PDA

View Full Version : Grip... or super recoverable abuse

Spiderx
25-09-2017, 02:09
i have turned all that i possibly can off and yet i have this weird sensation that i can abuse the cars way beyond realisticaly recoverably abuse and yet i manage to catch it most of the time...am i missing something...i swear im not one of those that believes that hard is real..just that it feels that some god of handling is helping me out even though i have all off ...

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:11
i have turned all that i possibly can off and yet i have this weird sensation that i can abuse the cars way beyond realisticaly recoverably abuse and yet i manage to catch it most of the time...am i missing something...i swear im not one of those that believes that hard is real..just that it feels that some god of handling is helping me out even though i have all off ...

What car/track setup?

Have in mind that in real life, cars are much easy to handle than what most people think. Slide and catch them too.

Edit: Quoting Ian Bell's Interview:

"A real car is easy to drive. Even a GT3 car is easy to drive at and over the limit. But when you're over the limit, you're losing time. That doesn't mean the car is going to spin out. It means that you get a bit of oversteer... you pull in the opposite lock and you catch the car... The minute you oversteer, it's easily catchable."

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 02:16

The feedback from the real drivers was that we were accurate and if anything still erring on the side of 'too difficult to catch'. That's from all of them.

clanky
25-09-2017, 05:05
The feedback from the real drivers was that we were accurate and if anything still erring on the side of 'too difficult to catch'. That's from all of them.

Agree a lot of people think harder is "more sim or more realistic" That just isn't the case. I've tracked my car before and it's really taught me how much you can put on the car and it surprised me too before you pass the point of no return. Now if I can only figure out why my game keeps crashing then i'll be golden. Submitting bug splats for days, hopefully patch soon.

SteremyJeele
25-09-2017, 05:25

The only cars I've noticed this with are some GT3/otherwise Aero-heavy cars (which makes sense) and for some reason the X-Bow. That thing is like completely glued to the ground. But other cars that should be fairly easy to drift feel like they get to a certain degree of rotation (not that much rotation either, I'm not trying Formula D stuff here) and become impossible to catch.

The other possibility is you're just super badass at driving.

hpiguy
25-09-2017, 05:37
For the most part, I actually find Pcars 2 handling to be really well done. And I've had real cars over the limit into oversteer quite a bit in my younger days. I find myself able to save things in Pcars 2, which I think I should be able to do, when in Pcars 1 once you passed a certain point there was no coming back from it. I absolutely love throwing the Porsche GT3 and BAC Mono around Oulton park, hanging the tail out at every opportunity. Conversely, when not hooning it up, you can actually steer with the throttle now, as you should be able to.

Spiderx
25-09-2017, 09:55
Not complaining on the physics in general, they are quite ok this time around, its just that even on cars with no TC, when i do a sharp turn and floor the accelerator if the car has no TC i was expecting to see some wilder behavior... it might be just me.. but its a feeling i cant shake.

PS: i have a 2016 Civic Type R , theres a few things quite off with the game counterpart, speed is one of them... sound is another :) , car is way to loud on the game, turbo whistle on the real deal is also way lower :) ... i can easily on a straight linereach 272 Km/h , and yet on both Nurburgring nords and Le Mans big straights the car struggles to pass 240, if you check the Honda video G.Tarquini on the 7.50 lap reached 270Km on nords for example :)

Spiderx
25-09-2017, 09:58
On a side note, thank you for the artistic choice shift regarding the wheel shake from hell Mr. Ian Bell :) .... much better now !

TPH
26-09-2017, 06:27
... i can easily on a straight linereach 272 Km/h , and yet on both Nurburgring nords and Le Mans big straights the car struggles to pass 240, if you check the Honda video G.Tarquini on the 7.50 lap reached 270Km on nords for example :)

Most of the speed difference could be attributed to inaccurate speedo which is usually off by 7-10% on street cars. The rest of the speed difference should be looked into, you should go and confirm that you get all hp by watching the telemetric while doing a top speed run in game.

