PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One & Xbox One S performance on PC2

nissan4ever
25-09-2017, 01:51
It is very unfortunate that the GPU & CPU on Xbox One & Xbox One S can't do this game justice from a performance point of view. I know that the PS4 Pro handles this game just fine from the Digital Foundry video on PC2. I'll revisit this game on November 7th when I get my Xbox One X.

Then I'll be able to run max grid sizes & the frame rate won't take a serious hit (PS4 Pro runs 58 fps at Azure with max grid & thunderstorm. It runs 59 fps in clear weather with max grid at Azure. It will hit 60 fps once the grid spaces out in clear weather & wax grid at Azure. I observed that info from digital foundry video.). Only bad weather or certain tracks makes the Pro version run 1 or 2 frames slower than 60 fps. Everyone knows Azure is a tuff track on fps.

That is just something the Xbox One/S can't do. All it can muster is low 40's in the same conditions at Azure with max grid & thunderstorm. Low 50's in the clear with max grid at Azure. I don't really like that I have to limit my grid size for best performance honestly.

I don't know for sure, but based off what the PS4 Pro can do. There's really no reason why the Xbox One X won't be 60 fps the whole time. The X is 40-60% more powerful than the Pro.

I'm sure a patch or 2 will have been dropped by the X launch as well to get rid of some of the bugs.

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 01:54
It is very unfortunate that the GPU & CPU on Xbox One & Xbox One S can't do this game justice from a performance point of view. I know that the PS4 Pro handles this game just fine from the Digital Foundry video on PC2. I'll revisit this game on November 7th when I get my Xbox One X.

Then I'll be able to run max grid sizes & the frame rate won't take a serious hit (PS4 Pro runs 58 fps at Azure with max grid & thunderstorm. It runs 59 fps in clear weather with max grid at Azure. I observed that info from digital foundry video.).

That is just something the Xbox One/S can't do. All it can muster is low 40's in the same conditions at Azure with max grid & thunderstorm. Low 50's in the clear with max grid at Azure. I don't really like that I have to limit my grid size for best performance honestly.

I don't know for sure, but based off what the PS4 Pro can do. There's really no reason why the Xbox One X won't be 60 fps the whole time. The X is 40-60% more powerful than the Pro.

I'm sure a patch or 2 will have been dropped by the X launch as well to get rid of some of the bugs.

Low 40's in the absolute worst case scenario setting is much better than we achieved in PC1 on the Xbox yet we're running MUCH more overhead this time.

But the X should be a steady 60 yes. The PS Pro is pretty much that with a higher resolution and more detail.

nissan4ever
25-09-2017, 01:56
Yes, fps is higher than PC1 for sure. You definitely got more overhead this time around. The increased overhead makes for a better simulation. Can't wait to get my Xbox One X!

Stone Cold Stig
25-09-2017, 05:42
Hey guys.
been playing PC for a while now. One of the main reasons i bought the original PC was the "immersion factor" and i needed this franchise to fill a void the other racing games out there on console couldnt or woudnt deliver. I have been following the development progress of PC2 for quite some time now.

Unfortunately, and im not surprised, the XB1 version is lacking in the "performance department".
The lower frame rate and inability to run a "Full" field does take away from some of the immersion.HOWEVER.....

I saw the vision, the ENORMOUS, AMBITIOUS, AND DEMANDING VISION of this "project", And i have been following you guys for months now.
Let me say, there is an absolute BEAST under the hood of this game. You almost have to experience Project cars 2 in waves for several weeks at a time before you can truly begin to understand the "Foundation that is being built here.

It is because of this vision, this foundation, that i will continue to support this company and this game despite the fact the PC2 has not been totaly optimized for the XB1. This is not a "smack" towards SMS. After some work to the game, i believe u guys will find away to make the experience a little better on XB1.

