have to wait and see. Thank you

Itsdoomsday48
27-09-2017, 14:40

Really hope so, its the only game breaking issue I have with the game right now, otherwise the game experience overall has gotten better the more I tweak it and try out new cars. Just need a functioning line to learn these new tracks:)

Roger Prynne
27-09-2017, 14:55
Really hope so, its the only game breaking issue I have with the game right now, otherwise the game experience overall has gotten better the more I tweak it and try out new cars. Just need a functioning line to learn these new tracks:)

Game breaking?

Itsdoomsday48
27-09-2017, 15:37
Game breaking?

Well if you have players who use a racing line for certain tracks and you advertise that the game comes with a racing line, how is it not game breaking for them when it flat out doesn't work on tracks 50%-75% of the time? On Long Beach I get a racing line on 2 corners of the entire track. I've always used racing lines to learn tracks no matter what game I'm playing then gradually turn them off once I feel comfortable with the track. There's tracks like Mojave on this game that I have never ran before and are a complete nightmare right now because the racing line turns on and off as you are running the course. So IMO, yes this issue is game breaking

Roger Prynne
27-09-2017, 16:06
Although I do sympathize with you, I still cant see how it is game breaking, I mean the game still works OK doesn't it? It's not broke just because the guiding line is faulty.

This is in the works for a fix by the way, so hang in there.

Itsdoomsday48
27-09-2017, 16:18
Although I do sympathize with you, I still cant see how it is game breaking, I mean the game still works OK doesn't it? It's not broke just because the guiding line is faulty.

This is in the works for a fix by the way, so hang in there.

Thanks for the reply, I'm confident this will be fixed. This isn't even as much of an issue when running with a field of cars, I just prefer to learn the tracks in private testing and adjust setups that way and the racing line has always been a huge help

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 17:43
What I am saying PCARS1 had had Racing line option and Braking line Option. PCARS 2 doesn't have the option to select the Braking line only. It seems to have a a driving line that doesn't always work.

If you are saying it will be fixed in the next patch then I guess I will just have to wait and see. Thank you

In Pcars2, Driving line= Braking line. The line is not on the complete course(i.e. straights etc), as mentioned, it is there only on corners.

Roger Prynne
27-09-2017, 17:44
Why would you need it on the straights though?

Juiced46
27-09-2017, 17:46

You don't. Some "other" games have a driving line option that makes the line on the whole course with a second braking line option. I think the terminology is what is confusing people.

DeathMetalRacer
27-09-2017, 20:22
You don't. Some "other" games have a driving line option that makes the line on the whole course with a second braking line option. I think the terminology is what is confusing people.

Yep I agree with that. I think people thought driving line on would be full line. So yes basically what there is now is a braking line or no line. I used the braking line in PC1 but have gone without this time around and I'm loving it.

Innerspace HQ
27-09-2017, 23:33
Braking lines are always quite inaccurate I found anyway. Find your own braking points and you'll be much quicker. A few laps and you'll start to remember where you're going without a neon light in the road.

Trippul G
27-09-2017, 23:42
Braking lines are always quite inaccurate I found anyway. Find your own braking points and you'll be much quicker. A few laps and you'll start to remember where you're going without a neon light in the road.

There's always someone who has to chime in with the old "you shouldn't use the braking line anyway" argument...:suspicion:

Innerspace HQ
27-09-2017, 23:45
There's always someone who has to chime in with the old "you shouldn't use the braking line anyway" argument...:suspicion:

I didn't say you shouldn't use it. There's always someone willing to take what you've written completely out of context. Is there something wrong with what I'm suggesting? I haven't said anybody should or shouldn't do anything, but you wont know unless you try was my point. I should know better than to try and suggest helping somebody go quicker... :confused:

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 00:18
I get that you're only trying to help, and I don't mean to jump down your throat, but it just gets tiring reading the same types of things any time someone asks about the braking line. OP's original question was whether or not it existed, not whether or not he should use it or if he'd be better off without it.

I understand you were only trying trying to help, but there are many reasons why someone might want to use the braking line, and I find it presumptuous for people to say, "ahh, don't use it, you don't need it anyway".

If the chase camera view was broken, I wouldn't tell someone "whatever, just use cockpit view, it's faster anyway". Or if for example, say the split time HUD element wasn't working, I wouldn't say "it'll just clutter your view. Turn it off, you'll be faster without it."

Innerspace HQ
28-09-2017, 00:26
I get that you're only trying to help, and I don't mean to jump down your throat, but it just gets tiring reading the same types of things any time someone asks about the braking line. OP's original question was whether or not it existed, not whether or not he should use it or if he'd be better off without it.

I understand you were only trying trying to help, but there are many reasons why someone might want to use the braking line, and I find it presumptuous for people to say, "ahh, don't use it, you don't need it anyway".

If the chase camera view was broken, I wouldn't tell someone "whatever, just use cockpit view, it's faster anyway". Or if for example, say the split time HUD element wasn't working, I wouldn't say "it'll just clutter your view. Turn it off, you'll be faster without it."

Aye, cool, I mean you help people your way and I'll carry on helping them my way. If I thought I was helping somebody I wouldn't give a solitary f*ck whether other people had "heard it". It's just a suggestion. You're taking it way too seriously. My own experience of turning the line off was good, it helped not having a distracting neon light in the road. By your logic nobody should share and I'm not down with that.

Roger Prynne
28-09-2017, 12:02
Stop swinging the handbags at each other girls and be nice to each other.

Ixoye56
28-09-2017, 12:39

I think people that is new to racing use it as a tool for learning to drive on the track's racing line to hit apex correctly in the curves.