Wolkenwolf
26-09-2017, 08:15

Millions of engineer hours in car development have to be good for something, eh ?

Thats funny. I have the exact opposite feeling with some cars, e.g. TC and Group A. The GT3, GTE, GT1 feel relatively good and connected to the road, but i got absolutely no feeling what the rear end is doing in those 2 classes. I turn in, feel confident and whoops, the back is gone. There is nothing to catch, always 180 turn, or i have to be overly careful.
Gt4 BMW M6 for example feels like driving on soap. Seems more to be a FFB issue with my wheel. So, i would like to try your settings for the T500, (PM plz ?) and the easy to drive and slide on the edge feeling from PC1 back!

And that "bit of oversteer" , ian mentioned, AC BMW GT2 is doing the exact same. You throw in a little bit to fast, rear comes, tip the brakes, little bit countersteer and the cars is magically self adjusting. So that MUST BE RIGHT! :yes: ;)
Oh, no AC Fanboy here :D

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 08:20
Not complaining on the physics in general, they are quite ok this time around, its just that even on cars with no TC, when i do a sharp turn and floor the accelerator if the car has no TC i was expecting to see some wilder behavior... it might be just me.. but its a feeling i cant shake.

Have you tried the McLaren 720S with all assists off? It's mental :D

Spiderx
26-09-2017, 09:56
Most of the speed difference could be attributed to inaccurate speedo which is usually off by 7-10% on street cars. The rest of the speed difference should be looked into, you should go and confirm that you get all hp by watching the telemetric while doing a top speed run in game.

The speedo is not having that kind of error , not by a stretch, we are talking about a car that has 400nm of torque yet in game the 6th gear is almost useless unless you are going downhill... thats completely wrong :) believe me, besides i use GPS to measure my speeds the speedo has in fact an error of about 4km/h. nevertheless the difference is huge to the car in game ... and im talking about a 100% stock car as you might imagine ...

Spiderx
26-09-2017, 09:57
Have you tried the McLaren 720S with all assists off? It's mental :D

Not yet m8, i will :)

megala
26-09-2017, 21:55

I'm a real driver and owner of the current generation Camaro. All of the feedback that I've received from everyone who's attempted to use the ZL1 Camaro is that it is one of worst handling cars in the game. The car will not stay straight when beginning a race at the starting line and has extremely numb steering and handling. I'm going to try Jack Spade's FFB file tonight but so far what I have heard from others is that no settings files or adjustment can address the car's problems. The new Camaro has a better chassis than the C7 Corvette in the real world. Please fix this car. All I can do is ask nicely and provide you with feedback (real and from other in game users). I hope you can find time to address this and appreciate your consideration.

Thank you

rosko
26-09-2017, 23:33
Millions of engineer hours in car development have to be good for something, eh ?

Thats funny. I have the exact opposite feeling with some cars, e.g. TC and Group A. The GT3, GTE, GT1 feel relatively good and connected to the road, but i got absolutely no feeling what the rear end is doing in those 2 classes. I turn in, feel confident and whoops, the back is gone. There is nothing to catch, always 180 turn, or i have to be overly careful.
Gt4 BMW M6 for example feels like driving on soap. Seems more to be a FFB issue with my wheel. So, i would like to try your settings for the T500, (PM plz ?) and the easy to drive and slide on the edge feeling from PC1 back!

And that "bit of oversteer" , ian mentioned, AC BMW GT2 is doing the exact same. You throw in a little bit to fast, rear comes, tip the brakes, little bit countersteer and the cars is magically self adjusting. So that MUST BE RIGHT! :yes: ;)
Oh, no AC Fanboy here :D
I think if you turn up tone you will feel more sat and feel the rear more.

winet
27-09-2017, 00:37
Have you tried the McLaren 720S with all assists off? It's mental :D That it is but minus the i(ce)racing feeling