And now that I got that out of the way, I wanted to know from a reliable source, does tuning down some of the visual effects and lowering the field make any difference at all in regards to performance (frame rate) on consoles, specifically XB1? Ive turned off rear view mirror, lowerd some of the other settings and turned of post processing, and I run a field of 25 cars "max". Oh, and i turned off rain drops lol.
There does seem to be a slight difference to me, and ive been playing the game and testing since Sept 22 12 am.

Of coures , it could be my imagination, but i dont think so. Any input would help, and sorry for making this so long.
This is my first post lol.

cheers

nissan4ever
25-09-2017, 06:57
Hey guys.
been playing PC for a while now. One of the main reasons i bought the original PC was the "immersion factor" and i needed this franchise to fill a void the other racing games out there on console couldnt or woudnt deliver. I have been following the development progress of PC2 for quite some time now.

Unfortunately, and im not surprised, the XB1 version is lacking in the "performance department".
The lower frame rate and inability to run a "Full" field does take away from some of the immersion.HOWEVER.....

I saw the vision, the ENORMOUS, AMBITIOUS, AND DEMANDING VISION of this "project", And i have been following you guys for months now.
Let me say, there is an absolute BEAST under the hood of this game. You almost have to experience Project cars 2 in waves for several weeks at a time before you can truly begin to understand the "Foundation that is being built here.

It is because of this vision, this foundation, that i will continue to support this company and this game despite the fact the PC2 has not been totaly optimized for the XB1. This is not a "smack" towards SMS. After some work to the game, i believe u guys will find away to make the experience a little better on XB1.

And now that I got that out of the way, I wanted to know from a reliable source, does tuning down some of the visual effects and lowering the field make any difference at all in regards to performance (frame rate) on consoles, specifically XB1? Ive turned off rear view mirror, lowerd some of the other settings and turned of post processing, and I run a field of 25 cars "max". Oh, and i turned off rain drops lol.
There does seem to be a slight difference to me, and ive been playing the game and testing since Sept 22 12 am.

Of coures , it could be my imagination, but i dont think so. Any input would help, and sorry for making this so long.
This is my first post lol.

cheers

If you got an Xbox One X on pre-order. You'll be good to go with PC2 on it :)

Stone Cold Stig
25-09-2017, 08:02
If you got an Xbox One X on pre-order. You'll be good to go with PC2 on it :)

Thanks, i understand the technical specs of it all , but i shouldnt have to shell out an aditional $500 to play the the game with reasonable frame rate.
Currently, there are xbox 360 racing games that run better. And yes, before u remind me of the background simulation taking place in the game with live track, i have been folowing developement of this title for a while.

Not everyone can shell out $500 for toys when they want to. I have a budget,rent and so on. I look forward to playing this on xbox 1x as well as many other titles but in the meantime im hopeful that sms will optimize the game further on xb1. It would be suicide for them and stupid if they decided to leave the game in its current state just to get people to buy xb1x. That makes no sense. I have plenty of confidence in SMS as stated before I believe in their vision.

Project Cars has filled a void for those of us who play with game pads and who are looking for some "serious" racing.
Im tired of Forzas' gimmicks and recycled content. Project Cars has opened my eyes to the future, a future where console gamers like me can get a taste of what the pc crowd has been experiencing for years.

Would love a response from one the Mods about lower graphical settings to achieve better performance (frame rate)

Pbucko
25-09-2017, 08:31
I think Xbox one/s is coming close to the end of its cycle already, especially on sim racing games. P cars 1 had fps issues, Assetto has awful fps and Now p cars 2 is suffering as well. Forza is pretty solid though, but then the physics side of things is missing, no road feel on wheels. Xbox one x is the way forward, yes it’s expensive, but so are gaming pc’s.

HighsiderBE
25-09-2017, 09:17
I was in doubt, but now I see the light. My next investment will be a gamingpc.
I won't by consoles anymore if they aren't future proof for more than 3years.
But anyway for now we'll go with this, until my xbox dies....:D